GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ella_08
I reckon:
-the ending scene
- Candy's dog's death
- Curley's hand crushed

I can't think of anything else it would be

i have a feeling it might be the ending scene, as its the last time they're using mice and en in english lit, so it would be a nice end.Also, is never been used before .
Original post by Shiba_Inu
I'm studying exactly the same as you, and from what i've heard from teachers in my school, online and other students, I reckon that LOTF may be about any of these- Jack, The Conch, Simon, or Setting. I also predict that for OMAM, the question is going to be about Candy, Crooks, or the use of animals (Mice, Candy's dog, Lennie's puppy). I reckon for the relationships cluster, it will be about In Paris With You or To His Coy Mistress, as they haven't been used in a while, but i'm really not that sure.

I reckon for OMAM, the fight scene will come up because its quite a pivotal scene and hasnt come up or maybe the shooting of Candys dog
How many paragraphs should you do combined on question a and b , in any question for english lit unit 1 ?
4 good strong paragraphs but if you're not confident on the question try and do 5 paragraphs as a backup :smile:
Original post by the pro
How many paragraphs should you do combined on question a and b , in any question for english lit unit 1 ?
Original post by the pro

I'm assuming this is for the Question 2 based on an extract? I write roughly a side and a half to 3/4 for each part (a and b) but the mark out of 30(+4 for SPaG) is awarded overall, not 15 for a and 15 for b
Original post by the pro
i have a feeling it might be the ending scene, as its the last time they're using mice and en in english lit, so it would be a nice end.Also, is never been used before .

Same! And then part b the american dream. I don't believe in god but i'm praying for that lool. Good luck (;
Original post by manrajmahal
I reckon for OMAM, the fight scene will come up because its quite a pivotal scene and hasnt come up or maybe the shooting of Candys dog

If Candy's dog came up, what do you think part b of the question would be? I got for the fight the context would most likely be fear or the order of importance on the ranch.
Original post by the pro

The ending scene was used in the 2007 paper.

That's a different specification to this one so I guess it's ok!
Original post by Ella_08
Same! And then part b the american dream. I don't believe in god but i'm praying for that lool. Good luck (;

Yes, fingers crossed and praying for it to come up. It so easy to analyse , because you could write about the parallel relationship between Candy and his dog through foreshadowing, it has a cyclical structure, use of verbs and basically everything .:u:Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)

Was it in AQA? Basically my teacher predicted the ending could up too and she was saying it hasn't come up.
Reply 631
Original post by The-Hof123
Does anyone know what the character and voice poems were last year? Just so that I can try and predict what they'll be this year. So far, these are the ones that I have seen haven't been done yet:
The Clown Punk
Medusa
Brendon Gallacher
Give
My Last Duchess
The Hunchback in the Park
The Ruined Maid
(from 2012-2014, I had a look at the past papers. ^Those are the ones that didn't come up, so will be more likely to be in the one this year^) Although it all depends on which ones were done last year. I hope we get Medusa and The River God, they're both really easy :smile:

My Last Duchess and Medusa came up in like either 2011 or 2012? But My Last Duchess came up again last year so Medusa is quite possible. In my opinion, it could be Give, The Ruined Maid or The Clown Punk.
so with the mice and men section we are only given an extract not the actual whole book to find quotes
Original post by the pro
Was it in AQA? Basically my teacher predicted the ending could up too and she was saying it hasn't come up.

yep, it was AQA
Original post by tomdoughty99
so with the mice and men section we are only given an extract not the actual whole book to find quotes

for part a we have to analyse an extract , and for part b we're given a clean copy of mice and men
Reply 635
Original post by Tiara006
That would be a good question! Great, thanks[/QUOT

Another question could be how is the play presented as a psychological drama
yep, it was AQA

Awww:frown::frown:
Original post by tomdoughty99

Nope we get a book aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have predictions for 'Of Mice and Men' and 'Lord of the Flies'; the harder ones?
Original post by the pro
for part a we have to analyse an extract , and for part b we're given a clean copy of mice and men

oh I didn't know that. I'm basically crying right now. it's not the task it's because I spend a lot of time analysing and my timing is so bad. 22 mins 30 secs to answer each bit in that much detail is so impossible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending