The Student Room Group

english literature of mice and men and animal farm - Monday 23rd

does anyone have any tips or anything for how to actually write the essays. Also i got a c in my coursework always I'm aiming for an A, any chance of me getting this?
Original post by GailEvans1
does anyone have any tips or anything for how to actually write the essays. Also i got a c in my coursework always I'm aiming for an A, any chance of me getting this?

What exam board are you on?
Reply 2
Original post by romansholiday
What exam board are you on?

edexcel. are you taking it?
edexcel. are you taking it?

Yeah, really don't know how to revise. I'm just briefly planning for each character on the 40 marker, because you have the choice between a character and a theme/idea I believe. Who do you think will come up?

Also, I recommend the examiners reports to see what the ideal answers look like, the Edexcel ones are really good.

(btw I'm not doing Animal Farm, I do Jekyll and Hyde...)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by romansholiday
Yeah, really don't know how to revise. I'm just briefly planning for each character on the 40 marker, because you have the choice between a character and a theme/idea I believe. Who do you think will come up?

Also, I recommend the examiners reports to see what the ideal answers look like, the Edexcel ones are really good.

ok I will look at that

these characters and themes have come up over the years
crooks/ lonlieness=2015
candy/ outsiders= 2014
george/ animals=2013
curlers wife/ settings=2013
curley/ dreams=2012
lennie/ anger=2012
crooks/ friendship=2011

really it could be any of them again. however slim has not ever come up?
ok I will look at that

crooks/ lonlieness=2015
candy/ outsiders= 2014
george/ animals=2013
curley/ dreams=2012
lennie/ anger=2012
crooks/ friendship=2011

Thank you! If they throw a really unfamiliar character at us i don't know what I'll do honestly :frown: I think it is still possible for you to get an A overall with your coursework, because cw is only a small proportion of your final grade for lit. Also, if tomorrow doesn't go too well, we have Friday to boost it up with the poetry.
Reply 6
ok I will look at that

crooks/ lonlieness=2015
candy/ outsiders= 2014
george/ animals=2013
curley/ dreams=2012
lennie/ anger=2012
crooks/ friendship=2011

Slim will be a good one if he does show up. In term of Power, Morality and Leadership there are many things you can say about him and how Steinbeck presents him as the conscience of the novel.
Original post by Raqped
Slim will be a good one if he does show up. In term of Power, Morality and Leadership there are many things you can say about him and how Steinbeck presents him as the conscience of the novel.

yasss he came up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending