The Student Room Group

CCEA - AS History Thread

Haven't seen a thread yet - thought id start one.
AS1 - Germany 1918-45
AS2 - Russia

I'm doing options 1-3 in russia so skipping stalins, any revision tips or predictions welcome! My teacher thinks consolidation of power/jews could be sourcework for germany and October Rev/Covil war for 22 markers on lenins russia. Anyone else got any?

Scroll to see replies

We do Germany and Italy so I can only guess for one. Our teacher has agreed with you.Consolidation hasn't came up in a long time and neither have Jews, would be praying for consolidation though. Been learning both well.
Reply 2
Yeah, those would be the easiest to write about because i find they're the most interesting - its easier to learn somethhing when you generally like to learn about it!
But threats to the Weimar Republic hasn't came up from even before consolidation, the Weimar economy and Third Reivh culture have never came up, so why do your teachers think consolidation and Jews is more likely?
hey! young people nor culture under the nazis has ever come up before as 35 markers, so there is a chance!! also the end of weimar hasnt been up in awhile! im thinking perhaps nazi economy or opposition for 12 markers..
im doing 1 and 4 in russia and im thinking its going to be reasons for tsars suvival 1906-1914 and maybe about the purges for stalin!!
Reply 5
The sources are never really on weimar!
Tbf economy came up in 2011 then again in 2014 and rise to power came up in 2012 and again in 2014. To answer your question about things never coming up well, I can only assume that they haven't came up as its too difficult to expect a 35 marker from those topics. As someone who does politics we learn about the EU even though it has never came up and never will :/
But im also learning my threats to weimar really well have a sneak feeling its coming up
Original post by Rammus OP
Tbf economy came up in 2011 then again in 2014 and rise to power came up in 2012 and again in 2014. To answer your question about things never coming up well, I can only assume that they haven't came up as its too difficult to expect a 35 marker from those topics. As someone who does politics we learn about the EU even though it has never came up and never will :/

yeah that makes sense! suppose we have to be prepared for everything!
a question could be asked also on the means of control of the nazis; gleichschaltung etc
Reply 10
I thought gleichshaltung was part of consolidation - whereas terror was means of control
Reply 11
Any help guys 😭
Original post by Rachypoox
I thought gleichshaltung was part of consolidation - whereas terror was means of control

SORRY FOR LATE REPLY! Yes thats right Gleichshaltung was coordination which was the abolishing of trade unions, other parties and federal states which helped to consolidate his power where as terror was a control method i.e. SS and Gestapo. But events like the Night of the Long knives was terror to consolidate power.
How's everyone feeling? XD
How's everyone feeling? XD

Scared!
Reply 15
Ive been so focused on sociology so realy scared and politics is the day before 😭
Original post by Rachypoox
Ive been so focused on sociology so realy scared and politics is the day before 😭

As a fellow politics student I know the struggle what genius thought northern Ireland politics on a Thursday and German history on a Friday would be bants. More nervous for Northern Irish politics than anything.:bawling:
Reply 17
As a fellow politics student I know the struggle what genius thought northern Ireland politics on a Thursday and German history on a Friday would be bants. More nervous for Northern Irish politics than anything.:bawling:

Everyone does better on the second Politics paper. :yep:

(I did CCEA History and Politics for A Level, so if you need any help!)
Reply 18
Help would be lovely! Any way possible, atleast we're in this together insuppose 😭
Reply 19
I don't have many interpretations for the threats to the Weimar Republic apart from the Munich Putsch...anybody else?

Quick Reply