Men are the oppressed.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by AxSirlotl
Is troll thread k?

Why? Because you don't agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ClockworkHobbit
It depends on the person. I know some men who are very feminine because that's what they like, and I know women who are very masculine because that's what they like. If a woman wants to be a builder then she should be a builder, and if she'd rather become a hairdresser then fine. If people want to label themselves or their jobs as masculine and feminine then they can, but who cares?

What do you mean about the manipulation? I don't understand what it has to do with what we are on about.

No woman wants to be a builder.
Original post by IAmNero
Why? Because you don't agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. When you say "The oppressed" it makes it seem as though men are oppressed much more than anybody else. I'm sure that you'll find that that's not true.
Original post by joecphillips
There are other places to go in fact there are more female only golf clubs as than male only.

There are alternative places

I'm enjoying your hypocrisy saying women can keep there spaces but men can't as they are successful.

This is feminism for ya. And if you don't agree with a feminist, then you're a patriarchal misogynistic scary eye rapist who needs to be locked up to keep women safe.
Original post by IAmNero
In modern society. Now I know people will get up in arms but hear me out.

1. Men are the primary victims of suicide.

2. Men are most likely to suffer from violent crime.

3. Men are most likely to become homeless.

4. Only 8% of domestic violence services are designed specifically for men

5. There are a grand total of 0 male only gyms officially registered.

6. The education system is linear not modular, a system that favours women

7. Men are now at a 2:1 disadvantage when looking for work in STEM fields.

8. More than 50% of degrees in 2013 were gained by women

9. In most divorce cases men are made to pay ridiculous sums.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow so 9 points (most of which are caused because of men themselves) mean that you are the oppressed sex? And you wonder why people can't take "meninists" seriously? :h:
There are other places to go in fact there are more female only golf clubs as than male only.

There are alternative places

I'm enjoying your hypocrisy saying women can keep there spaces but men can't as they are successful.

Again, I have never said once that men can't have their own spaces, I'm just saying that the best places (not just muirfield) should be open to everyone. If there was a womens only golf club that was considered to be the best and people wanted to open it up to men then I would agree, because everyone deserves to have the best place to practice.
Original post by george_c00per
Wow so 9 points (most of which are caused because of men themselves) mean that you are the oppressed sex? And you wonder why people can't take "meninists" seriously? :h:

Women start divorce proceedings more often

Meninist was a joke not meant to be taken seriously.
(edited 7 years ago)
Again, I have never said once that men can't have their own spaces, I'm just saying that the best places (not just muirfield) should be open to everyone. If there was a womens only golf club that was considered to be the best and people wanted to open it up to men then I would agree, because everyone deserves to have the best place to practice.

So if you are successful you lose rights is what you are saying?
Women start divorce proceedings more often

I said most, not all.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
No woman wants to be a builder.

And yet there are women builders. Funny that, isn't it. You know, most people don't like to be grouped and categorised.

Oh, and I like the way you dodged my question about what you meant by manipulation.
Feel like this is as good a place as any to promote this change, do read it and think about the petition's aim:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/124524
Original post by IAmNero

Posted from TSR Mobile

Women need to respect men, men need to respect women. It's the only way we'll get on.
Actually, where i come from, there are more than two male only gyms and more than four female gyms, just to state it out.
Nowadays, females strive to be stronger
Nowadays, men strive to remain strong

I think to a certain extent men and women can never really be equal to that context of 'oh, we're the same! How cool..' But we can strive to balance out certain aspects and not degrade the other gender.

Also depends on the country you live in sometimes

P.S-this is an overall opinion
And yet there are women builders. Funny that, isn't it. You know, most people don't like to be grouped and categorised.

Oh, and I like the way you dodged my question about what you meant by manipulation.

Yes there may be one or two female builders. OK you win. In my 22 years of living, I have yet to see a female builder so I guess you're one of the lucky ones.

I couldn't be bothered answering it.
So if you are successful you lose rights is what you are saying?

