The Student Room Group

Core 1 Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Guys when I looked through I think I got a high B very close to an A... what marks do I need to get to get an overall A for Statistics and C2?
Original post by kk5
Guys when I looked through I think I got a high B very close to an A... what marks do I need to get to get an overall A for Statistics and C2?

Very hard to say how many marks you need, as we don't know the grade boundaries, however a decent A (usually around 65 marks) in both c2 and s1 should be enough to get an A overall providing you have got a high b/ low A in c1.
Reply 182
Original post by limadima
People how did it go!!! I think i got like 40 marks :frown:

Id be lucky to even get that:frown: ive made so many silly mistakes and I'm just stressing now because I wanna do maths next year but I struggle a bit on C2, hopefully I can ace stats :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 183
Original post by TheProKi
Ffs, if you get a D in this what do you need in the other papers for an B overall, anyone?

did anyone get back to you on this?
Original post by tfsjgx

In fairness you could probably retake if you screwed up this badly :P
Reply 185
Original post by tfsjgx

To get an overall B in AS Maths, according to the grade boundaries for 2015:

You need total of 210 UMS across your 3 exams, if you got a D in C1, that means you got 50 UMS, which leaves you with 160, if you split 160 by 2, that means in the other 2 exams you have to get 80 UMS each, which is an A.

Take a look yourself and calculate yourself, to make sure,
grade boundaries: https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1506-A-level-Grade-Boundaries.pdf
Reply 186
Original post by TheProKi
Ffs, if you get a D in this what do you need in the other papers for an B overall, anyone?

To get an overall B in AS Maths, according to the grade boundaries for 2015:

You need total of 210 UMS across your 3 exams, if you got a D in C1, that means you got 50 UMS, which leaves you with 160, if you split 160 by 2, that means in the other 2 exams you have to get 80 UMS each, which is an A.

Take a look yourself and calculate yourself, to make sure,
grade boundaries: https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1506-A-level-Grade-Boundaries.pdf
Reply 187
Original post by KingFTw
In fairness you could probably retake if you screwed up this badly :P

Yeah I could, just need to atleast get a D overall which isn't so bad to resit next year (150 UMS, so three Ds atleast), just got to work my ass of in these next few days, but I have three weeks to revise purely for stats, what do you think I can get in it if I revise 2-3 hours a night most nights? I cant do every night as I work.
Original post by tfsjgx
Yeah I could, just need to atleast get a D overall which isn't so bad to resit next year (150 UMS, so three Ds atleast), just got to work my ass of in these next few days, but I have three weeks to revise purely for stats, what do you think I can get in it if I revise 2-3 hours a night most nights? I cant do every night as I work.

its entirely based on how hard you work when you work, and how effective you a\re W@HEN you work
Reply 189
Original post by tfsjgx
Id be lucky to even get that:frown: ive made so many silly mistakes and I'm just stressing now because I wanna do maths next year but I struggle a bit on C2, hopefully I can ace stats :frown:

As third module am doing S1 am really hoping to get close to full marks :smile:, but C2 is going absolute horrible. I can predict that haha,

Quick Reply

Latest