The Student Room Group

Thoughts about business studies unit 1 exam on wednesday 25th may

How do u guys feel about the unit 1 business studies edexcel exam on this wednesday?
Am i the only one doing it no one seems to be talking about it

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maryam_Alayha14
How do u guys feel about the unit 1 business studies edexcel exam on this wednesday?
Am i the only one doing it no one seems to be talking about it

I'm doing it aswell, quite nervous as we'll need 39-40 to secure an A*. Are you doing unit 5 aswell?
Original post by Blaze3211
I'm doing it aswell, quite nervous as we'll need 39-40 to secure an A*. Are you doing unit 5 aswell?

Isnt it 38 to get an A*

No im only doing unit 3 and unit 1.
Are u doing Edexcel Business
Isnt it 38 to get an A*

No im only doing unit 3 and unit 1.
Are u doing Edexcel Business

It fluctuates around 38. I'm doing Edexcel Business & Economics.
It fluctuates around 38. I'm doing Edexcel Business & Economics.

Ok.

Is this the type of exam ur doing?

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Business/2009/Exam%20materials/5BS01_01_que_20110527.pdf
It's multiple choice, we'll be fine :smile: I know it's hard to get that A* in this one, but with a solid controlled assessment and decent marks in Unit 3, we should be good :smile:

Although, I'm not doing Unit 5 either, so I don't know what that's like at all, but everyone doing Unit 5 will probably be fine too- nobody panic, because that's how things will go awry!!!
Yep, thats the one.

Im glad were on the same level. What grades have u been getting so far in Business
Original post by Robinin
It's multiple choice, we'll be fine :smile: I know it's hard to get that A* in this one, but with a solid controlled assessment and decent marks in Unit 3, we should be good :smile:

Although, I'm not doing Unit 5 either, so I don't know what that's like at all, but everyone doing Unit 5 will probably be fine too- nobody panic, because that's how things will go awry!!!

Yeh but Edexcel have said themselves that just because its multiple choice it doesnt mean its easy as past students with this type of atitude to the exam failed. but the thing is MULTIPLE CHOICE of the business exam isnt that hard u just need to focus
Im glad were on the same level. What grades have u been getting so far in Business

I typically get 39-40, however we still need to be vigilant as these tests are getting harder.
I typically get 39-40, however we still need to be vigilant as these tests are getting harder.

Yh true. How have u been taught to prepare for these type of exams by your business teacher? And if u dont mind me asking which school do u go to
i'm very nervous, i think i'll not pass in business specially in unit 2 :frown:
I hope i get an A*. I will be over the moon if i do. Man all it takes is hard work!! We can all do it so guys GOOD LUCK!
And continue studying cos theres like 4 days left.....
Reply 13
It's tick boxes. Relax dude
Original post by Jakir
It's tick boxes. Relax dude

Not really, just cos its multiple choice doesnt mean it sounds easy.
Reply 15
Most people at our school normally get 100% tbh, it's not too difficult
Yeh but Edexcel have said themselves that just because its multiple choice it doesnt mean its easy as past students with this type of atitude to the exam failed. but the thing is MULTIPLE CHOICE of the business exam isnt that hard u just need to focus

I know, that's why I said it's hard to get an A* in it :P But fretting about it won't solve anything either, just revise and do your best :smile:
Original post by Jakir
Most people at our school normally get 100% tbh, it's not too difficult

thats good. which school do u go
Reply 18
thats good. which school do u go

Alexandra Park School in North London
Original post by Jakir
Alexandra Park School in North London

Oh cool never heard of it

Quick Reply

Latest