The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

If any of you do GCSE Edexcel B Geography then come and join the thread at
GCSE Edexcel B Geography - Unit 1 - Tuesday 24th May 2016 Only 3 days to go! Good luck everyone!
Reply 561
Original post by blueribbons99
When's the last time she came up? My gut feeling is that it'll be gerald

Posted from TSR Mobile

She came up in Jan 2013, so probably not her. Most likely to be Sheila as she hasn't come up for the longest or maybe Gerald. Really hope it's sheila cos i've only revised for her whoops
Reply 562
Original post by Speedbird129
If any of you do GCSE Edexcel B Geography then come and join the thread at
GCSE Edexcel B Geography - Unit 1 - Tuesday 24th May 2016 Only 3 days to go! Good luck everyone!

Can you post the link please!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 563
Original post by Tiara006
I'm doing Kindertransport & what do you mean by abyss and villains? That's the questions could be about those things?

One of the questions could be about the abyss being mentioned throughout the play and another suggestion could be about who is a villain in the play e.g ratcatcher
im studying of mice and men, inspector calls and conflict poems, anyone know which themes will come up for of mice and men and incpectoe calls and anyone have any idea which poems will come up for the conflict cluster??
Original post by s_ovo
Hi there, I'm doing KIndertransport and omam tomorrow im not that confident with kindertransport but ive seen some suggestions that people have said may come up such as the abyss and villains x

Abyss?? Please explain to me xD
Reply 566
Original post by Gingerbread101
I did Of Mice and Men and Touching the Void, and the Relationships cluster for poetry :yep:

do you have any ideas about what possible questions could come up for touching the void this year and what do you think are the main quotes to keep in mind for it
Does anyone do 'The Crucible'? If so, any predictions. :smile:
For the poetry relationship cluster I think it may be 'To His Coy Mistress', 'Hour' or 'Harmonium'. They haven't come up before (or in a while)
What novel, play and poetry cluster are you studying? OMAM and AIC. Relationships for Poetry.
How are you preparing for the exam - do you feel confident for it? Mainly by learning quotes to save time in the exam. Relatively confident as long as some of the less important characters don't come up. (Edna etc)
Do you have any predictions for certain characters/themes? OMAM - Extract on Curleys appearance. Masculinity on the ranch. AIC - Sheila/ Gerald and Tension through the the play.
Omg! I've finally found someone Thank you! :biggrin:I thought that it might be him he hasn't come up before has he?
Original post by JoshuaE
✱GCSE English Literature 2016 - Unit 1 and 2✱

Hey! The purpose of this thread is to be a directory for all things AQA English Lit. General discussion, revision help and the elusive predictions are all welcome.
Dates:

23rd May 2016 - Unit 1 (Exploring modern texts)

27th May 2016 - Unit 2 (Poetry across time) OR Unit 4

Resources

BBC Bitesize - English Literature (For those who don't do the OMAM and AIC)

An Inspector calls - the entire play (A particularly more contemporary version was released last year but is only available through purchase)

GCSE Pod (School subscription required)

Emmark's notes (near the end of the page)

*If you find any useful resources message me and I'll put them in*

To help introduce yourself fill the form below:

What novel, play and poetry cluster are you studying?

How are you preparing for the exam - do you feel confident for it?

Do you have any predictions for certain characters/themes?

21/05/2016: Unit 1 predictions
These are predictions of themes/characters that the majority believe may be tested this year - take them seriously but revise other areas of your play/novel
You may notice some are more detailed than others. The predictions below are what has been said on this thread for the past month or so, the more popular texts have more responses.

Of Mice and Men: shooting of Candy's dog (Carlson), Curley, American dream, Masculinity

Purple Hibiscus: violence

The crucible: Elizabeth Proctor, Rebecca Nurse

An Inspector calls: The Inspector, Sheila/Eric, Gerald, Young and Old

Lord of Flies: no responses found

Sunlight on the grass: ^

To kill a mocking bird: Aticus, attitudes to Maycomb

For Sunlight on the Grass I'd predict two of these potential three: 'On Seeing the 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful April Morning', 'Something Old, Something New' and 'My Polish Teacher's Tie'.

Lord of the Flies: People are predicting there'll be emphasis of some sort on the character of Simon.
Text: Sunlight on the Grass
Novella: Of Mice and Men
Poetry: Character and voice

Anyone else doing Character and Voice?
Original post by L0st45
Text: Sunlight on the Grass
Poetry: Character and voice

Anyone else doing Character and Voice?

I am! Would you like any help?
Reply 575
Original post by strongcurrent
Abyss?? Please explain to me xD

i really dont get it myself i will have a quick look at my revision notes and ge back to you x
Play: The Crucible
Poetry: Conflict cluster

Does anyone know any good youtube accounts or websites for The Crucible? :frown:
Original post by MeganMcAlister
Play: The Crucible
Poetry: Conflict cluster

Does anyone know any good youtube accounts or websites for The Crucible? :frown:

I don't study The Crucible but maybe these sites will help?

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/crucible/

http://www.shmoop.com/crucible/

http://www.enotes.com/topics/crucible
Original post by thatonepunkguy
I am! Would you like any help?

which poems do you think are likely to come up? my teacher was saying give/ruined maid/ medusa?
Original post by tangledinthemist
which poems do you think are likely to come up? my teacher was saying give/ruined maid/ medusa?

Yup, those would be my predictions too. The Ruined Maid & Give haven't come up, and Medusa hasn't been up for a few years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending