The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Physical Education - Unit 1: Theory - Friday 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I can't seem to access my UMS stuff, but I got 45/50 what would you say I need for an A*?

My teachers said 76/80 though I'm not sure
Reply 141
I personally liked the paper this year and felt confident when doing it. The 6 mark questions were really nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Razmatazz14
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I can't seem to access my UMS stuff, but I got 45/50 what would you say I need for an A*?

My teachers said 76/80 though I'm not sure

You won't know how many UMS points your mark of 45 gets you until the grade boundaries have been set at an awarding meeting in August. Last year 45/50 got you 96/120 UMS. This year it may or may not get you this depending on whether the grade boundary for an A in the practical stays at 45.

If it does then you have 96/120 UMS. To get an A* overall you need 180/200 UMS. You can't get 180/200 UMS as the maximum you can get is 80/80 UMS from the exam and this would give you 176/200 UMS (i.e. an A grade).

However if the grade boundary for an A grade in the practical is 44/50 a mark of 45 would get you a slightly higher UMS out of 120 depending on where the A* boundary is set (over 100 UMS). So then it may be possible to get an A* with a high mark on the exam.
Original post by theaceman
Scrap the above post - I was referring to Ollie Moseley's question, not yours.

How many marks out of 50 did you get in your practical and I'll work out the exact number of marks you need based on last year's grade boundaries?

If im honest with you I honestly don't know ?? I thought the practical was out of 40, and coursework out of 20?
I got 20/20 on coursework and 33/40 on practical (she lowed my mark because I couldn't take part in the swimming that day -.- lolllll) 🤔😂
Original post by bethanyjx
If im honest with you I honestly don't know ?? I thought the practical was out of 40, and coursework out of 20?
I got 20/20 on coursework and 33/40 on practical (she lowed my mark because I couldn't take part in the swimming that day -.- lolllll) 🤔😂

You are right, the coursework is out of 20, but what they do is halve the score (and round up if needed) and that is how you get a score out of 10, to be added to the 4 sports to make 50
I got 40/50 what do I need for a B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blueribbons99
I got 40/50 what do I need for a B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

From my teacher's reckonings, you'd need 48, but I wouldn't count on that being the absolute one
Original post by Razmatazz14
From my teacher's reckonings, you'd need 48, but I wouldn't count on that being the absolute one

Okay thank you so letsnjust say around the 50's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 148
Original post by blueribbons99
I wrote about cones and shuttle sprints do U think I'd get a mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I wrote about cone drills for agility and shuttle runs for the speed one

Quick Reply

Latest