Not at all, don't try and twist my words.
Reply 114
1. Okay, fair enough, but more is being done about that now

2. From other men

3. I don't really know enough to comment

4. Because more women are abused, so more services are needed for women as there are simply more female victims (I'm not saying that there shouldn't be more for men, I'm just giving a reason why)

5. Because women need women only gyms because in mixed gender gyms women are often made to feel uncomfortable by the men there, as if they don't belong, or because the men are making inappropriate comments and catcalling.

6. And yet out of the top 100 businesses only 7 have women CEO's, so even if women are doing better in the education system, men are still getting the top jobs.

7. Again, I don't know enough to comment

8. Because there are more women in the world than men, 51% of the population are female, 49% are male, it makes sense that more women are getting degrees. Also, more women go to university than men, meaning that more women are getting degrees, you can't give degrees to people who aren't in uni.

9. Yeah, that one isn't fair

You are right, men do get oppressed, and there are some inequalities that men do face that women don't. However, there are so many more inequalities that women face, that men don't even realise. And men are to blame for this oppression, on both sides, most of the time.

Sorry but that last paragraph in itself is the most sexist load if rubbish. It's actually bordeline offensive. "Yeah men do have these issues of discrimination causing them to commit suicide and stuff but they don't realise how much more problems women have and even when they do have these issues it is mens fault anyway". Just ridiculous.

IF the suicide rate was so high in women, we would never hear the end of it. It would be all over the news, feminists would be screaming for something to be done about it. Anyone who says they believe otherwise is lying. It CERTAINLY would not just be dismissed as 'ah women can't open up as well as men can'. There would be investigations and questions into what happens to those young women in their life to cause them to commit suicide...what pressures they face, what discrimination they face, how society talks about them and their worth. There is a very real problem in this society here and it's unacceptable to just overlook it. As i mentioned, the BBC 'sexism' section does not have one single article about sexism against men. No way in hell do feminists shoud loudly for mens rights and the mend rights activists (of which there aren't many) are often mocked by those same feminists.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Yes there may be one or two female builders. OK you win. In my 22 years of living, I have yet to see a female builder so I guess you're one of the lucky ones.

I couldn't be bothered answering it.

Well, if society didn't tell women that they shouldn't do those kinds of jobs, you clearly don't think women should be in that line of work, so why you brought it up is beyond me.
Well, if society didn't tell women that they shouldn't do those kinds of jobs, you clearly don't think women should be in that line of work, so why you brought it up is beyond me.

in what way has society 'told' women they shouldn't do those sort of jobs?
Original post by Jd_uk
Sorry but that last paragraph in itself is the most sexist load if rubbish. It's actually bordeline offensive. "Yeah men do have these issues of discrimination causing them to commit suicide and stuff but they don't realise how much more problems women have and even when they do have these issues it is mens fault anyway". Just ridiculous.

IF the suicide rate was so high in women, we would never hear the end of it. It would be all over the news, feminists would be screaming for something to be done about it. Anyone who says they believe otherwise is lying. It CERTAINLY would not just be dismissed as 'ah women can't open up as well as men can'. There would be investigations and questions into what happens to those young women in their life to cause them to commit suicide...what pressures they face, what discrimination they face, how society talks about them and their worth. There is a very real problem in this society here and it's unacceptable to just overlook it. As i mentioned, the BBC 'sexism' section does not have one single article about sexism against men. No way in hell do feminists shoud loudly for mens rights and the mend rights activists (of which there aren't many) are often mocked by those same feminists.

I'm not saying that mens issues should be overlooked because women may have more, I'm saying that both men and women have issues that need to be dealt with.

Suicide rates in men are high, and people should be more aware, there are now more campaigns to try and lower suicide rates. And feminists do want something to be done about it, because feminists believe in equality. I don't think it should be dismissed like it is and I agree with you on that. And feminism covers mens rights, not as much as it should do, but it does. There is a lot of work to be done on both sides before equality is reached, mens rights and womens rights both need to be looked at, and we need to stop arguing with one another about who needs more help because everyone needs help. Men are oppressed. Women are oppressed. We need equality.
Original post by IAmNero

Posted from TSR Mobile

How come men are more likely to be homeless?
Not at all, don't try and twist my words.

Well how else would you describe the best? The successful are seen as the best and you propose to take away their rights to determine members.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending