The Student Room Group

PSYA2 help resit

What is it asking, 'describe' is it just describing the methodology of the study and the conclusions?WIN_20160507_16_37_21_Pro.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Numero Uno
What is it asking, 'describe' is it just describing the methodology of the study and the conclusions?

Yep. No need to evaluate, etc.

Check AQA's mark schemes for examples.
Reply 2
Original post by Davalla
Yep. No need to evaluate, etc.

Check AQA's mark schemes for examples.

Thank you I am useless at understanding what they ask.:smile:
Looking everywhere for people who are resetting PSYA2!

How are you feeling for it?
Reply 4
Original post by aimsnaywux
Looking everywhere for people who are resetting PSYA2!

How are you feeling for it?

Compared to A2 I can see it is easier, although I probably won't get a pass still. How about you?

Oh and have you seen a PSYA2 forum going around??
Compared to A2 I can see it is easier, although I probably won't get a pass still. How about you?

Oh and have you seen a PSYA2 forum going around??

A2 oh god that will be the death of me!

I think I'll get higher though (I got a E) in my PSYA2 so that's why I'm resitting.

I can't find one tbh, I did start one however nobody responded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Just wondering how everyone is revising for the exam over the next few days?
Reply 7
And can some one please explain the Cognitive explanations and therapies (CBT and REBT) to me please? I STILL don't understand it
Thank you in advance
Original post by Unknown_2
And can some one please explain the Cognitive explanations and therapies (CBT and REBT) to me please? I STILL don't understand it
Thank you in advance

What topic is that for? I can try to help you however I go by biological explanations/therarpies and psychological (then some are like in sub categories)

Give me the topic and I shall try help.
Just wondering how everyone is revising for the exam over the next few days?

Doing something similar to the old read, write, cover, write trick.

Read the study, copy down the study, read over it again, cover the study and write down what you remember. If you miss anything out - repeat the process till you fully smash the study.

Also past papers, they are the best.
What topic is that for? I can try to help you however I go by biological explanations/therarpies and psychological (then some are like in sub categories)

Give me the topic and I shall try help.

Its the Individual Differences (abnormality) section we got taught: biological, psycho dynamic and cognitive approaches
Doing something similar to the old read, write, cover, write trick.

Read the study, copy down the study, read over it again, cover the study and write down what you remember. If you miss anything out - repeat the process till you fully smash the study.

Also past papers, they are the best.

That's a good idea, I've been having a hard time remembering some of the studies. Thank you so much
Its the Individual Differences (abnormality) section we got taught: biological, psycho dynamic and cognitive approaches

I will private message you now, I will type up my simple form notes for you.

Let me know if you get my message because theres nothing in my sent.
(edited 7 years ago)
I will private message you now, I will type up my simple form notes for you.

Wow, thank you
I don't even know how to revise, my teacher says to read then precis down all of the text. Not sure if this works any other good methods of remembering information??:s-smilie::smile:
I don't even know how to revise, my teacher says to read then precis down all of the text. Not sure if this works any other good methods of remembering information??:s-smilie::smile:

when it comes to studies in my notes I put them in the shortest form so in the exam I can easily expand for instance if I was making the point

"Kiecolt Glaser used 75 medical students as participants in his research into exam stress and the immune system"

I would write "kiecolt glaser, 75 med students, exams + I.S (immune system)"

I usually shorten phrases for example "daily hassles" DH, "life changes" LC
when it comes to studies in my notes I put them in the shortest form so in the exam I can easily expand for instance if I was making the point

"Kiecolt Glaser used 75 medical students as participants in his research into exam stress and the immune system"

I would write "kiecolt glaser, 75 med students, exams + I.S (immune system)"

I usually shorten phrases for example "daily hassles" DH, "life changes" LC

Thanks for that how about AO2 the same?
Thanks for that how about AO2 the same?

for my AO2 what I do is like under the study do a tick and a cross and just list the AO2, in the tick I do the strengths, cross I do the weakness. Hope that helps, need any more help/notes/discussion feel free to message me - I don't mind typing my notes up for people.
for my AO2 what I do is like under the study do a tick and a cross and just list the AO2, in the tick I do the strengths, cross I do the weakness. Hope that helps, need any more help/notes/discussion feel free to message me - I don't mind typing my notes up for people.

Oh yeah, how much research methods are we supposed to do ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending