The Student Room Group

WJEC Language 2016 official prediction thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by jade_on_tsr
Hmmmmm maybe, it would be a very nice question if so

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope it comes up. I have been preparing for the question - I've been making mind maps and all that? Do you think a question on Linda, Mrs Lyons or Mrs Johnstone will come up.

Any ideas of theme questions. Do you think a question on the changing relationship of two characters will come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMAM George or slim
Reply 62
Does anyone know what essay questions might come up for Heroes and An Inspector Calls?
Does anyone have any notes or other revision resources for either Of mice and men, a Christmas carol or a view from the bridge? Also, how does everyone approach unseen poetry? I really struggle to find the meaning of the poem
Original post by bmagcse2016
I'm studying the exact same literature texts and my teacher usually predicts correctly the themes and characters which might come up.
For omom, we are predicting a George and Lennie (friendship) essay or possibly a slim essay (possibly linked to the theme of justice or violence).
For a Christmas Carol, we have predicted something along the lines of christmas and religion .
For blood brothers, we have a feelings that there might be a possible question on the narrator or sammy or the theme of Marilyn Monroe.

For your writing exam, I think there might be formal letter and an informal letter. There hasn't be an informal letter for a few years, I think. There is always a formal writing task in this exam, so a report could also be a possibility.

Hope this can be of some help.

what would we write about justice?
Can someone explain the historical context for OMAM?
Thanks
Original post by Nozzle16
what would we write about justice?

How is slim violent ?
Original post by nisha.sri
How is slim violent ?

he isnt haha
Original post by Nozzle16
he isnt haha

ikr but the person above said that you could talk about slim - violence and justice
Original post by nisha.sri
ikr but the person above said that you could talk about slim - violence and justice

ohh i see sorry haha thats what i was thinking too :/
Original post by HiruniG
Does anybody have any predictions for avftb, to kill a mockingbird or pride and prejudice for monday and friday next week?

Beatrice, Rodolfo also do you have any quotes for Beatrice
"When am i gonna be a wife again"
"Be yourself more" (to Catherine)
"I want you to be happy" (to Eddie)
"She gives Eddie a cold look" *stage directions*
"Avoids his gaze" *stage directions*
"You want something else and you can never have her" (to Eddie)
Original post by HarryGCSE
"When am i gonna be a wife again"
"Be yourself more" (to Catherine)
"I want you to be happy" (to Eddie)
"She gives Eddie a cold look" *stage directions*
"Avoids his gaze" *stage directions*
"You want something else and you can never have her" (to Eddie)

Do you have explanations to those ?
Reply 73
i don't think curleys wife will come up as she was on the CA.
Reply 74
Original post by jaspooni18
i don't think curleys wife will come up as she was on the CA.

That's a good point. However, I have learnt to expect the unexpected in exams. But if it did come up, it will be a breeze! There might be a question on how women are represented in the story, in which case, we can discuss the characters if aunt Clara, suzy's place and Curley's Wife.
(edited 7 years ago)
If anyone is doing An Inspector Calls for WJEC can they please help me on Eric or Gerald? I find them so hard to write about. And George for OMAM please!
Original post by Amulya
Does anyone know what essay questions might come up for Heroes and An Inspector Calls?

My teacher predicts for heroes it will be: Larry, innocence or betrayal
And for AIC: Gerald, Sheila, class or men
Reply 77
Original post by alyxgower
If anyone is doing An Inspector Calls for WJEC can they please help me on Eric or Gerald? I find them so hard to write about. And George for OMAM please!

I don't study Inspector calls. However, Check out Mr Salles English teacher playlists on YouTube. He has some good analysis of the characters and A grade essay examples.
Reply 78
Original post by Willls
Does anyone have an idea of what will come up for Unit 2? (Lord of the flies & A View from the Bridge)

I'm studying a view from the bridge and lord of the flies..

Not sure about a view from the bridge but my english teacher reckons that Jack or Simon may come up for lord of the flies..
Reply 79
Does anyone think Alfieri would come up in A View from the Bridge? In WJEC.. If so, does anyone have any important quotes for him or why he's important?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending