The Student Room Group

What to do in London for a week

Hey guys,

I'm 16 and I'm going to london on my own this summer for a week for a summer school.

anyone got any ideas what to do as an u18 that would be even mildly fun?

I'm staying around Fitzrovia but I'm pretty handy with the tube so getting around shouldn't be a problem!

I wouldn't mind the idea of things for over 18s either if I could get in (I'm 5'8, have a huge beard and pretty muscly)

any ideas?

Scroll to see replies

The skate park at South Bank is still there, I believe
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
The skate park at South Bank is still there, I believe

yes it is i visited quite recently! seems like a cool place to relax in the evenings actually
It depends what you're interested in doing?
are you male or female ? :holmes:
Original post by the bear
are you male or female ? :holmes:

'big beard'

I mean if I had to guess I'd say female.
Original post by iMacJack
'big beard'

I mean if I had to guess I'd say female.

You trying to say females can't have beards hmmm? :unimpressed::tongue:
Original post by Tiger Rag
It depends what you're interested in doing?

I mean anything that'll keep me interested I guess, I know theres no point hoping for nightclubs etc, just something to keep me entertained!

EDIT: i cba with anonymous anymore, this is the real me hahaha
Original post by Namita Gurung
You trying to say females can't have beards hmmm? :unimpressed::tongue:

I've seen it happen before, safe to say I'm a male though
National Gallery is free and well worth visiting. Plenty to do in Covent Garden. You could go to the open air swimming pool by UAL at Kings Cross. Walk along the Thames or the Regents Canal.

London is your Oyster, as it were.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys,

I'm 16 and I'm going to london on my own this summer for a week for a summer school.

anyone got any ideas what to do as an u18 that would be even mildly fun?

I'm staying around Fitzrovia but I'm pretty handy with the tube so getting around shouldn't be a problem!

I wouldn't mind the idea of things for over 18s either if I could get in (I'm 5'8, have a huge beard and pretty muscly)

any ideas?

www.timeout.com/london/things-to-do/101-things-to-do-in-london

Camden Market; you can bulk buy tickets and get into major attractions like Madame Tussauds if you like that sort of thing. Try the gay clubs - even if you are not gay - such fun. Get the number 15 bus and sit on the top deck. The London Eye . Take a boat trip down to Greenwich.

Regents Park. Hampstead Heath - the list is endless
Original post by barnetlad
National Gallery is free and well worth visiting. Plenty to do in Covent Garden. You could go to the open air swimming pool by UAL at Kings Cross. Walk along the Thames or the Regents Canal.

London is your Oyster, as it were.

awww youre very much right in saying that! love the city :smile:
Original post by gozzabomb
I've seen it happen before, safe to say I'm a male though

The only females I see with beards are about 90 years old :wink:
Original post by squeakysquirrel
www.timeout.com/london/things-to-do/101-things-to-do-in-london

Camden Market; you can bulk buy tickets and get into major attractions like Madame Tussauds if you like that sort of thing. Try the gay clubs - even if you are not gay - such fun. Get the number 15 bus and sit on the top deck. The London Eye . Take a boat trip down to Greenwich.

Regents Park. Hampstead Heath - the list is endless

out of curiosity, what makes a gay club fun for a non-gay? :wink:
Original post by iMacJack
The only females I see with beards are about 90 years old :wink:

my biology teacher must be about 40 and grows a moustache that can rival mine :wink:
out of curiosity, what makes a gay club fun for a non-gay? :wink:

They are just good fun - the music is great - the dancing is outrageous. You can be yourself and be totally accepted for that. They get great acts performing there. And as you are not in the market so to speak, you don't have to make the effort. You have to go to understand
They are just good fun - the music is great - the dancing is outrageous. You can be yourself and be totally accepted for that. They get great acts performing there. And as you are not in the market so to speak, you don't have to make the effort. You have to go to understand

that does sound rather thrilling :wink: does a 16 year old have any chance of getting into one?
that does sound rather thrilling :wink: does a 16 year old have any chance of getting into one?

Absolutely not!!!
But get some spandex in now for 5 years time!
Absolutely not!!!
But get some spandex in now for 5 years time!

sounds like a plan :wink:
I've never actually met one tbh :beard::hmmmm:

Quick Reply

Latest