The Student Room Group

If you signed the "Ban Trump from the UK" petition: you're a moron.

That's a grand total of 585,896 of you. Give yourself a well deserved pat on the back.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114003

You know, over 71 years ago your fathers, mothers and forefathers fought to fend off the fascist scourge which threatened to take countrol of Europe. Almost a century down the line, however, over half a million of you utter dunces are demonstrating that very same totalitarianism - Benito is smiling at you :smile:.

Each and every single one of us, including Trump, is entitled to FREE SPEECH and FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION. Each time you sign that backward petition of yours, your grand dad is rolling in his grave and, for what it's worth, so are 60 million other bodies who fought for your freedom you ungreatful spunkhead.

Scroll to see replies

Nah.
Reply 2
Original post by 0to100
Nah.

What has Sodium Hydride got to do with this post?
I'm pretty sure many people signed it as a joke and did not genuinely believe he should be banned.
Original post by Legendary Quest
I'm pretty sure many people signed it as a joke and did not genuinely believe he should be banned.

If almost the same amount signed a petition to Obama to ban Bieber from US I'm sure these people against Trump meant serious business lol
Original post by Dodgypirate

It happens to have the same letters as my sentiments toward your crying
Reply 6
Original post by Legendary Quest

I expect it's a very small proportion.

That would be NaH

I'll show myself out :creep:
Saying that we should not express our desire to oppress freedom is an oppression of our freedom.
The very concept of 'Freedom' is overused, paradoxical, naive and only exists in the wilderness.
Reply 9
Original post by WhisperingTide
Saying that we should not express our desire to oppress freedom is an oppression of our freedom.
The very concept of 'Freedom' is overused, paradoxical, naive and only exists in the wilderness.

Freedom knows no limit.
Reply 10
Original post by edothero
That would be NaH

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. That was a big fail.
Original post by edothero
That would be NaH

Actually, it'd be NaOH.
Original post by Mona-S
Lol, I was thinking the same thing. That was a big fail.

Why don't you As yourself.
Original post by Thundershock
Actually, it'd be NaOH.

NaOH is Sodium Hydroxide though....

NaH is Sodium Hydride.
Actually, it'd be NaOH.

Isn't NaOH Sodium Hydroxide?
Reply 15
Actually, it'd be NaOH.

Lol that's sodium hydroxide :biggrin:
Peak TSR; academic debate at 2am. :lol:
Freedom knows no limit.

Freedom isn't a real thing in society; at least not in a blanket sense.
I'm not free to murder somebody. I'm not free to take food from a shop without paying. I'm not free to be naked. I'm not free to yell profanities in the street. Prisoners are not free to roam.

Like I said; trying to silence the people who claim that Trump should be banned from the UK is trying to restrict their freedom.

Also, under British Law, our Freedom of Speech IS limited.
It is illegal to threaten someone, verbally harass somebody, incite violence etc.
We also can't use it as a defence against copyright infringement, hate speech, inciting terrorism, etc.

'Freedom' is a buzzword that people tend to get hyped up over, without actually knowing how far your freedom as a British Citizen extends.
Nevertheless, I shall give my thoughts about this thread and go away

Whilst I do not agree with a majority of Donald Trump's 'ideas', he is entitled to share his opinions and thoughts as much as the next guy.
Creating a petition to ban him is just stupid, it goes against everything a democracy lives for. He has the freedom (again, just like the next guy) to share his ideas, how controversial those ideas may be.

Furthermore, I quite like the fact that Donald Trump speaks his mind, that way the country/opposition knows what they're up against. Better than someone lying to the public just to get the votes.

Though, people also have a right to create/sign a petition and present it to the government for debate/consideration. How ever controversial it may be :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
600k people hate freedom, people died for nothing, skeletons roll in graves. Sing the freedom song.
[video="youtube;KT2oAYGkB3c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT2oAYGkB3c[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending