The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georgie0c
Thank you! I am fairly confident with most of those so I hope he's right!

Same but i bet he'll be right. It's really good that you're confident with those poems, just make sure you know a few points for the remaining poems :smile:
Original post by Ella_08
For OMAM everyone is saying it will be Curley/Candy. I don't disagree with that but I just feel like part b is more likely to be a theme (i.e. american dream/lonliness/masculinity). My teacher thinks it might be relationships but that's stupid because it came up in 2014

The passage could be about Candy and then ask about the way the weak are struck out in society e.g. Candy's dog, the pups, Lennie's death, the mice and even Candy himself. Not sure, just a thought because I'm not sure if they've done a question like this. As for Candy could be a passage involving him and then a question about power and authority?
Are you sure there has been anything on shooting?
I agree, I think it could be Candy and his dog, Curley or Lennies death

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MA28613
The passage could be about Candy and then ask about the way the weak are struck out in society e.g. Candy's dog, the pups, Lennie's death, the mice and even Candy himself. Not sure, just a thought because I'm not sure if they've done a question like this. As for Candy could be a passage involving him and then a question about power and authority?

That's literally the best prediction i've heard so far. Even if it isn't Candy they might do that technique. I am praying for Candy! They did ask about "importance" in 2013 but maybe those themes could come up. UUh this is stressing me out so much because there's no real way of knowing. Last year it was brutality and no one would have ever guessed that :/
whos doing of mice and men & inspector calls and conflict poems?
How are you guys revising this weekend to prepare for the exam Monday?
how r u revising for omaam
Hi everyone. I have a bit random of a random question: I am allowed to use a computer for my English exams. When I have finished my essay, should I delete my plan (which I will also do on the word document) or leave it? Thanks and good luck! :h:
Original post by annat321
Hi, would someone please be able to help me! i've been revising the themes for Of Mice And Men today, and have found a really good piece of analysis that I will use, however I can't decide with theme it goes under? I am thinking destiny, although I'm wondering whether it would also fit under loneliness?? good luck everyone with the exam on monday, this is the quote -

'A water snake glided smoothly up the pool, twisting its periscope head from side to side; and it swam the length of the pool and came to the legs of a motionless heron that stood in the shallows. A silent head and beak lanced down and plucked it out by the head, and the beak swallowed the little snake while its tail waved frantically.'

It is from the imagery at the start of chapter six!
i think that was link in with the theme of fate, and how the snake could represent the ranch workers trying to escape their fate of loneliness and escape their doom.
is anyone doing short stories and tkam? :smile:
What context do you think we need to know for To Kill A Mockingbird?
Any LOTF predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone is doing short stories, relationships the predictions are 'On seeing the 100% perfect...", 'My Polish Teacher's Tie' and 'Something Old Something New'. '100%' never came up before. And is likely to be on thoughts and feelings! Because that question hasn't been asked for a while either.

Anyone have any mockingbird predictions?
Original post by suhaislam
I'm studying 'An Inspector Calls' and 'Of Mice and Men'. I'm studying the 'relationship cluster'.

What's a good way to remember the information about the poetry clusters.

im doing all the same! are you ready?? what do you think may come up
Original post by Ollie Moseley
whos doing of mice and men & inspector calls and conflict poems?

I am. How is your revision going for it?:smile:

Jim Crow Laws, Scottsboro trials, racism in the 30s, gender roles/sexism in the 30s, The Great Depression.
(edited 7 years ago)

they are likely to ask the attitudes of maycomb county towards the black society. So focus on different aspects like prejudice, education, the era of depression, segregation, racism etc.
I'm worried about timing!! How am I supposed to fit 4 good essays in the matter of an hour and 30 minutes?? two on short stories and two on mockingbird?? does anyone have tips :frown:
Reply 499
Original post by Pepsi Cola :)
Hi everyone. I have a bit random of a random question: I am allowed to use a computer for my English exams. When I have finished my essay, should I delete my plan (which I will also do on the word document) or leave it? Thanks and good luck! :h:

You don't get marks for your plan so I would delete it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending