The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by annat321
Would the exam board do a full question on whit or carlson for OMAM? i don't know whether to revise them fully or not?

The full questions tend to allow you to open up to the whole novel, so no as they rarely feature.
Reply 461
Yes, my teacher thinks Curley, either the passage where he first comes in to meet G&L or where he gets his hand crushed by Lennie. Also heard that it could be on Candy?

For AIC, I'm hoping that social class comes up, tension or social responsibility? then my teacher has predicted Sheila for a character!
What grade are you aiming for?

I am aiming for at least an A but my teacher is confident and hopes I get an A*. What about you? :smile:
How do you get full SPAG marks on the paper? thanks.
Reply 463
Original post by ellamoon_22
Me (i love the play its interesting and easy to remember quotes:biggrin:)

i acctually dont really like it , i find it quite hard to find good solid points and to analyse
Original post by itsalx
The full questions tend to allow you to open up to the whole novel, so no as they rarely feature.

That's what I was thinking, thanks.
Original post by itsalx
I am aiming for at least an A but my teacher is confident and hopes I get an A*. What about you? :smile:

Exactly the same here, I am really hoping for an A* as I'm taking English Lit for A level! How did your coursework go?
Im doing Mice and Men, inspector calls and the poetry cluster character and voice. Im gonna wake up tomorrow and cram but for now i have to do maths bc I'm **** at it.Um tbh I'm just dreading english bc poems make no sense to me like how tf are we supposed to know that dark galloping is a symbol of blah blah so unseen is a bit scary...um preparation probably watch lots of videos re read the book watch the movie goodluck all xoxooxxoxoxoxoxooxoxxooxoxoxoxoxoxox
Reply 467
Exactly the same here, I am really hoping for an A* as I'm taking English Lit for A level! How did your coursework go?

I got an A* in my coursework :smile:! You?
Anyone know the exam weightings, coursework to exam?
Out of interest why are people predicting Sheila? Hasn't she come up twice in the past five years? When did she last come up? Inspector hasn't come up in the past five am I right? Also do people think there is any chance of age coming up as a theme in AIS? It's never come up before and I didn't really know it was a theme but bitesize etc claim it's a theme? Thanks:smile:
Anyone else doing The Crucible? Any predictions for what theme/character will come up?
Original post by Revathyvk
Im doing Mice and Men, inspector calls and the poetry cluster character and voice. Im gonna wake up tomorrow and cram but for now i have to do maths bc I'm **** at it.Um tbh I'm just dreading english bc poems make no sense to me like how tf are we supposed to know that dark galloping is a symbol of blah blah so unseen is a bit scary...um preparation probably watch lots of videos re read the book watch the movie goodluck all xoxooxxoxoxoxoxooxoxxooxoxoxoxoxoxox

I'm pretty good at poetry (I'm predicted an A* on the poetry paper) so I'd be more than happy to help you!
Original post by itsalx
I got an A* in my coursework :smile:! You?
Anyone know the exam weightings, coursework to exam?

Well done! I got an A* too, so hopefully we can both also get them in the real exam! It's 25% c/a and 75% exam. I'm not sure how the texts exam and poetry exam divide into that 75%? My only guess would be 40% texts, 35% poetry? Does anyone know?
Reply 472
Anyone else doing kindertransport and OMAM? Also,what are hte predictions for these two?
What are the key things I need to do to get an A* in Of mice and men and Short stories??
For OMAM everyone is saying it will be Curley/Candy. I don't disagree with that but I just feel like part b is more likely to be a theme (i.e. american dream/lonliness/masculinity). My teacher thinks it might be relationships but that's stupid because it came up in 2014
(edited 7 years ago)
Any predictions for conflict poetry? And any tips for revising poetry?
Original post by Mizz.Unicorn
Hi is anyone else really stuck on The crucible. I have no idea how to revise!! I am freaking out I need an A*!! Anyone have any tips?

Hey I'm doing The Crucible too! Right now i'm just doing a plan of 4 points with quotations for each character as I will probably do the character question. Just look over some sample answers and practise writing paragraphs in timed conditions. Do you have any predictions for what will come up?
Original post by georgie0c
Any predictions for conflict poetry? And any tips for revising poetry?

Poppies
Charge of the light b
Falling Leaves
Futility
Belfast Confetti

This teacher at my school predicted these and he has always got one right every year. Fingers crossed he gets one/two of these right this year :wink:
Original post by Ella_08
Poppies
Charge of the light b
Falling Leaves
Futility
Belfast Confetti

This teacher at my school predicted these and he has always got one right every year. Fingers crossed he gets one/two of these right this year :wink:

Thank you! I am fairly confident with most of those so I hope he's right!
Original post by thatonepunkguy
I studied Character and Voice but if it's any help, I could show you a comparison I did to give you an idea of how to go about structuring an answer?

Also to revise I do just that, practicing comparing poems and having a go at unseen poetry questions. I also try to brush up on the key themes of each poem .

hiya,
could you please post/ send me your comparison as I'm doing character and voice too and find it hard to do the comparisons.
thanks in advance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending