The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA1 (Resit students- old spec)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by oliviasinclair
yeah i put something along those lines too!! so hopefully

I think the four features alone will be enough to satisfy 2 marks. How do you think the boundaries will be for this exam? I think they'll be like JUNE13 boundaries personally!
Original post by NHM
I think the four features alone will be enough to satisfy 2 marks. How do you think the boundaries will be for this exam? I think they'll be like JUNE13 boundaries personally!

what were the june12 boundaries like?
Original post by NHM
I put something like "an interview method used to enhance memory recall, there are four key features context restatement, recall in reverse order, recall everything and recall from a changed perspective" - looking at the actual definition I wasn't far off, that should get me the full marks...

yeah i put the names of the stages but didnt explain them tbh
Original post by NHM

49/72 was june 2013 i reckon it could be lower
53/72 was an A in 2012
Reply 44
Original post by hardyweinberg
49/72 was june 2013 i reckon it could be lower
53/72 was an A in 2012

Yeah I feel like it'll be around that... It was a hard paper not going to lie and I revised so much for it as well!
Reply 45
Original post by hardyweinberg
yeah i put the names of the stages but didnt explain them tbh

They didn't need explaining cause it was only 2 marks :-)
Reply 46
Original post by oliviasinclair
what were the june12 boundaries like?

Low haha.
Original post by NHM
They didn't need explaining cause it was only 2 marks :-)

hey there how did you find the exam? i thought it was okay tbh. i just wanted to ask, you know for strength for working model i wrote it doesn't depend on rehearsing to remember things and for multi-store model i wrote it could be easily tested to see if it applies to human behaviour, is that right? what did you write for them?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by noey123
hey there how did you find the exam? i thought it was okay tbh. i just wanted to ask, you know for strength for working model i wrote it doesn't depend on rehearsing to remember things and for multi-store model i wrote it could be easily tested to see if it applies to human behaviour, is that right? what did you write for them?

I don't think the strength of the WMM would get you any marks-
For multi store model I put functional distinction is the greatest evidence for sepeate STM and LTM stores eg: Clive wearing
For WMM I put it is supported by the case study of KF. KF was involved in a motor accident which impatient his verbal memory but left his visual memory intact supporting the WMM proposal of multiple STM stores and parallel processing. :-)

I found the exam hard tbh- memory was ok and attachment, research methods were just a joke..
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 49
What did everyone put for that aim question btw?
well I'm pleased I am not the only one who didn't enjoy that exam. Our school had a fire beforehand so none of our class had the chance to read through our notes just before and we had to be relocated to another school - talk about being stressed out!
Reply 51
Original post by doconnor646
well I'm pleased I am not the only one who didn't enjoy that exam. Our school had a fire beforehand so none of our class had the chance to read through our notes just before and we had to be relocated to another school - talk about being stressed out!

Wasn't the best exam was it! The fact AQA even has the cheek to ask about some research methods questions they did on that paper!
Does anyone know what this would average out as if I got:
a, b, d, c in the units.

A-PSYA1
B-PSYA2
D-PSYA3
C-PSYA4

Overall grade-?
Reply 53
Original post by Georginarosee
Does anyone know what this would average out as if I got:
a, b, d, c in the units.

A-PSYA1
B-PSYA2
D-PSYA3
C-PSYA4

Overall grade-?

A-80 UMS
B-70 UMS
D-50 UMS
C-60 UMS

Total - 260 UMS (C)

Unit 3 only requires 11/24 on each question for a C.. If you revise I'm sure you'll do well :smile:
Original post by NHM
A-80 UMS
B-70 UMS
D-50 UMS
C-60 UMS

Total - 260 UMS (C)

Unit 3 only requires 11/24 on each question for a C.. If you revise I'm sure you'll do well :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by Georginarosee
Thank you :smile:

What PSYA3 topics are you studying? There's a site called Loopa which is good for essays etc :-)
Original post by NHM
What PSYA3 topics are you studying? There's a site called Loopa which is good for essays etc :-)

I've already done PSYA3. I did it last year and got a D (middle d). My topics were aggression, sleeping and intelligence.
I'm resitting PSYA1, PSYA2 and PSYA4.

Looked at loopa and bought some of his essays. Hopefully I will get a good grade this time. :smile: Thanks.
Reply 57
I thought it was quite difficult on reflection. When I came out I felt quite confident but the more I think about it, the more things I'm thinking of what I could've improved on.

Hated the research methods, was more like A2 style questions than AS. I was happy with memory (LOVED the 8 marker on EWT and evaluation of cognitive interview) and majority of attachement (I thought the learning theory question was worded very weirdly though!), wasn't a fan of the 12 marker. Even though I had prepared for institutionalisation, my essay didn't read very well when I read it back over so I'm not sure. Hopefully got at least 8 marks.
I got an E last year (even though I thought I had done really well- School refused to remark it cos I was too many UMS off a D, even though I was actually disputing the whole grade and thought I should've got a C)
Been getting A's on mocks, even on some of the harder papers with lower boundaries (just in sometimes though!) so I hope I get an A or a very high B as I need a B overall this year to get into uni.
Reply 58
Original post by Bevin
I thought it was quite difficult on reflection. When I came out I felt quite confident but the more I think about it, the more things I'm thinking of what I could've improved on.

Hated the research methods, was more like A2 style questions than AS. I was happy with memory (LOVED the 8 marker on EWT and evaluation of cognitive interview) and majority of attachement (I thought the learning theory question was worded very weirdly though!), wasn't a fan of the 12 marker. Even though I had prepared for institutionalisation, my essay didn't read very well when I read it back over so I'm not sure. Hopefully got at least 8 marks.
I got an E last year (even though I thought I had done really well- School refused to remark it cos I was too many UMS off a D, even though I was actually disputing the whole grade and thought I should've got a C)
Been getting A's on mocks, even on some of the harder papers with lower boundaries (just in sometimes though!) so I hope I get an A or a very high B as I need a B overall this year to get into uni.

Agreed with the research methods! and the learning theory question... It was poorly worded!

Reckon the boundaries for this exam will be something like:
A-48
B-44
C-40
D-36
E-32
Obviously depends how everyone else did but just a guess going on the questions asked!
Reply 59
Original post by NHM
Agreed with the research methods! and the learning theory question... It was poorly worded!

Reckon the boundaries for this exam will be something like:
A-48
B-44
C-40
D-36
E-32
Obviously depends how everyone else did but just a guess going on the questions asked!

Yeah I did the 2012? May have have been the 2013 paper as a mock while revising and the grade boundaries were around that I believe, I got an A in that paper so hopefully it'll be similiar :smile:

It's crazy that last year you needed 58 to get an A :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending