The Student Room Group

Why do leftists love Islam?

Scroll to see replies

Oh cool. So does Buddhism give dictate any specific morals?
Original post by BaconandSauce

But my favorite mistake so far is their claim that a book 1600 years old would not survive this long (which is of course untrue as we have older documents than this (one about twice as old
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Smith_Papyrus) )

Indeed, we have many ancient texts that predate the life of Mohammed.

And in fact, in questioning whether texts from that period can survive, he is implicitly questioning the fundamental basis of Islam; that it has been passed down uncorrupted and untainted by editing.

but they will ask for facts then dismiss them as untrue when they are inconvenient (such as the child molestation, banditry and murdering people all well recorded by previous Muslims)

Unfortunately denial seems to be the standard modus operandi for the modern Muslim apologist. Denial mixed with an unhealthy dose of victimhood and conspiracism
In Mohammad's defense, pedophilia was most likely socially acceptable in those days, especially, given the early average age of mortality. Besides, whether he engaged sexually with a 9 year old or not, doesn't subtract from the fact that millions of people follow the religion and will continue to do so.

It also doesn't subtract from the fact that all religions seek to control people and do not offer any real substance. They simply fill gaps, where science wasn't able to provide answers at the time e.g. how the universe came to existence. We still don't quite know the answer, which is why religion is still around...
we have written material that is much older than Islam so again you are mistaken

Yeah, and you're telling me that they are physically still present today, intact and legible?
Original post by Onde
Do you agree that those like @BaconandSauce who spread mischief about Islam should be crucified or otherwise brutally murdered?

No, wtf???
They should be taught to understand the religion, if they're willing to.
Original post by ovo_zverit
Yeah, and you're telling me that they are physically still present today, intact and legible?

Yes. (Jesus I even gave you a link)

Here's another one for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Sea_Scrolls

If I were you I'd stop now as you are not coming over very well here on a student forum with educated posters.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Thutmose-III
If you can't conduct a conversation without becoming abusive, perhaps you should reconsider your participation.

Again with the abuse and the ad hominems. Try to direct yourself to the point he made.

The more I learn about Islam the more it confirms my worst fears. The characterisation of Mohammed as a camel pilferer with a taste for underage girls is an accurate one; do you deny it?

lmfao, you have 0 evidence to state that it's "accurate". Opinions aren't facts, sorry.
Yes. (Jesus I even gave you a link)

Here's another one for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Sea_Scrolls

If I were you I'd stop now as you are not coming over very well here on a student forum with educated posters.

Sorry, missed the link.
Educated posters? Hmmm, you don't seem to be educated on Islam at all though. Just guess-work and disrespectful opinions. No education needed there.
Sorry, missed the link.
Educated posters? Hmmm, you don't seem to be educated on Islam at all though. Just guess-work and disrespectful opinions. No education needed there.

Ah so proven wrong you go for the personal attack.

I suspect you don't even know (or would refuse to accept) how the quran you have today was created and by whom when you make such stupid claims as you have on this thread.
(edited 7 years ago)
lmfao, you have 0 evidence to state that it's "accurate". Opinions aren't facts, sorry.

as you have already been shown on this thread just because you are unaware of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
so I can only assume what you're going to say is false.

Ah! The argument of the intellectual

but loved this oxymoron 'You wouldn't know the facts because you choose not to believe'

and with that I'll go back to working on my thesis.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ah! The argument of the intellectual

and with that I'll go back to working on my thesis.

Good luck on that.
Original post by JPO92
Go back to the comment I was replying to. Actually read it. Does it say Islam anywhere?

Does it? (not rhetorical)

What you are suggesting only proves my point. You believed that the fact I was replying to that individual meant that I was replying to all of you who agree on hating Islam. You're making a mockery of yourself. You're literally doing the very thing that I accused you of, and most astoundingly, you're doing it to yourself!

This thread is about Islam.

The title is "Why do leftists love Islam?"

I was doing you the courtesy of assuming you were staying on topic and attempting to make a meaningful contribution to the discussion. My mistake, obviously.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Thequickspark
Islam is not a religion of peace, but there are peaceful people following it.

Christianity is not a religion of peace, but there are peaceful people following it.

Judaism is not a religion of peace, but there are peaceful people following it.

etc.

How you define "religion of peace"?
Original post by shakeebshams
...The prophet before was known as the most honest and the most respected person in all of Arabia...

That had been my picture of Mohammad. I used to defend Mohammad and Islam, as I have friends and family that are Muslims. At a point several years ago, I started my own research into the life of Mohammad, what I found did not match at all the picture that I had developed throughout my life. It is incredibly sad and unfortunate, but Mohammad is clearly not the kind, peace loving prophet or religious figure that matches the likes of Buddha or Jesus, etc. Mohammad was a tyrannical warlord, the absolute worst.

Original post by shakeebshams

Inshallah, Allah may guide you people to the right path and make your minds devoid of Ignorance

Peace, I'm out.

We should all be on the path of removing ignorance, always striving to learn the truth. Peace to you.
Reply 295
Original post by JezWeCan!
This thread is about Islam.

The title is "Why do leftists love Islam?"

I was doing you the courtesy of assuming you were staying on topic and attempting to make a meaningful contribution to the discussion. My mistake, obviously.

Don't accuse me of not staying on topic. Accuse your friend that you so gallantly intervened for...
Original post by QE2
1. Whataboutery!
A man having sex with a 12 year old does not excuse a man having sex with a 9 year old.

2. Muslims claim that the Bible has been corrupted by men, so you can't use anything within it as evidence.

Jeez, this is sooo easy!
At least people like @ash92 [s]smile[/s] and @ThatMuslimGuy will present a word salad that people CBA to pick through.

Indulge in the vanity of ad hominem and self-admiration.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Original post by admonit
How you define "religion of peace"?

I define it as a religion that consistently enforces a message of peace through peaceful means. No reference to murdering in the name of achieving peace.
Getting tired of this "stop generalizing Muslims!" response. Nobody's saying all Muslims are terrorists that are going to behead homosexuals and rape people. However, the Islamic world has an undeniable problem when it comes to these things. Most Muslims are not the tolerant, Westernized family living next door who have a very liberal take on their religion in a land where it has little power.

There is a clear pattern when it comes to Islam and things like terror, oppression of women, abuse of human rights, etc. A lot of this stems directly from doctrine. I bet very few of the Lefty Westerners crying "Islamophobe!" would be able to survive in a Muslim country.
Reply 299
Original post by ash92:)
Indulge in the vanity of ad hominem and self-admiration.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Sounds like the advertising slogan for a his'n'hers fragrance range. Like it!

Have you ever thought of being an advertising copy writer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending