The Student Room Group

Why do Muslims put less emphasis/value on fitness/exercise (especially with girls?)

And i'm not coming from a place of bashing, i'm speaking from first hand experience.

My parents seriously frown at me/think weirdly of me if I say i'm going to the gym and plan on losing weight/toning up.

Even within the world of work, the idea of being a personal trainer or anything related to sports is frowned upon with muslims.

Why is this the case?
Reply 2
yes. just for the lols
I don't think that's true. Many Muslims are heavily invested into fitness.

Sometimes to the point where it can get annoying... but whatever floats their boats

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Mainly due to culture as i doubt Islam forbids working out, actually i believe it encourages you to look after your body and keep it healthy.
Its more about culture than religion.
this has nothing to do with islam lol are you seriously implying that ALL muslims are fat and unhealthy? and that you don't know ANY muslims who go to the gym? just delete this thread
Original post by Anonymous
And i'm not coming from a place of bashing, i'm speaking from first hand experience.

My parents seriously frown at me/think weirdly of me if I say i'm going to the gym and plan on losing weight/toning up.

Even within the world of work, the idea of being a personal trainer or anything related to sports is frowned upon with muslims.

Why is this the case?

this is cultural not religion mate and trust me when parents say that i think they mean u casn lose weight in the house by doing chores as u are running about and also when u pray 5 times a day u can lose weight as it is alos like an excersie so personally i think u r now exaggerating just like u do on all your other threads
Original post by Kash24411
Mainly due to culture as i doubt Islam forbids working out, actually i believe it encourages you to look after your body and keep it healthy.

thank u atleast some1 finally understands and also when u pray 5 times a day u r loosing weight also islam encourages to be healthy so that you can worship allah this is encouraging not decouraging thanks mate atleast u understand unlike other people who always exaggerate

Why is this the case?

idk loads of muslim boys I know go to the gym

I want to but my parents don't let me, I'm a girl. They don't directly say no they just literally don't give me any way or means of letting me go. It's annoying.
this has nothing to do with islam lol are you seriously implying that ALL muslims are fat and unhealthy? and that you don't know ANY muslims who go to the gym? just delete this thread

atleast 7/10 women I see in abayas are fat though lmfao

stfu
My parents and I 100% believe in staying fit and healthy so I don't know where the correlation has come from.

thats completely not true and you said women obviously becuase after they have child they autamatically have that fat and what has this got to do with parents not letting girls going to the gym and there are styles of the abaya which makes it look fat but isnt
As others have said, it's believing that it's culturally wrong or maybe for girls it's working out in front of men?

My family is the opposite...my mother and father go to the gym, my dad also does swimming, my sister does yoga/gymnastics and my brother does taekwondo...I used to play tennis too...
lol maybe its just the area you live in?
My mum goes and I would aswell if I wasn't lazy AF:colonhash:
Your just going to the gym at the wrong time bruv. Most of us are there 3/4am fukin deadlifting, chin ups the full works fam. Islam is about struggle so there is am obvious goal to push ourselves to the absolute fukin physical limit ygm
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending