The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AliRizzo
Honestly, Arsenal piss me off more than the next person, but why aren't they a top club? They are certainly top ten in Europe, and you would be pretty stupid to try and argue otherwise. Your logic is pretty idiotic anyway, a player cannot have good potential/be of top quality if he isn't at Bayern, Madrid or Barca? Because those are the elite clubs, anything else is a massive step down. Those clubs don't have an unlimited roster if you hadn't already realised, they can't spot and tap up every talent in the world.

I think you forgot to log onto your other account btw.

No history of major European honours, and they don't currently compete for major honours (league titles, european titles)

To be top 10 in Europe, then surely at some point they would have to show they can best a team in the last 16 of the CL.

If a player was top quality, then surely atleast one club that competes for major honours would be in for him: Bayern, Madrid, Barca, Dortmund, Chelsea, United, City, PSG, Atleti, Juve etc.

Honestly, by building such a nice stadium, Arsenal have tricked you in to believing they are a bigger club than they actually are. People have mistaken commercial revenues for being a big club- it's not the same.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by swirly
No history of major European honours, and they don't currently compete for major honours (league titles, european titles)

To be top 10 in Europe, then surely at some point they would have to show they can best a team in the last 16 of the CL.

If a player was top quality, then surely atleast one club that competes for major honours would be in for him: Bayern, Madrid, Barca, Dortmund, Chelsea, United, City, PSG, Atleti, Juve etc.

Honestly, by building such a nice stadium, Arsenal have tricked you in to believing they are a bigger club than they actually are.

Didn't think you could be capable of filling a post with so much bull but you've managed to outdo yourself.

How are Dortmund competing for major honours? Please explain. Are LFC, MUFC, CFC in better positions than Arsenal right now? No, in fact I think you'll find none of those clubs have an opportunity of winning the CL next season and have all finished below Arsenal (barring Chelsea, the other two are making a habit of it now) so GTFO here with that rubbish. United can easily come back up the pecking order due to their huge wealth but that's about it. PSG play in a one team league and always put on a poor show in Europe.

Juve and Atletico are the only clubs in that list, barring the big three which I already mentioned, which are probably more attractive destinations to a player wanting to have a successful career.
At the very least... We've been past the group stages for the last 13 odd years which puts us even higher.

We're probably 12th or 13th right now
Yeah Arsenal are the 6th most attractive club in the world, lmao
Original post by difeo

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463848639.813419.jpg
Didn't think you could be capable of filling a post with so much bull but you've managed to outdo yourself.

How are Dortmund competing for major honours? Please explain. Are LFC, MUFC, CFC in better positions than Arsenal right now? No, in fact I think you'll find none of those clubs have an opportunity of winning the CL next season and have all finished below Arsenal (barring Chelsea, the other two are making a habit of it now) so GTFO here with that rubbish. United can easily come back up the pecking order due to their huge wealth but that's about it. PSG play in a one team league and always put on a poor show in Europe.

Juve and Atletico are the only clubs in that list, barring the big three which I already mentioned, which are probably more attractive destinations to a player wanting to have a successful career.

The Dortmund thats been to CL finals and won Bundesliga titles in recent years? That the one that doesn't compete for major honours? They actually compete, we just roll over for anyone. Even the Monaco manager said it, everyone knows how to make Arsenal roll over.

LFC are irrelevant. Never called them a top club.

MUFC. LVG has the squad performing well under potential. The raw potential is there, within 1-2 years they can be competing for major honours. Plus, its not even up for debate, they're a bigger club than us, they're the biggest club in the country ffs.

CFC. Had a freak season. Will obviously be competing for major honours next season. Always put up a fight in the CL, and dont roll over like us.

PSG are so poor in Europe they go out to heavyweights like Barca and Bayern. That one? We roll over for Monaco ffs.
Original post by difeo

But if Giroud is sold that'll probably be adjusted down to 15th or 16th...
Honestly, Arsenal piss me off more than the next person, but why aren't they a top club? They are certainly top ten in Europe, and you would be pretty stupid to try and argue otherwise. Your logic is pretty idiotic anyway, a player cannot have good potential/be of top quality if he isn't at Bayern, Madrid or Barca? Because those are the elite clubs, anything else is a massive step down. Those clubs don't have an unlimited roster if you hadn't already realised, they can't spot and tap up every talent in the world.

Top 10?

Please stop posting. You are legit the most deluded Arsenal fan I've seen on here, and that's over the likes of Zurich ffs
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Top 10?

Please stop posting. You are legit the most deluded Arsenal fan I've seen on here, and that's over the likes of Zurich ffs

You'd be pretty stupid to argue otherwise
Original post by difeo
You'd be pretty stupid to argue otherwise

Wrong account therefore your rustling attempt can't be judged as anything more than an abject failure.
Wrong account therefore your rustling attempt can't be judged as anything more than an abject failure.

I was quoting Rizzo you nonce
Original post by difeo
I was quoting Rizzo you nonce

Yet you quoted me.

Nonce.
Yet you quoted me.

Nonce.

strong ****ing comprehension

Clearly I was TSR quoting you, I was also """"quoting"""" Rizzo
If we're going to bring in "many" players this summer, we'll be out of the title race by November.
Original post by difeo
strong ****ing comprehension

Clearly I was TSR quoting you, I was also """"quoting"""" Rizzo

His post was on the last page, you could have gone back another page (that's assuming your pikey dial-up can do so), quote the original post, and avoid this unfortunate argumentative situation (for which you are to blame) from ever occurring.
His post was on the last page, you could have gone back another page (that's assuming your pikey dial-up can do so), quote the original post, and avoid this unfortunate argumentative situation (for which you are to blame) from ever occurring.

Tbh I was hoping you'd misunderstand so I could call you a nonce
Original post by swirly
The Dortmund thats been to CL finals and won Bundesliga titles in recent years? That the one that doesn't compete for major honours? They actually compete, we just roll over for anyone. Even the Monaco manager said it, everyone knows how to make Arsenal roll over.

LFC are irrelevant. Never called them a top club.

MUFC. LVG has the squad performing well under potential. The raw potential is there, within 1-2 years they can be competing for major honours. Plus, its not even up for debate, they're a bigger club than us, they're the biggest club in the country ffs.

CFC. Had a freak season. Will obviously be competing for major honours next season. Always put up a fight in the CL, and dont roll over like us.

PSG are so poor in Europe they go out to heavyweights like Barca and Bayern. That one? We roll over for Monaco ffs.

4 years ago isn't recent. 4 years ago Milan were relevant, now they're a complete nothing club. The next few years will cement Bayern's position as the only relevant club in Germany whilst Dortmund continue to sell their best players to their rivals and fall of the relevance scale.

No one said MUFC aren't the biggest club in the country, but right now they're no nearer to competing for major honours than Arsenal are. Fact.

Big clubs don't have freak seasons and end up finishing 10th.

PSG go out to the same clubs we do. Barca and Bayern. Monaco was the exception, not the norm.
Top 10?

Your post is of no value until you actually make a relevant contribution and name the top clubs ahead of Arsenal instead of posting GIFs you nonce.
Original post by Lúcio
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463848639.813419.jpg

Oh, you're back. Klopp's done pretty well to f*ck up not one but TWO finals in his first season, wouldn't you agree?
4 years ago isn't recent. 4 years ago Milan were relevant, now they're a complete nothing club.

so why did you bring up 13 years ago as if that's recent and relevant

At the very least... We've been past the group stages for the last 13 odd years which puts us even higher.

Latest