The Student Room Group

2016 AQA English Literature predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by CaptErin
Yeah me too, but I keep thinking that they can't because they both have about 2 or 3 lines, so what can you really write about them?

That is true. They did include supporting characters previously like Rebecca Nurse and Giles Corey though. But since it's apparently the last exam (idk what my teacher meant by this) they may use old questions or feature a character we've never seen (Danforth). So hopefully, Danforth should come up this year.

I will genuinely scream if I see Cheever / Hathorne / Herrick / The Girls on the paper
Original post by shado.
That is true. They did include supporting characters previously like Rebecca Nurse and Giles Corey though. But since it's apparently the last exam (idk what my teacher meant by this) they may use old questions or feature a character we've never seen (Danforth). So hopefully, Danforth should come up this year.

I will genuinely scream if I see Cheever / Hathorne / Herrick / The Girls on the paper

Ugh me too, scream, cry, rip up the paper :L
I didn't realise Danforth had never been - I'm now going to prep myself up for a question on him! I wouldn't mind Giles because there's a bit to say about him but Rebecca!? I'd just blurble about the Putnams for half a paper... :/

I think they're changing the syllabus for next year so all of the current books - The Crucible, An Inspector Calls, Of Mice and Men etc - are being replaced by more British heritage books apparently, so this is their last chance to write a really horrible question on The Crucible.
Reply 22
Anyone have any predictions for journey's end??
Original post by elliemayanne
Hi all. I am revising everything obviously but does anyone have any particular questions that they think are likely to come up? Thanks

(GCSE)

I do TKAM too, do you think Dill or Cal will come in? And what could you really say about the characters or what part of the extract?
Original post by GCSEstudentt
I seriously hope so, I swear if it's on Slim or Carlson I will cry lol

We've been taught alot on Slim and Curley, but absolutely nothing on Carlson. Really hope it doesn't come up.
Original post by elliemayanne
Hi all. I am revising everything obviously but does anyone have any particular questions that they think are likely to come up? Thanks

(GCSE)

The Boss is probably going to come up this year for OF Mice and Men as they have never asked about The Boss. AQA Have been really silent about about the Boss so I think its Coming up this year.
i took my exam in January and I was doing OMAM and AIC. My question for OMAM was who do I think is the weakest character in my opinion? For AIC it was to talk about Mrs Birlings relationships with the other characters. So it's most likely that these two won't come up. They do ask you two questions for each and you chose one but I have forgotten what the other ones were
Reply 27
Some predictions:
OMAM: Hopes/dreams and Candy.
AIC: The Inspector, social responsibility, Gerald and the contrast of Eric and Arthur.
People are forgetting that its not only characters- yeah they've used characters for almost all past papers- but if you look at the 2016 specimen paper (which i recommend you have a go at before Monday)- its a question on the bunkhouse and ranch workers in general. we also cant forget , every question has an extract, making Carlson pretty much impossible to come up- he only has a few lines when the dog dies, and the last line of the novela.
Original post by cantstudyhungry
People are forgetting that its not only characters- yeah they've used characters for almost all past papers- but if you look at the 2016 specimen paper (which i recommend you have a go at before Monday)- its a question on the bunkhouse and ranch workers in general. we also cant forget , every question has an extract, making Carlson pretty much impossible to come up- he only has a few lines when the dog dies, and the last line of the novela.

Can you send the link for the specimen paper,
Original post by ameenatariq
Can you send the link for the specimen paper,

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-9715-SPAM-2014.PDF

The Higher paper starts on page 55
Original post by Merin123
OMAM - Carlson and Curley
CHARACTER AND VOICE - ?????????????????????
DNA - ?????????????????????????

I'm also doing OMAM and DNA! How are you revising DNA? I'm finding it hard as there's no revision guide available.
Original post by shado.
Our english teachers reckon Danforth is going to come up as the character question for The Crucible

thanks for the suggestion, good luck in your exam
Original post by cantstudyhungry

Does that mean gerald and responsibility will not be on this years paper?
I'm doing Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls :smile:

OMAM: I could be wrong but I don't believe that the fight scene between Curley and Lennie has previously been used and so, if not, that's certainly a thought. I have no idea about the 2nd question, though.

AIC: Eric or Gerald? Or perhaps something to do with relationships between characters (Sheila and Mrs B/ Gerald could work quite well)
Reply 35
Original post by Tom1699
Some predictions:
OMAM: Hopes/dreams and Candy.
AIC: The Inspector, social responsibility, Gerald and the contrast of Eric and Arthur.

People in my class are confused on whether the Inspector has came up before, do you have any idea if he did? (Just assuming since you mentioned it)
Original post by 11BThornton
We've been taught alot on Slim and Curley, but absolutely nothing on Carlson. Really hope it doesn't come up.

Can you give me a few points/quotes on Slim and Curley please? :smile:
Original post by KomradeKorbyn
I'm also doing OMAM and DNA! How are you revising DNA? I'm finding it hard as there's no revision guide available.

Im doing DNA aswell! This link here ( http://revisionworld.com/gcse-revision/english-literature/dna-dennis-kelly/characters ) has the revision notes on each character in the book.

Just for a warning I think Richard,Cathy or Adam is coming up for DNA This year as they havent asked those charcters yet
Original post by rihana.c
For An Inspector Calls people are saying most likely Shelia for the character question

foundation or higher

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending