The Student Room Group

Wjec of mice of men and poetry exam

Anyone please tell me everything about the exam how many questions and what theyre all going to ask and any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by Nozzle16
Anyone please tell me everything about the exam how many questions and what theyre all going to ask and any advice?

Well, I remember taking this exam last year and unfortunately 'guessing' poetry questions are impossible. They can ask you on anything, but remember that the examiners are looking for your creativity and your justifications. If you interpret the poem in a dissimilar way to your friends for instance and can explain your opinions clearly which seems logical, then you will be awarded with marks.

Of Mice and Men can be predictable. Last year they included Candy as a character to be analysed, so this year they may focus on the characters that have not come up previously. I wouldn't trust too much on the main characters. Perhaps Curley?
Reply 2
Original post by oni176
Well, I remember taking this exam last year and unfortunately 'guessing' poetry questions are impossible. They can ask you on anything, but remember that the examiners are looking for your creativity and your justifications. If you interpret the poem in a dissimilar way to your friends for instance and can explain your opinions clearly which seems logical, then you will be awarded with marks.

Of Mice and Men can be predictable. Last year they included Candy as a character to be analysed, so this year they may focus on the characters that have not come up previously. I wouldn't trust too much on the main characters. Perhaps Curley?

ahh okay thanks! You know for question one with the extract have you got any tips?
Reply 3
Original post by Nozzle16
ahh okay thanks! You know for question one with the extract have you got any tips?

For the extract question, always;
-Make a point
- Use evidence (providing evidence is very important, you'll have to remember the quotations)
- Explain your point and link it back to the question
- Include different interpretations, different perspectives to gain the higher marks. If you follow this pattern with a detailed explanation along with picking language features, you should do fine.
Anyone have a prediction of what character might come up and do you think it's worth learning the themes if you've revised all the characters

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by oni176
For the extract question, always;
-Make a point
- Use evidence (providing evidence is very important, you'll have to remember the quotations)
- Explain your point and link it back to the question
- Include different interpretations, different perspectives to gain the higher marks. If you follow this pattern with a detailed explanation along with picking language features, you should do fine.

Okay thats great many thanks :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Sarahhabibx
Anyone have a prediction of what character might come up and do you think it's worth learning the themes if you've revised all the characters

Posted from TSR Mobile

Slim is quite likely to come up, and yes but not in large detail

Quick Reply

Latest