The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Hi, my teacher said the "setting" extract and "candy" extract has not come up yet but I don't know what extract she is talking about. Does anyone know? - This is OMAM
Original post by Ella_08
That's literally the best prediction i've heard so far. Even if it isn't Candy they might do that technique. I am praying for Candy! They did ask about "importance" in 2013 but maybe those themes could come up. UUh this is stressing me out so much because there's no real way of knowing. Last year it was brutality and no one would have ever guessed that :/

What points and quotes would you use for candy?
me too!! I realised like last week yet here I am still stressing :frown:(( honestly 20 minutes to fit language structure and form + context consistently in 4 essays I'm freaking out
I just realised most past mockingbird q's have been focused on male characters like Atticus, Boo Radley, tom robinson, and Dolphus Raymond. I have a weird feeling it's going to be Calpurnia and the church scene or Aunt Alexandra and Scout scene, maybe even the killing of tim johnson the dog in which miss maudie is! Those are my predictions
Reply 504
I made a quizlet of the terminology most favoured by the examiners in mark schemes. They're pretty obvious but are easy to forget
My English teacher has told us to focus on the following for unit 1:

AIC: Sheila/Gerald, .....
TKAM: Atticus, attitudes to Maycomb
Original post by Smidge_midge
My English teacher has told us to focus on the following for unit 1:

AIC: Sheila/Gerald, .....
TKAM: Atticus, attitudes to Maycomb

I'm doing AIC and TKAMB aswell.
Original post by starstudent7
I am. How is your revision going for it?:smile:

not bad thanks been listening to poppies haha, hows yours :smile:
Original post by guy321
I'm doing AIC and TKAMB aswell.

Has your teacher given you predictions?
Original post by Smidge_midge
Has your teacher given you predictions?

Cant remember
How would you write about form and structure in the OMAM question?
Original post by Ollie Moseley
not bad thanks been listening to poppies haha, hows yours :smile:

Good, I just did 4 hours of continuous English literature revision. How's yours?
good thanks, what you been revising? :smile:
OMAM, AIC, and the Relationships poems

Currently I'm not very confident as my mocks have been in a wild range, though I think I can probably get a decent grade

For Poetry, Brothers, To His Coy Mistress, and In Paris With You haven't come up yet, so it's a good idea to look at one of them
I'm doing: Of Mice and Men, An Inspector Calls and the Character and Voice cluster.

I'm using Mr Salles and Mr Bruff for revision
I prefer Mr Salles, he goes into more detail
Guys, can you give me useful resources for the conflict cluster poetry exam like; model answers, analysis - like where can i get there.it would be helpful
Original post by joseph9299
Guys, can you give me useful resources for the conflict cluster poetry exam like; model answers, analysis - like where can i get there.it would be helpful

I did Character and Voice but would you still find a practice question I did helpful for a model?
Reply 518
hey ^^
doing OMAM, Relationship Poems and Under Milk Wood, which nobody else seems to be doing ? haha
I've heard the prediction of violence coming up a lot for OMAM, along with Curley and how the women are presented in the novel c:
Original post by JoshuaE
I made a quizlet of the terminology most favoured by the examiners in mark schemes. They're pretty obvious but are easy to forget

What is this terminology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending