The Student Room Group

Can you pull your grade up with an exam worth 40% of the final grade?

If you got a high E in the 60% exam but got a high A in the exam that's worth 40% what is your final grade likely to come out to?
Original post by ambermariemorgan
If you got a high E in the 60% exam but got a high A in the exam that's worth 40% what is your final grade likely to come out to?

Hmm, actually sorry I got it wrong, if you get borderline E and A then a high D. But if it's a high E and A then a high C. However, this is dependent on grade boundaries. Is this AS or A2?
(edited 7 years ago)

I'd say a C only because the high E is in the 60& exam!
Depends on the UMS of the E and the A

Probably a B in a best case scenario, but most likely a C
Original post by TelAviv
Depends on the UMS of the E and the A

Probably a B in a best case scenario, but most likely a C
I'm afraid a B is unlikely because OP would need at least an A* (90%+) in the exam worth 40% even then unlikely, unless grade boundaries are low enough.
Original post by RedRosesBloom
I'm afraid a B is unlikely because OP would need at least an A* (90%+) in the exam worth 40% even then unlikely, unless grade boundaries are low enough.

What if I get a middle D though in the 60% exam and a high A in the 40%? Could I get a low B then?? This is AS level history so it's impossible to get an A*
What if I get a middle D though in the 60% exam and a high A in the 40%? Could I get a low B then?? This is AS level history so it's impossible to get an A*
Certainly. Good luck :h:

Quick Reply

Latest