The Student Room Group

Vanilla Aims for A*s at GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I'm_infires
, the chemistry and physics papers' grade boundaries are lower than biology

Hehe, it's normally bio which has the lowest grade boundaries (which exam board are you on?), and I think chem has the highest

In a B456 paper we did in class, it was 58% for A* #madness #notcomplaining

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
Hehe, it's normally bio which has the lowest grade boundaries (which exam board are you on?), and I think chem has the highest

In a B456 paper we did in class, it was 58% for A* #madness #notcomplaining

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing OCR Gateway (same as you I think) and yeah I thought biology had the lowest grade boundaries (cause I am worst at Bio but always seem to get A's at least :tongue: I don't know how cause I know JACK **** about bio) but today my teacher said bio had the highest but she might have got it wrong.
Original post by I'm_infires
(cause I am worst at Bio but always seem to get A's at least :tongue: I don't know how cause I know JACK **** about bio)

LOL this is so me, bio is pretty easy in comparison to the other sciences but B3 is terrible ughhh

I have done nothing these past couple of days so with nearly two weeks until my first exam I will attempt to be more productive

. P123 paper, wanting a secure A*
. revise C1 and do some questions on it
. I say Cold War every time but don't do it
. compare some of my answers in the econ mock to the exemplar ones we got, and do a few questions to improve structure ('logical links' :rolleyes: )
. start P6 flashcards aka what the actual hell am I doing

. P123 paper, wanting a secure A*
. revise C1 and do some questions on it
. I say Cold War every time but don't do it
. compare some of my answers in the econ mock to the exemplar ones we got, and do a few questions to improve structure ('logical links' :rolleyes: )
. start P6 flashcards aka what the actual hell am I doing

Update!
. 55/75 or something like that, A* relatively secure so I'm happy but my performance on the six mark questions is shocking
. school gave us a revision pack and I did a few questions in it, surprising how much I remember
. don't really count this but I read a few pages of the textbook to familiarise myself. I feel like I'll be cramming history when the time comes but ah well
. made corrections to my mock, really want an A* in econ and it's pretty much my structure letting me down
. I hate P6 with a passion. Took me a good 15 minutes to understand what the textbook meant with regards to potential dividers and transistors; I don't want it to be me memorising it without understanding (do this a lot for bio) because I'm taking physics next year :/
RS is in nine days fml

What I'm going to do today:
. lots and lots and lots of chem revision, it's normally the easiest science but I've been putting it off
. finish the P6 flashcards I was supposed to do 372782716 days ago
. start learning unit 8 section 2, environmental and medical issues
. maybe cry at how close exams are
. I got a snazzy history revision guide so I'm going to do some stuff on Cold War

Original post by ForestShadow

Thank so much! Good luck to you too (if you have any exams of course :tongue: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Managed to get most of the stuff done that I wanted so fairly happy
Today I will:
. learn C2 and continue the past paper I'm doing (did the C1 questions yesterday)
. learn about addition polymerisation and answer the six mark question on it (only skimmed over it yesterday)
. do an RS unit 2 paper
. start making B6 flashcards

I also want to do some English language papers and get my teacher to mark them but it's probably better to do that during study leave, exam isn't until after half term
Managed to get most of the stuff done that I wanted so fairly happy
Today I will:
. learn C2 and continue the past paper I'm doing (did the C1 questions yesterday)
. learn about addition polymerisation and answer the six mark question on it (only skimmed over it yesterday)
. do an RS unit 2 paper
. start making B6 flashcards

I also want to do some English language papers and get my teacher to mark them but it's probably better to do that during study leave, exam isn't until after half term

. managed to learn all of C2 but the stuff on volcanoes and tectonic plates is pretty hard to remember so I'll go over that again tomorrow, or maybe before bed if I can find the recordings I made for mocks
. did the addition polymerisation question but didn't mark it
. I really tried but it was sooo boring :colonhash: I'll definitely do at least one before the exam
. did B6a and B6b so that's a success, will do B6c and B6d tomorrow after school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Officially on study leave as of Wednesday afternoon :biggrin:

RS is on Monday and I'm feeling a bit meh about it, I can get an A* but I've been slacking a bit with revision so idek

Got our final predicted grades, and I'm predicted 8 A*s, 2 As (econ and computing) and A/A* in chemistry
I wanted around seven so that's quite nice, hilarious how my teacher thinks I can get A* in English language :awesome:
Computing I only need a high B to get A* so it should be okay. Econ is 100% exam so rip me lol
I need really high A*s in C123 and C456 to get an A* in chemistry after the disaster that was the controlled assessment which is seeming very unlikely at the moment
Started this thread around three months ago, oh how time flies...
Have RS Unit 2 today and I'm feeling iffy about it. Could be worse but I haven't done enough practice questions. Hopefully with the revision I do on the bus to school I'll be fine :biggrin:
Gl! English Language I find is the easier one of the two tbh becausae you do not need ot learn anything!

xD
(...)
Here's hoping I can achieve the grades I want :h:

By the look of your predcited grades, I would say you are headed in the right direction. Keep it up and I see no problems in achieving your grades.
Original post by Daniel Saleh
Gl! English Language I find is the easier one of the two tbh becausae you do not need ot learn anything!

xD

Tbh for lit I wing it a lot... language you just get something on the day and have to analyse presentation and stuff idek what counts as presentation

Original post by Kallisto
By the look of your predcited grades, I would say you are headed in the right direction. Keep it up and I see no problems in achieving your grades.

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
First week of exams somehow over wahay :colone:
RS Unit 2: meh, hope I got the A* but a few questions threw me completely
French: listening was weird, thinking about 32/40. Reading was much better but messed up a question so 39/40 most likely
RS Unit 8: dear oh dear I only just finished this one, thankfully I could answer many of the questions well so A* hopefully

I really haven't been using my study leave effectively oops

Next week I have:
Modern Drama and Prose from Different Cultures one after the other (Journey's End and OMAM) and I feel pretty confident with lit so I'm not gonna revise much
B123 I've done lots of revision but not enough past papers so that'll be my focus
Literary Heritage Prose and Poetry (LOTF and Heaney) is my better paper but I need to go over the analysis for 14 poems (not 15 because I'm not touching Wheels Within Wheels with a bargepole)
First week of exams somehow over wahay :colone:
RS Unit 2: meh, hope I got the A* but a few questions threw me completely
French: listening was weird, thinking about 32/40. Reading was much better but messed up a question so 39/40 most likely
RS Unit 8: dear oh dear I only just finished this one, thankfully I could answer many of the questions well so A* hopefully

I really haven't been using my study leave effectively oops

Next week I have:
Modern Drama and Prose from Different Cultures one after the other (Journey's End and OMAM) and I feel pretty confident with lit so I'm not gonna revise much
B123 I've done lots of revision but not enough past papers so that'll be my focus
Literary Heritage Prose and Poetry (LOTF and Heaney) is my better paper but I need to go over the analysis for 14 poems (not 15 because I'm not touching Wheels Within Wheels with a bargepole)

Do you have any notes for OMAM or LOTF
Original post by Himtiaz
Do you have any notes for OMAM or LOTF

PM me your email address and I'll send you some resources I have

Posted from TSR Mobile
PM me your email address and I'll send you some resources I have

Posted from TSR Mobile

[email protected]
TSR standards......
Good luck in your GCSE's :tongue:
(...)

Thank you!

You are welcome! apart from your goal, ahieving A*'s, what are your plans for your future?

Quick Reply

Latest