The Student Room Group

New edexcel alevel history - Democracies in Change

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hogree
Fair enough. I mean, just thinking of an example here of a question - you might have done this in class or as a mock - it's off the Sample Assessment Materials. The sources are just completely different and I'm not sure whether anyone would be able to show me an example of a good answer to it.
Attachment not found

History1.JPG

I think I did that one the other day? Can't remember. I got 15 or 16 on it. I'm just gonna do it how my teachers told me too though x
Reckoning immigration (Syria),decline of libs (who did more damage Lloyd George or Nick clegg) and either NHS or education
Anyone else got an idea
Reply 82
Good luck guys! Politics please please please!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
How was it folks

Picked Welfare and Women. Hopefully solid Level 3s. Be lucky for a Level 3 Answer in thatcher bit shabby own knowledge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any notes for the USA section, and different topics to revise?
Reply 85
Original post by saraaa1701
Any notes for the USA section, and different topics to revise?

That the early or late topic?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did political landscape & popular culture which was good but thatcher went badddddd
Reply 87
Original post by ellefrancessa
I did political landscape & popular culture which was good but thatcher went badddddd

Relatable as

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hogree
That the early or late topic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

early topic please
Reply 89
Original post by 100rosie100
early topic please

Not done many complete revision notes for USA yet. I'll see if i can knock any up.

Done so much intensive British revision last couple of days, I literally can't remember anything about USA.
Thatcher was just soooo uncomparable!!! There were loads of differences and as long as we spoke about those my teachers said it was fine x
Original post by hogree
Not done many complete revision notes for USA yet. I'll see if i can knock any up.

Done so much intensive British revision last couple of days, I literally can't remember anything about USA.

That is just what I've been thinking, I have had so many exams over the last few days that I have now forgotten everything about US! Good luck with the USA revision :biggrin:
Need notes for the roaring twenties, new deal and the years after!
Reply 93
Just a shout, don't know if anyone's made a timeline for USA Boom Bust and Recovery. If you have, you are a life-saver, otherwise I'll try and make one tonight.
Original post by hogree
Just a shout, don't know if anyone's made a timeline for USA Boom Bust and Recovery. If you have, you are a life-saver, otherwise I'll try and make one tonight.

Unfortunately not aha!

On anothr note, how's everyone feeling about the sources?
Can anyone send me your notes on Britain transformed 1918-75
Reply 97
Oooh. Any thoughts on this

You know the First 8-Marker always asks "Why is Source # valuable for an investigation into...."
What happens if we don't think the Source is valuable?

Would you try and find reasons that it is valuable. Or would you argue against it being valuable?

Because I would assume the former, but not sure...
Original post by hogree
Oooh. Any thoughts on this

You know the First 8-Marker always asks "Why is Source # valuable for an investigation into...."
What happens if we don't think the Source is valuable?

Would you try and find reasons that it is valuable. Or would you argue against it being valuable?
Because I would assume the former, but not sure...

You have to find just reasons why it is valuable! I'd be very surprised if they gave us a source which wasn't valuable in some way :smile:
Reply 99
Hope so. Oh, and Ive got a couple of timelines on the Boom, Bust, Recovery which I can send people copied across into readable fashion from the web (pretty detailed unfortunately), if any want a copy, feel free to email me [email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending