The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Sadiq Khan is not Western, he is Asian

The last time I checked, Asia lay in the East.

Scroll to see replies

Shouldn't it be Western and Eastern? And Asian and European?

Regardless, 'Western' is neither a race nor an ethnicity. So Khan - born, raised and educated in the UK - is a Westerner is he not?
He's white you ignorant person

Spoiler

But he's born in London so he's Western by birth.
Reply 4
A lot of racists will never accept a non white person as British even if they were born in this country. Most will however accept a white person from another country as British if they arrived in this country a week ago and decide to take British nationality.
Reply 5
Original post by Maker
A lot of racists will never accept a non white person as British even if they were born in this country. Most will however accept a white person from another country as British if they arrived in this country a week ago and decide to take British nationality.

Rubbish. A Polish person is a Polish person.
Reply 6
Original post by maybuds
Rubbish. A Polish person is a Polish person.

White British people are of main land European descent so we should call most white British people Danes, Germans, French etc.
Reply 7
Original post by Maker
White British people are of main land European descent so we should call most white British people Danes, Germans, French etc.

No they are not. There was no Anglo-Saxon invasion. The Vikings were only 100 000 in number out of a population of 3 million and they went home. The Romans were mainly in the form of 10 000 soldiers. The Normans were just a replacement of the aristocratic line. The only real invasion we have had has been the recent one that began 60 years ago.
His passport is british, therefore he is british and his nationality is british. his ethnicity isnt white, its asian

get that in your head you silly clown
Reply 9
Original post by roadmanchasin£££
His passport is british, therefore he is british and his nationality is british. his ethnicity isnt white, its asian

get that in your head you silly clown

Paper British
Why does it even matter? He's going to be an amazing mayor regardless :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by maybuds
No they are not. There was no Anglo-Saxon invasion. The Vikings were only 100 000 in number out of a population of 3 million and they went home. The Romans were mainly in the form of 10 000 soldiers. The Normans were just a replacement of the aristocratic line. The only real invasion we have had has been the recent one that began 60 years ago.

A million Brits are of Viking descent. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2577003/A-million-Vikings-live-One-33-men-claim-direct-descendants-Norse-warriors.html

I assume most of them are white. I expect the Danes won't want a Million Brits turning up all claiming to be returning home.
(edited 7 years ago)
troll is obvious lol
Reply 13
He is a muslim, enough said
Original post by PisssLam
He is a muslim, enough said

So is my uncle... what does that have to do with anything?
Reply 15
Heritage from Asia, designed and manufactured in Britain. Just like German cars, a lot of the parts are produced in China, Japan and many other areas in Europe but the car is assembled, designed and created in Germany. You wouldn't call an Audi Chineese just because it's body was made in China would you?
Original post by maybuds
Paper British

Sounds more British than you

Original post by zayn008
Heritage from Asia, designed and manufactured in Britain. Just like German cars, a lot of the parts are produced in China, Japan and many other areas in Europe but the car is assembled, designed and created in Germany. You wouldn't call an Audi Chineese just because it's body was made in China would you?

Err.. I believe he was born here full stop, so he was designed, created, assembled and manufactured in Britain, to use your analogy. He was never "shipped" from any where else. Also, people aren't cars.
Reply 17
He is British and Asian.
Original post by RayApparently
Shouldn't it be Western and Eastern? And Asian and European?

Regardless, 'Western' is neither a race nor an ethnicity. So Khan - born, raised and educated in the UK - is a Westerner is he not?

Well no, the 'West' as we refer to it has been a racially homogenous society up until a generation ago. It takes more than 1 generation to change this fact, his immediate ethnic ancestry is from another continent. Geneticists could look at his DNA and tell where he came from, you our I could look at his appearance and know he was an immigrant, first or second generation. We could look at his culture, how he spends his free time, and know it was 'exotic' and otherwise 'alien' to anyone that could trace their lineage back in Western Europe.

He is a foreign person, he may have become somewhat acclimatised to the 'West', but in every measurable way he is different to people from here.

If a tall skinny, pale skinned, red headed person were born in China to Scottish parents, if he adopted Chinese culture and spoke their language, he would not be and never be 'Eastern' or Chinese. the Chinese would never elect this hypothetical person mayor of Shanghai, for obvious racial reasons which are more about self promotion than persecution.

What the UK and Europe are doing is Darwinian suicide, a eugenics program enacted out of ignorance and learned political bias.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Well no, the 'West' as we refer to it has been a racially homogenous society up until a generation ago. It takes more than 1 generation to change this fact, his immediate ethnic ancestry is from another continent. Geneticists could look at his DNA and tell where he came from, you our I could look at his appearance and know he was an immigrant, first or second generation. We could look at his culture, how he spends his free time, and know it was 'exotic' and otherwise 'alien' to anyone that could trace their lineage back in Western Europe.

He is a foreign person, he may have become somewhat acclimatised to the 'West', but in every measurable way he is different to people from here.

If a tall skinny, pale skinned, red headed person were born in China to Scottish parents, if he adopted Chinese culture and spoke their language, he would not be and never be 'Eastern' or Chinese. the Chinese would never elect this hypothetical person mayor of Shanghai, for obvious racial reasons which are more about self promotion than persecution.

What the UK and Europe are doing is Darwinian suicide, a eugenics program enacted out of ignorance and learned political bias.

What the West was or wasn't a generation ago is irrelevant.

A great man once asked that his children be judged not for the colour of their skin - i.e. their appearance - but by the content of their character. I for one am happy to comply. I know little about how he spends his free time.

He is from 'the West'. And in upbringing and education is like many others from 'the West'.

The Chinese comparison is inapplicable because, unlike China, Western nations actively sought to exert their influence across the globe and achieved a state of industrialisation before anywhere else. The situation is completely different to that one-party state.

'Darwinian suicide'? Why? Culture, healthy genes and the environment are the only valuable things that one generation passes on to the next.

Latest