The Student Room Group

Latin Language GCSE Tomorrow ... Revision?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by abc_123_
I don't like Ovid it's so long to learn but I quite like Catullus's poems (especially Odi et Amo) I thought that the Death of Pliny was interesting nearer the end but otherwise preferred the Verse. Wbu? xx

Omg no the complete opposite !! I prefer prose especially arriae

My least favourite of verse is odi et amo but mostly because I have no stylistic notes on it ... Haha it's funny how different our views are

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Crobby
Im doing pliny too! Do you have any notes or language stuff by any chance? I have none!

I have all the Pliny and Ovid typed up on Quizlet: xxx_hannahrice_xxx for learning and could send you some of my notes if you wanted but I'm sure you could download the notes from online? xxx
Reply 22
Original post by dance25
Omg no the complete opposite !! I prefer prose especially arriae

My least favourite of verse is odi et amo but mostly because I have no stylistic notes on it ... Haha it's funny how different our views are

Posted from TSR Mobile

In terms of stylistic notes I agree that Odi et amo has not much to write but I like the way the poem sounds xx
Reply 23
In terms of stylistic notes I agree that Odi et amo has not much to write but I like the way the poem sounds xx

I guess yeah 😂
You taking Latin next year? I'm not and am so glad latins nearly over 🎉🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by dance25
I guess yeah 😂
You taking Latin next year? I'm not and am so glad latins nearly over 🎉🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope they don't offer Latin as an A Level at my school I didn't know you could take it until a month ago xx I did enjoy taking it but am glad I'm not taking it next year as 2 years was enough stress xx
Reply 25
I have all the Pliny and Ovid typed up on Quizlet: xxx_hannahrice_xxx for learning and could send you some of my notes if you wanted but I'm sure you could download the notes from online? xxx

Aah thanks so much for the quizlet! I just cant seem to find notes, ive spent 2 hours searching haha
Ugh, nobody does the same prose as me :frown:
Reply 27
Original post by The-Hof123
Ugh, nobody does the same prose as me :frown:

What are you doing? xx
What are you doing? xx

Cicero, Caesar, Tacitus

Marital Conflict, Caesar at the heart of battle against the belgae, Bravery and strategy in battle, Inspiration for the fight
Reply 29
Cicero, Caesar, Tacitus

Marital Conflict, Caesar at the heart of battle against the belgae, Bravery and strategy in battle, Inspiration for the fight

Oh sorry I've never heard of that :frown: xxx good luck tho xx
Oh sorry I've never heard of that :frown: xxx good luck tho xx

Dw, oh well, I mean With my 2 lang papers, and my sources, they're normally good, so that'll bring my grade up xD I got A*s in the mock and a D for the prose :smile:
Reply 31
Dw, oh well, I mean With my 2 lang papers, and my sources, they're normally good, so that'll bring my grade up xD I got A*s in the mock and a D for the prose :smile:

Aww well done xxx I didn't do a proper mock for the Prose or Verse because we only started them after November and mocks were in October but I've been doing okay with past papers :smile: xx I'm sure on the day you will do fine xx
Aww well done xxx I didn't do a proper mock for the Prose or Verse because we only started them after November and mocks were in October but I've been doing okay with past papers :smile: xx I'm sure on the day you will do fine xx

That's good, and how come you're doing Prose AND verse???? We're only doing Prose
Reply 33
That's good, and how come you're doing Prose AND verse???? We're only doing Prose

Do you have two separate Prose exams? If so maybe you're doing two sets of Prose instead of a Prose and a Verse xx
Reply 34

Because you're doing the source paper and the prose and others do prose and verse but no source

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dance25
Because you're doing the source paper and the prose and others do prose and verse but no source

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhhhh, I'm glad about that :smile:
Reply 36
Ohhhhh, I'm glad about that :smile:

What is source? xx
What is source? xx

Like you get these pictures or pieces of writing in a booklet, which you don't need to remember and then you have to analyse them. A bit like what you do in history, if you do history XD
Reply 38
Like you get these pictures or pieces of writing in a booklet, which you don't need to remember and then you have to analyse them. A bit like what you do in history, if you do history XD

Nope I don't do History but I remember doing it in Year 9 and being quite bad so I'm glad I don't do that paper. It's personal preference I guess - I'm quite good at learning stuff but rubbish at analysing (so I can just learn the notes for Prose etc but would fail the sources probably) xx
e.g. You get a picture of the coliseum and then the question is:

Look at Source A, and suggest 2 reasons for the structure of the building

The answer would be something like this:

It is circular, with tiered seating so that everyone in the arena could see the events taking place
The fighting area is covered in sand, so that the blood from gladiators and wild beasts can be soaked up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending