The Student Room Group

Have you ever been robbed?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jamesthehustler
1. had a half ounce curb bracelet stolen OFF OF MY WRIST while i slept that i got for my 18th birthday(unrecovered)
2. had a stock safe stolen from me with £15,000 of uninsured stock in it (recovered)

My parents had about £4000 in cash taken from their bedside table while they were sleeping. I didn't hear a thing, I was in the next room cleaning my rifle (NOT a euphemism, it wasn't that part of the night. :P). He never came into my room, we didn't even know we'd been robbed until we went to pay for dinner that night and all the cash was gone from my parents' wallets. Explains how the cat got out. Lucky escape for him, but also possibly a lucky escape for me too, knowing how complex the law is.
My runescape account was hacked
keyloggers pls
You must be well rich
I feel so poor now.
No. But my mum has. The police in this country are stupid. Or maybe I'm just making an example of one particular case. Response times need to be faster.
Original post by khana123
No. But my mum has. The police in this country are stupid. Or maybe I'm just making an example of one particular case. Response times need to be faster.

Most if tsr would agree that our policemen and police women do a fantastic job, and we have the best police force in the world.

They're not paid enough for the service that they provide us, as citizens.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Most if tsr would agree that our policemen and police women do a fantastic job, and we have the best police force in the world.

They're not paid enough for the service that they provide us, as citizens.

Agreed. My boyfriend's dad works with the police and he says that they're understaffed, underpaid and lacking the resources they need to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. Gvt cuts have taken a lot out of policing.

Anyway, in comparison with the cops in America I'd say our policemen and women are incredible.
Original post by XMaramena
My parents had about £4000 in cash taken from their bedside table while they were sleeping. I didn't hear a thing, I was in the next room cleaning my rifle (NOT a euphemism, it wasn't that part of the night. :P). He never came into my room, we didn't even know we'd been robbed until we went to pay for dinner that night and all the cash was gone from my parents' wallets. Explains how the cat got out. Lucky escape for him, but also possibly a lucky escape for me too, knowing how complex the law is.

i know who committed my first one unfortunately it impossible to secure a conviction the second will secure a conviction as the crooks were caught red handed
your's went unprosecuted by the sounds of things
been robbed at gun point before
Reply 29
Original post by jamesthehustler
i know who committed my first one unfortunately it impossible to secure a conviction the second will secure a conviction as the crooks were caught red handed
your's went unprosecuted by the sounds of things

Oh yeah never found him. Came in, went out, right past my door without me even noticing. There was AC installed throughout the house which I suppose makes it harder to hear things from outside when the fans are blowing all night long.
deep :-(
Reply 31
Nope :biggrin:

Original post by ForestShadow
x

you are the dankest memester *___*
Yes, gold jewellery and car and still haven't found either of them. The robbery took place two years ago :frown::mad:
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes, 2 years ago. Me and my mum went to drop my brother off at his tuition session (took 30-45 mins), when we came back the whole house was upside down and they stole so much. Money, my mums gold, my iPod -_- but they took so much money, wherever it was laying about. They even broke into my piggy bank :cry2:

It was horrible, my whole space had been invaded. I felt really violated.
Original post by xmaramena
my parents had about £4000 in cash taken from their bedside table while they were sleeping. I didn't hear a thing, i was in the next room cleaning my rifle (not a euphemism, it wasn't that part of the night. :tongue:). He never came into my room, we didn't even know we'd been robbed until we went to pay for dinner that night and all the cash was gone from my parents' wallets. Explains how the cat got out. Lucky escape for him, but also possibly a lucky escape for me too, knowing how complex the law is.

hahahahahahahhhahahahahahhahahha
Had my phone stolen in my 1st week of uni by a teenager by the uni library, they knocked me backwards and punch my nose so gave up the phone for my own safeties sake, didnt end up in hospital or anything so could have been worse.
My mum's motorbike was stolen from the front garden years ago. A couple of weeks ago someone tried to break in through our back garden, even though they could see all of the lights were on downstairs, but when someone went to the kitchen window they ran. They did leave a garden fork in the back garden, neatly propped up against the fence, strangely enough. Left it outside in the alley but they haven't been back to get it haha.
Reply 37
Twice. I remember it vividly, even now...

Bootham Crescent, 2013. Play off Semi-Final day.

Matt Green got sent off after a handball that WAS NOT HIS FAULT.

We lost the second leg because of that. Minstermen, I dare you to reveal yourselves to me in person because I will hunt you down and kill you.

The second time was worse:

The FA Cup, Field Mill this time, also 2013. I still have the programme. We were drawn against Liverpool, to say the atmosphere was electric would be an understatement - the line for tickets led us into the reception, through the changing rooms, out the tunnel, round the pitch, and back to the ticket office - nobody was missing this game.

We sat and watched as the likes of Jonjo Shelvey and Martin Skrtel cut our team to pieces, with one Daniel Sturridge scoring an absolute scorcher - his first competitive for Liverpool, one of many times he has 'ridden the wave' for club and country today - and prepared for damage limitation style defence. It did not come.

What we instead witnessed was a revitalised, powerful and THREATENING attacking display from Louis Briscoe and that man Matt Green causing the defence so many problems Rodgers had to bring out the big guns. The big, buck toothed, dirty, vile, cheating, evil, Uruguayan guns. That's when it happened.

The handball was evident, that goal should never have stood. But of course, it did. Did heads drop? I'll be honest - mine did.

One head that certainly didn't drop was MATT ****ING GREEN. He was the hero that day, scoring from the set piece like the ball had MAGNETS in it, a real display of skill as Daniel played the ball in and it was turned into the net. The scousers were worried now, you could see it, the nerves from Louis Suarez caused by an ex-postman, a fat man from Kettering and a big black slab of a man called Exodus. Mostly the latter.

But there wasn't enough time for any more. Louis Suarez will go down as one of the most hated men in Midlands football. And when I say go down, I meant six feet. His actions cost us an FA Cup replay we could've won, but more importantly fuelled my hatred and distrust for Scousers AND Latin Americans to this day.
Original post by z33
Nope :biggrin:

you are the dankest memester *___*

Reply 39
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
hahahahahahahhhahahahahahhahahha

Quick Reply