The Student Room Group

Trading work experience?

Hi. I'm looking to work in trading at a bank or in research or investment management when I'm older. Right now, I have offers from a target to study economics.

I was wondering about where I should look at getting work experience in trading/research/investment management from? I didn't know about the insight days at banks so didn't do them. Are there still any small trading or investment firms in London that might accept Year 13s? Even if it's just menial work, I'll do it if I can shadow someone lol.
Original post by biglad2k16
Hi. I'm looking to work in trading at a bank or in research or investment management when I'm older. Right now, I have offers from a target to study economics.

I was wondering about where I should look at getting work experience in trading/research/investment management from? I didn't know about the insight days at banks so didn't do them. Are there still any small trading or investment firms in London that might accept Year 13s? Even if it's just menial work, I'll do it if I can shadow someone lol.

Get on the phones, get on linkedin and start email bashing. There are a multitude number of prop trading houses, banks and investment managers around London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Princepieman
Get on the phones, get on linkedin and start email bashing. There are a multitude number of prop trading houses, banks and investment managers around London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't exactly get ad hoc trading work experience at a bank though.
Original post by Trapz99
You can't exactly get ad hoc trading work experience at a bank though.

You can shadow people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Princepieman
You can shadow people

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? I didn't know that. Wow
Original post by Trapz99
Really? I didn't know that. Wow

why you getting rude for? simmer down
so like do you earn bare money as a trader? Mans good at maths as well so like whats the salary like? Can i pay the bail for my bredrin as a trader?
Reply 7
Original post by roadmanchasin£££
so like do you earn bare money as a trader? Mans good at maths as well so like whats the salary like? Can i pay the bail for my bredrin as a trader?

Yeah it's bare money you can buy twleve lambos and a ton of kush, The salary is peng as well. You can bail out all the mandem if you go into trading innit fam.
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah it's bare money you can buy twleve lambos and a ton of kush, The salary is peng as well. You can bail out all the mandem if you go into trading innit fam.

aite bless up g, needed to hear that. So what is it like? You sit in a computer like 'ill give you 600kg of weed, you give me 1 tonne of ciroc apple'?
Reply 9
Original post by roadmanchasin£££
aite bless up g, needed to hear that. So what is it like? You sit in a computer like 'ill give you 600kg of weed, you give me 1 tonne of ciroc apple'?

yeah exactly like that g
Original post by Trapz99
yeah exactly like that g

aite kl roll safe yh
too much cringe in one thread..
Original post by Daniel9998
too much cringe in one thread..

dont ever indirect me again or ill knock you out
ok
Reply 14
This was no ****ing help at all but damn was it a good laugh 😂

Quick Reply