The Student Room Group

Edexcel Official Chemistry Paper1:Core Inorganic and Physical Chemistry - 27th of May

Scroll to see replies

I'm just happy there is no Hess' law in the first paper. Topic 4 i hate, too many stupid trends to remember! Topic 2 is a blessing :biggrin: what is your weaknesses in the first paper? hopefully you dont have any! Good luck to all!
Does anyone have the second specimen papers?
would be appreciated
Original post by JAFF2400
I'm just happy there is no Hess' law in the first paper. Topic 4 i hate, too many stupid trends to remember! Topic 2 is a blessing :biggrin: what is your weaknesses in the first paper? hopefully you dont have any! Good luck to all!

I guess my main weakness is in questions not specifically about chemistry theory (such as questions on experiments, data, errors, etc) i'm not always sure what they want as the answer. Topic 1,2,3,4,5 are all fine for me. I may have to revise the core practicals in this section though.
Can somebody help with this please?

Which of the following contains the most chloride ions?
A 10cm3 of 3.30X10^-2 moldm^-3 aluminium chloride solution
B 20cm3 of 5.00X10^-2 moldm^-3 calcium chloride solution
C 30cm3 of 3.30X10^-2 moldm^-3 hydrochloric acid
D 40cm3 of 2.50X10^-2 moldm^-3 sodium chloride solution
Original post by richpanda
Do you have the paper available to you in even a paper form? If you do, then would we be able to get in contact via whatsapp/kik and for you to send the questions as photos? Would be eternally grateful.

I haven't got the paper back from my teacher yet as she hasn't marked it and not all our classes have taken the test. If I get it back before Friday I will send you the questions
Original post by aipomaniac
I haven't got the paper back from my teacher yet as she hasn't marked it and not all our classes have taken the test. If I get it back before Friday I will send you the questions

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. Please just quote or me something if you get it back, thank you!
Original post by angellll
Can somebody help with this please?

Which of the following contains the most chloride ions?
A 10cm3 of 3.30X10^-2 moldm^-3 aluminium chloride solution
B 20cm3 of 5.00X10^-2 moldm^-3 calcium chloride solution
C 30cm3 of 3.30X10^-2 moldm^-3 hydrochloric acid
D 40cm3 of 2.50X10^-2 moldm^-3 sodium chloride solution

work out the moles of each solution first, by doing moles= conc x vol. Then multiply that value by the number of chloride ions in the compound.
work out the moles of each solution first, by doing moles= conc x vol. Then multiply that value by the number of chloride ions in the compound.

Okay, thank you so much! What's the reason behind multiplying the moles by the number of molecules of chloride ions there are?
Original post by angellll
Okay, thank you so much! What's the reason behind multiplying the moles by the number of molecules of chloride ions there are?

well lets say you have 1 mole of CaCl2 (Calcium chloride). That means there are 6.02 x 10^23 molecules of CaCl2. So therefore to have that many molecules, then you need to have 2 lots of chloride, and 1 lot of calcium. Understand?
Does anyone have any paper 1 core practical notes I could have? My teacher thinks there's gonna be a few questions on them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ben_urwinator
Does anyone have any paper 1 core practical notes I could have? My teacher thinks there's gonna be a few questions on them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No but I'll be doing them the night before.
I guess my main weakness is in questions not specifically about chemistry theory (such as questions on experiments, data, errors, etc) i'm not always sure what they want as the answer. Topic 1,2,3,4,5 are all fine for me. I may have to revise the core practicals in this section though.

Interesting... I advise you spend more time practicing past papers to get used to the questions, also examiner reports are useful to look at because you will know what the examiner is looking for in your answer to get the full marks. Lastly, avoid marking papers yourself because like me I'm to generous with myself so i let someone else mark it. Do we need to revise the core practicals for the first paper? I thought it was only the second paper?
No but I'll be doing them the night before.

Could you put them on here when you do them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interesting... I advise you spend more time practicing past papers to get used to the questions, also examiner reports are useful to look at because you will know what the examiner is looking for in your answer to get the full marks. Lastly, avoid marking papers yourself because like me I'm to generous with myself so i let someone else mark it. Do we need to revise the core practicals for the first paper? I thought it was only the second paper?

I've done all the past papers. I don't know if core practicals are even on any of the papers, I'm just going to revise it to be safe.

Could you put them on here when you do them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure will probably be wednesday night.

You need the three that are not on organic chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've done notes on all the questions I didn't get full marks in, let me know if they would be of use to anyone. And if someone else has done the same please put them on here:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've done notes on all the questions I didn't get full marks in, let me know if they would be of use to anyone. And if someone else has done the same please put them on here:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean the questions from the spec papers?
Reply 37

yeah that would help me too.
Hi, does anyone have any sort of glossary for the new spec? there seems to be a lot of definitions. Cheers.

No I've been doing questions from the old spec past papers on the topics that are in the new spec, I'm going to do some specimen paper notes on Wednesday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest