The Student Room Group

Is anyone else scared for the English lit exam tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

I'm really scared :confused:

Anyone have a practice question on Danforth for the Crucible because i think there's a possibility he'll come up?
Original post by Knockingpoint
Anyone doing edexcel? What characters do you think may come up for OMAM And AIC

I'm doing edexcel for AIC it cannot be Mrs Birling and for OMAM it can't be Curley or Curleys wife
Reply 22
I'm doing Edexcel GCSE with Animal Farm and To Kill A Mockingbird
Original post by ElaArslan
I answered an exam question to time yesterday, read through the book a little bit, etc. Yesterday I focused on OMAM, today I'm going to focus on AIC by doing another exam question and reading through the play.. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna have to go early to recap cause I'm nervous af

Good luck, ill try following a similar method , and dont be nervous, im sure you'll do great
Reply 24
the iGCSE Edexcel June 2014 was 'Steinbeck presents Curley and Curley’s wife as the source of most of the troubleon the ranch.’ How far do you agree and the theme of disability
June 2015 was how Steinbeck presents Curley and the theme of death
January 2016 was 'who suffers the most' and the theme of authority
Original post by NiamhM1801
No Edexcel GCSE. Sorry for the confusion

Nah dont be sorry, i should've made it clear aha
Good luck, ill try following a similar method , and dont be nervous, im sure you'll do great

Good luck to you too:smile:, I hope everyone does great!
Original post by MattB_
the iGCSE Edexcel June 2014 was 'Steinbeck presents Curley and Curley’s wife as the source of most of the troubleon the ranch.’ How far do you agree and the theme of disability
June 2015 was how Steinbeck presents Curley and the theme of death
January 2016 was 'who suffers the most' and the theme of authority

Yes right, so Curley and possibly curley's wife are definitely not coming up this year
Reply 28
Yes right, so Curley and possibly curley's wife are definitely not coming up this year

You never know, a question on power or isolation could come up and so you could talk about her then.
Original post by ElaArslan
Good luck to you too:smile:, I hope everyone does great!

Thanks :biggrin:. What would you say about slim, was he fated to just be another ranch worker, despite the fact that he's presented as a 'prince' by Seinbeck?
Original post by emmald583
Sheila/Gerald are some predictions for AIC. There's also the chance that responsibility or time could come up since it's the last exam.

Yeah my teacher says it could be Sheila or Gerald for AIC
Original post by MattB_
You never know, a question on power or isolation could come up and so you could talk about her then.

I highly doubt isolation will come up, it's way too easy. The main themes of the play are Isolationism, Fate, Friendship and the Futility of the American dream
Original post by sheeplover
Yeah my teacher says it could be Sheila or Gerald for AIC

Or Edexcel would just want us to cry and they'll give us Mrs. Birling. She's never come up
Reply 33
Original post by khall16
I'm doing Edexcel GCSE with Animal Farm and To Kill A Mockingbird

Same, have you been given any predictions about what themes/characters might come up?

Just re-read both books again
Reply 34
Or Edexcel would just want us to cry and they'll give us Mrs. Birling. She's never come up

Mrs Birling came up in the january paper about her relationships with others
Original post by NiamhM1801
For OMAM I'm thinking Slim as he's never appeared before, but it could also be Curley, Curley's wife or George as they haven't appeared in a while either. Incredibly unlikely to be Crooks as he came up last year.

Can't help with AIC as I do Animal Farm instead :u:

who do you think will come up for animal farm?
Reply 36
Any ideas for pride and prejudice
will it always be a choice of a character or theme questions for omam? i have a feeling that there won't be a question on a character this year
Original post by esmeralda123
who do you think will come up for animal farm?

Animal farm is so much harder to predict due to the fact that they give you an extract.
However I think that there's a strong chance that Napoleon will come up, as it's been quite a while since he has. That'd be a nice exam tbh.
The other 2 question parts really depend on the extract that we're given tbh
Original post by esmeralda123
will it always be a choice of a character or theme questions for omam? i have a feeling that there won't be a question on a character this year

It's always been that way so far and I think that's the way it has to be so I doubt they'd change it without telling schools etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending