The Student Room Group

business studies or psychology?

I am already taking history, philosophy and government and politics so I need to decide between business studies or psychology. which one should I take? I currently do business studies at GCSE and I'm getting A*'s so I feel that a-level business will be good for me but not sure if it ties in well with my other subjects? also I've heard that psychology is a hard a-level so I don't want to have too much work on my shoulders especially as I'm already taking history! I potentially want to study law at university! can anyone help?
What about economics?

But if it was out of those two. Hmm. I do Psychology, its alright, but I found the case studies quite boring and having to remember all of them. However it is considered higher than bussiness. Although if Economics is an option go for that instead of business.
Reply 2
Original post by Kholmes1
What about economics?

But if it was out of those two. Hmm. I do Psychology, its alright, but I found the case studies quite boring and having to remember all of them. However it is considered higher than bussiness. Although if Economics is an option go for that instead of business.

Economics is not offered at my sixth form unfortunately but it seems like it involves a lot of maths, which is defiantly not my strong point! thanks for the advice :smile:
Original post by megan_ann_x
Economics is not offered at my sixth form unfortunately but it seems like it involves a lot of maths, which is defiantly not my strong point! thanks for the advice :smile:

In that case just go for the one you think you would enjoy more. You say you want to do Law, your other 3 subjects goes well for Law especially History.
As you already do business and are enjoying it maybe go for that? It goes quite well with your other subjects as well.

What you might be able to do, lets say you take business, then two weeks in you don't like it, you should be able to drop it and swap.
I do both and i can say that if you love yourself do business studies! Psychology will be the death of you and business is a easy subject and it will give you a lot of time to focus on your other subjects
I do philosophy and history as well chemistry and psychology and psychology is my favourite by far. HOWEVER I find that especially with chemistry they were really hard subjects and if psychology doesn't I really interest you then defonetly do business. Is it an ALevel or a BTEC?

Quick Reply

Latest