The Student Room Group

Edexcel economics unit 1 and 2 retakes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RhInO_bEaSt
How's everyone feeling for the unit 2 exam retake on Monday.

I'm feeling good, I'm getting 22/23 out of 25 on multiple choice, and I'm feeling good about the rest of the paper.:wink:

But theres no multiple choice in unit 2 :s-smilie:
Can someone please explain to me how trade union powers is a supply side policies?Thanks, please rep and follow me!
Original post by Rigster122

What exam board are you doing because on the AQA there is
Original post by Rigster122

sorry i just realised my in the wrong forum
Original post by RhInO_bEaSt
sorry i just realised my in the wrong forum

hahaha no worries!:biggrin:
Conflicts & Supply Side Policies will come up always does
A nice evaluation of government policies on macroeconomic policies would be great. Something such as the Jan 2012 paper context 1 Q4 concerning the effects of cuts in public expenditure on the economy. This would be especially apt as it is what the government are pursuing at he moment.
Reply 207
This exam is a big one for me. I messed up last year because of a mistake i made with the 30 marker. At the start i read both questions so i was thinking it through while writing however i somehow managed to get the questions mixed up. I ended up writing one 30 marker with the wrong type of policies that i had accidentally taken from the other question.

I was tired after having a physics exam that morning but it was still so frustrating when i started talking to people about the test and found out. This time im gonna really read the ****ing question.

I just want to be clear that the people talking about 20 markers are on the wrong thread right and that there hasnt been a 20 marker added to edexcel unit 2?
Original post by NEZZAR
This exam is a big one for me. I messed up last year because of a mistake i made with the 30 marker. At the start i read both questions so i was thinking it through while writing however i somehow managed to get the questions mixed up. I ended up writing one 30 marker with the wrong type of policies that i had accidentally taken from the other question.

I was tired after having a physics exam that morning but it was still so frustrating when i started talking to people about the test and found out. This time im gonna really read the ****ing question.

I just want to be clear that the people talking about 20 markers are on the wrong thread right and that there hasnt been a 20 marker added to edexcel unit 2?

Nope no 20 marker, I'm assuming they're talking about the AQA resit. This exam will be same format as last year (and those before).

Any ideas on what will come up? Need to know the topics to focus revision on...
Reply 209
Ive seen people suggesting inflation and monetary policy. If i were you i would revise exam technique. It is data response and you should know the basics.
Maybe go over definitions/key terms that you may have forgotten. Also remember that although the question might be worded strangely its usually just a way of asking for a textbook answer.
Original post by PhilipsCurve1234
Conflicts & Supply Side Policies will come up always does

Hopefully! those are good topics.
or the general policies questions where you can pick which ones to do, that would be good too.

Any idea on what the other questions could be?
Original post by NEZZAR
Ive seen people suggesting inflation and monetary policy. If i were you i would revise exam technique. It is data response and you should know the basics.
Maybe go over definitions/key terms that you may have forgotten. Also remember that although the question might be worded strangely its usually just a way of asking for a textbook answer.

Good points, thanks :smile:
How was it?
I did question 1, after I saw a question on HDI
Didn't know how I could a pass a 30 marker on increasing employment
Does anyone remember the question of the 30 marker on the first data response?
Original post by epic within
How was it?

Do you remember how the 30 marker was phrased on the first question? Was it about government policies or just macroeconomic?
How was it?

Did Q2, was pretty chill. 30 marker broke it into 3 bits speaking about how monetary policy affects consumers, the credit markets and firms. Threw in some real world examples. Didn't manage to finish an 8 marker properly but squeezed in time for the 12 and 16'ers. Overall a good paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amandabunn9
Do you remember how the 30 marker was phrased on the first question? Was it about government policies or just macroeconomic?

Something like government policies used to increase employment levels
Something like government policies used to increase employment levels

Oh is it ok if I wrote about monetary policies?
Oh is it ok if I wrote about monetary policies?

I started to write about monetary policy and then remembered that its independent so I just left it, idk if we would get marks for it
Does anyone remember the question of the 30 marker on the first data response?

yeah it was policies the government applies to increase employment rate. basically supply side and fiscal policies (this is for the retake of uni 2 economics edexcel)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending