The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing OMAM for my book and AIC for my play, and conflict for my poetry, i'm pretty confident about OMAM and i think that Candy or the american dream will come up. For Candy, refer to the similarities between him and his dog, and how the sick and elderly are treated by the younger generation. Also, if that scene comes up, refer to how slim, even though he seems "godlike" and "kind" he can't change the fate of the dog.
Could someone please give me an idea of what will come up for AiC, and what to revise for it, because I always seem to fall down on that question

*edit i meant candy not curley, i know what i'm talking about i swear
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MIST_123
If anyone wants Mr Bruff's A* Videos (10 In depth videos each 15-30 mins long), PM me! 6 Videos for English Language and 4 for English Literature (one covering each question in depth). Helped me get 2 A*s last year!

Also have AIC and OMAM recourses if anyone is interested.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The videos and AIC resources would be really helpful! :smile:
Hi is anyone else really stuck on The crucible. I have no idea how to revise!! I am freaking out I need an A*!! Anyone have any tips?
Speaking of AiC, there's a chance that Time or Uncertainty might come up (as themes).

:s-smilie:
If anyone wants Mr Bruff's A* Videos (10 In depth videos each 15-30 mins long), PM me! 6 Videos for GCSE English Language and 4 for English Literature (one covering each question in depth). Helped me get 2 A*s last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harrymason
I'm doing OMAM for my book and AIC for my play, and conflict for my poetry, i'm pretty confident about OMAM and i think that Candy or the american dream will come up. For Candy, refer to the similarities between him and his dog, and how the sick and elderly are treated by the younger generation. Also, if that scene comes up, refer to how slim, even though he seems "godlike" and "kind" he can't change the fate of the dog.
Could someone please give me an idea of what will come up for AiC, and what to revise for it, because I always seem to fall down on that question

*edit i meant candy not curley, i know what i'm talking about i swear

i think for An inspector calls Gerald or Sheila will come up. as the other characters have come up recently in past papers. and the theme social responsibilty. this is just a guess
Original post by emmald583
Speaking of AiC, there's a chance that Time or Uncertainty might come up (as themes).

:s-smilie:

Oh god i hope not, the only thing i know about time is the difference between the beginning scene and the end scene :/
Reply 427
Original post by Ucalyptas
What is predicted to come up for Of Mice and Men? I'm thinking curley, and who else?

I think it might be dreams, but they could throw something horrible at us like power..
If anyone wants Mr Bruff's A* Videos (10 In depth videos each 15-30 mins long), PM me! 6 Videos for GCSE English Language and 4 for English Literature (one covering each question in depth). Helped me get 2 A*s last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

videos and aic and omam sound good!
Reply 429
Yes the videos would be really helpful thanks X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please do send me the videos and the resources if you can! That would be amazing. Thank youu x
Could I have the videos
If anyone wants Mr Bruff's A* Videos (10 In depth videos each 15-30 mins long), PM me! 6 Videos for English Language and 4 for English Literature (one covering each question in depth). Helped me get 2 A*s last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any predictions for Lord of the Flies and To Kill A Mockingbird?
Original post by georgie0c

I think either Dill or Calpurnia for To Kill A Mockingbird

My teachers predict that TKAMB will be on family life.
Reply 435

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi i would love if you could send me the videos and the resources for AIC.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you send them to me please??

some teachers in my school have predicted LOTF to be about The Conch and Jack
TKAM might be the passage about Jem being "colour blind" before going to Calpurnia's Church.
I'd also say that prehaps symbols in LOTF may come up? Or maybe even something like setting or weather?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending