The Student Room Group

Resitting (how does it work)

Hi all

So next week I am resitting product design and my questions is, will my better grade be the one used. So If I get a lower grade this year, will the better one which I got last year be the one used or whatever grade that I obtain now will be used?

Thanks in advance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Whatever grade you get will be your grade whether its better or not
Original post by Taypen
Whatever grade you get will be your grade whether its better or not

Only improved grades will be used

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by nerdling_CompSci
Only improved grades will be used

Posted from TSR Mobile

i thought it was just that grade
Reply 4
Yeah i thought it was the new grade as well?
I believe the better grade is used.
It's possible that it isn't the same for every subject, but for all the subjects I've ever done your better grade is used!
Reply 7
Just the new one. My brother got one off an A in his English lit, he resat it and got a D, and he had to stick with that D grade
Reply 8
Does anyone know like with product design? Im doing WJEC. I really hope its the better grade.
Original post by Bolterixus
Does anyone know like with product design? Im doing WJEC. I really hope its the better grade.

I can't seem to find anything online about WJEC product design, but from what I can see most if not all exam boards will take your highest grade if you retake. I think you should just ask your teacher!
Hi all

So next week I am resitting product design and my questions is, will my better grade be the one used. So If I get a lower grade this year, will the better one which I got last year be the one used or whatever grade that I obtain now will be used?

Thanks in advance

Say in the original exam you got a D and in the re-sit you get an A* the A* would count, if you got lower than a D then you would keep the D
"When you have finished taking all the units required by a subject specification, the best marks you got for each unit were 'cashed-in' (or 'aggregated') to give you an overall grade. Your old school will have requested that cash-in for you automatically. When you retake units and want to get a new and improved grade, you simply get the college you retake with to ask for a new cash-in. When that happens, the exam board will issue you with a new grade based on the best results you've got for all the units taken, irrespective of when you took them."

Found this on http://www.cife . org.uk/article/faqs-about-a-level-retakes/
Reply 12
I had recieved 1 mark from an A last year. so say I get a C. I will keep the B. That would be great.
Reply 13
So many different views, which one is correct though :frown:
Reply 14
It depends for A level it's whichever grade is best :-)

GCSE on the other hand it's the new grade that counts?
Reply 15
It would be odd if it would be different to the way that they do in A level.
Reply 16
It would be odd if it would be different to the way that they do in A level.

I don't know :-( all I know is that you keep the highest grade
I had recieved 1 mark from an A last year. so say I get a C. I will keep the B. That would be great.

How did you go from B to C

Posted from TSR Mobile
WJEC keeps your highest grade (trust me, I'm doing WJEC for every subject)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by nerdling_CompSci
How did you go from B to C

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didnt go from a B to a C. I was saying that if I would get a C in the resit. Will I keep the B which I received last year or will I get that C.

Quick Reply

Latest