The Student Room Group

2016 AQA English Literature predictions?

Hi all. I am revising everything obviously but does anyone have any particular questions that they think are likely to come up? Thanks

(GCSE)
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
which book are you doing? My school chose The Crucible :frown:
I think a question about Candy will come in 'Of Mice and Men' and perhaps a theme on loneliness or discrimination.
Reply 3
Original post by shado.
which book are you doing? My school chose The Crucible :frown:

Me too :frown: How are you getting on with it?
Reply 4
For An Inspector Calls people are saying most likely Shelia for the character question
Well I personally am doing TKAM and AIC with the conflict poetry cluster but I'm leaving this thread open to other predictions to help others too :smile:
Original post by amyward32
I think a question about Candy will come in 'Of Mice and Men' and perhaps a theme on loneliness or discrimination.

I seriously hope so, I swear if it's on Slim or Carlson I will cry lol
Reply 7
OMAM - Carlson and Curley
CHARACTER AND VOICE - ?????????????????????
DNA - ?????????????????????????
I think:

Dill for TKAM
Jerome and the Landlord for The Woman in Black
Original post by Redcoats
I think:

Dill for TKAM
Jerome and the Landlord for The Woman in Black

I've heard quite a few rumours about Dill. I've also heard something about the woman (miss maudie, calpurnia)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing OMAM and AIC and our teacher has said Carlson, Curley or Candy could come up for OMAM and either Sheila and/or Gerald for AIC - there could be something about their relationship as neither of them have came up in a while
Original post by elliemayanne
I've heard quite a few rumours about Dill. I've also heard something about the woman (miss maudie, calpurnia)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Miss Maudie has already seen the light of day on the exam paper in 2012, yet it could be Calpurnia. However, there are only really two passages about Cal (in Black Church and at the beginning of the book) so would the examiners make it that easy to predict?
anyone have any predictions for mister pip or the crucible, have no clue what I'm doing for either...
Is anyone doing VFTB as thats the book i ve been studing
Reply 14
is anyone doing woman in black?
Reply 15
Original post by Mr_Hankey
anyone have any predictions for mister pip or the crucible, have no clue what I'm doing for either...

Our english teachers reckon Danforth is going to come up as the character question for The Crucible
Reply 16
Original post by CaptErin
Me too :frown: How are you getting on with it?

Just revising the characters and completely ignoring the themes. So I'll definitely choose the character question regardless who it's going to be (i do hope it's going to be danforth or hale though)
Original post by shado.
Just revising the characters and completely ignoring the themes. So I'll definitely choose the character question regardless who it's going to be (i do hope it's going to be danforth or hale though)

If Hale or Danforth were to come up I'd definitely go for the character question (maybe if Elizabeth came up too), but I'm hoping for an easy theme like betrayal last year!
Reply 18
Original post by CaptErin
If Hale or Danforth were to come up I'd definitely go for the character question (maybe if Elizabeth came up too), but I'm hoping for an easy theme like betrayal last year!

I'm worried that minor character may come up, like Cheever or Hathorne. I'm not really sure if it's possible since they aren't as important as Danforth or Hale, but meh, still worried
Original post by shado.
I'm worried that minor character may come up, like Cheever or Hathorne. I'm not really sure if it's possible since they aren't as important as Danforth or Hale, but meh, still worried

Yeah me too, but I keep thinking that they can't because they both have about 2 or 3 lines, so what can you really write about them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending