The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Physical Education - Unit 1: Theory - Friday 20th May 2016

Edexcel GCSE Unit 1: The Theory of Physical Education

How is everyone doing? If anybody needs help, feel free to post. Discuss anything related to the exam and share ideas in this thread.

Course
60% Controlled Assessment
40% Theory Paper

Every year this paper seems to get progressively harder as it heads towards the new GCSEs.

Good Luck in the test and in revision!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm finding that the resource that i purchased (mypeexam.org) has been really useful and i have some excellent notes from it. Now im just working through the workbook and will get to past papers soon.

I'm worried about the wording of questions because i know they will try to catch us out but I guess we have to go through it.

Anyone else got useful revision tips?

Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Ads.m
I'm finding that the resource that i purchased (mypeexam.org) has been really useful and i have some excellent notes from it. Now im just working through the workbook and will get to past papers soon.

I'm worried about the wording of questions because i know they will try to catch us out but I guess we have to go through it.

Anyone else got useful revision tips?

Good luck.

I find that learning mnemonics and acronyms are very helpful for the exam
Reply 3
I'm doing the PE theory on Friday, and I have to get an A at least, so does anyone have predictions, and revision tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm revising by going through past papers because they are the closest thing to what we will get on Friday. Good luck everyone!
Anyone wanting to make any predictions for this exam?
Reply 6
Hi, whats your practical mark? this is 60% of the GCSE. Other than that make sure you learn your 6 mark question structure, as this is where most people loose their marks (national average is 2/6).
Also revise methods of training, and components of fitness (HRC and SFC) as they always come up. Check the Edexcel website for past papers and mark them
Maybe government initiatives and agencies
Reply 8
Any ideas on 6 markers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Bad feeling there will be a lot related to cv and respiratory system
Does anyone know any really good free revision resources? I feel like the book is not good enough. Also, what do you guys think would equate to an A*?
Original post by asd.987
Does anyone know any really good free revision resources? I feel like the book is not good enough. Also, what do you guys think would equate to an A*?

67 plus is prob an A*, A is probably 58 ish, B is prob 49
Can any one help me with how the like 60% is calculated?? I got 32/40 in the practical stuff and 15/20, I know it's not very good out how to got the mark put together /50??????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by henry10910

Do u know how the 60% is calculated??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blueribbons99
Can any one help me with how the like 60% is calculated?? I got 32/40 in the practical stuff and 15/20, I know it's not very good out how to got the mark put together /50??????

Posted from TSR Mobile

your on a strong B, if u get around 45 on the exam (C) you will get a b overall. goodluck g
Any predicted topics???????????????????????????????????????????????:s-smilie:
Original post by asd.987

website called www.eezipezi.co.uk

I heard that if you get less than 45 in the practical, there is no chance of an A* overall.
your on a strong B, if u get around 45 on the exam (C) you will get a b overall. goodluck g

Okay thank you do U know what my mark would be out of 50?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
With an A* in both controlled assessments, what would i need in the theory exam for an A/B?

Quick Reply

Latest