The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Xenon_
I have 5. :frown:

Well good luck anyway, I hope you do well.
Original post by niv1234
Well good luck anyway, I hope you do well.

Thanks, you too.

What grade you aiming for? :-)
Original post by _Xenon_
Thanks, you too.

What grade you aiming for? :-)

I am predicted an a*, but I really don't think I will get that, I struggle with maths. What about you?
Original post by niv1234
I am predicted an a*, but I really don't think I will get that, I struggle with maths. What about you?

A grade B and I love maths. I'm expected to get an A though. :-)
Original post by _Xenon_
A grade B and I love maths. I'm expected to get an A though. :-)

How? I just don't understand maths:frown:
Hi guys, is there any preview of the 3h and 4h paper for this years summer examination??? For igcse
Hey, it's great to find others doing the same maths exam!
Are there any topics that anyone finds hard? I don't like the harder surds questions at all :frown:
Original post by niv1234
How? I just don't understand maths:frown:

I don't know, lol. I'm working at a lower grade than you and I love maths. I understand the tough topics but I don't think I've had good teachers in the past as several came and went. I've not done much past paper practice either so my grade isn't that amazing. I'm sure I'm capable of getting that grade A though and I'm working extremely hard from now until Thursday to ensure that. :-)

Is there any particular topics which you're struggling with? :smile:
Original post by Shaz7876
Hi guys, is there any preview of the 3h and 4h paper for this years summer examination??? For igcse

Hi

Do you mean a predicted paper for the Edexcel IGCSE maths exam? If so I don't there is one. However, there are loads of revision resources.

Good luck and let me know if you do come across something.

Thanks. :smile:
Original post by Macaronat
Are there any topics that anyone finds hard? I don't like the harder surds questions at all :frown:

I love the surds questions and algebra!

Circle Geometry is something I need to work on. What grade are you hoping for? :smile:

Good luck! :-)
Original post by _Xenon_
I don't know, lol. I'm working at a lower grade than you and I love maths. I understand the tough topics but I don't think I've had good teachers in the past as several came and went. I've not done much past paper practice either so my grade isn't that amazing. I'm sure I'm capable of getting that grade A though and I'm working extremely hard from now until Thursday to ensure that. :-)

Is there any particular topics which you're struggling with? :smile:

Our predicted grades are just based on some test we did last year, Yellis, I think it was called I don't really think its reliable.I normally just get as in practise papers I'd be happy if I managed to scrape an a*. I normally get stuck on the last quarter of the paper, I start doing the question and something happens then I just get stuck and don't know what to do then we go over it in class and I am just kicking myself because I have just made stupid mistakes. For example I often put the upper and lower bound in the wrong place :frown: . I also really don't understand composite functions or the longer vector questions.

I don't like those ones either :frown: . I don't know what I am doing when I do them alone then when we go over them together in class it seems so easy, I just can't do it.
Original post by _Xenon_
I love the surds questions and algebra!

Circle Geometry is something I need to work on. What grade are you hoping for? :smile:

Good luck! :-)

Well, I've been getting pretty secure A*s in the past papers and I think I understand all the topics, it's just remembering how to answer some of the strange questions that occasionally pop up...
Original post by akawais

Summer 2016 - IGCSE EDEXCEL MATHEMATICS EXAMS

Hey! I'm making this thread for all those sitting the two exams this summer (Paper 3H and Paper 4H). We are ever closer to starting our exams so I thought it would be a good idea to create this thread for those of us who are sitting this particular exam.

Specification attached.

:work: Important Dates :work:

Paper 3H - 26th May 2016 (AM)
Paper 4H - 9th June 2016 (AM)

Feel free to ask questions, have general discussions about the exam or the content as well as share any tips you have and the grades you're aiming for. :smile:

Good Luck! :thumbsup:
just hoping that the paper be easy and the grade boundaries lower!!!!
Original post by niv1234
Our predicted grades are just based on some test we did last year, Yellis, I think it was called I don't really think its reliable.I normally just get as in practise papers I'd be happy if I managed to scrape an a*. I normally get stuck on the last quarter of the paper, I start doing the question and something happens then I just get stuck and don't know what to do then we go over it in class and I am just kicking myself because I have just made stupid mistakes. For example I often put the upper and lower bound in the wrong place :frown: . I also really don't understand composite functions or the longer vector questions.

Oh OK. We did 'CAT tests' last year and it showed I had a much lower spatial awareness score than what would be expected. I'm not sure how reliable these tests are though and they tell you which subjects you're most likely to enjoy and which you're not. They also suggest grades you should expect and grades you could achieve 'if challenged'.

This website is very good for explaining some topics on the Edexcel IGCSE exam:
http://www.mathsaurus.com/compositions-of-functions.html

Let me know what you think and if you still don't understand let me know. :smile:
Well, I've been getting pretty secure A*s in the past papers and I think I understand all the topics, it's just remembering how to answer some of the strange questions that occasionally pop up...

Good luck!! :biggrin:
Original post by shahida sulaiman
just hoping that the paper be easy and the grade boundaries lower!!!!

Yup! I hope so. :smile:

Good luck.
Original post by _Xenon_
Oh OK. We did 'CAT tests' last year and it showed I had a much lower spatial awareness score than what would be expected. I'm not sure how reliable these tests are though and they tell you which subjects you're most likely to enjoy and which you're not. They also suggest grades you should expect and grades you could achieve 'if challenged'.

This website is very good for explaining some topics on the Edexcel IGCSE exam:
http://www.mathsaurus.com/compositions-of-functions.html

Let me know what you think and if you still don't understand let me know. :smile:

Thanks thats really helpful.
How do you think the grade boundaries will compare with past years?
I think that paper is going to be pretty hard as the IGCSE maths exams are getting harder year by year...

Quick Reply