The Student Room Group

Aqa sociology resit 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noey123
I am! :smile: how r u gettin on? what do you think might come up?

Horribly
Too much to learn tbh
I really don't know what will come up. Maybe the new right contribution to education?
What do you think?
Has anyone teachers said anything about unit 2?
I really don't want Marxism to come up
education paper predictions?
Original post by noey123
i agree. i think ethnicity might come up as a 6 marker . am so worried about research methods it never sticks in my head, what do you think might come up for research methods?

I've heard experiments haven't come up for a while and possibly documents....I'm also going to revise stats just in case....easy to forget about. Who knows.......!
Reply 145
I wonder if social class will still come up as they did it for new spec O.o guess will find out soon...
Yeah I heard that too but I have a good feeling but from my teachers too that gender might do too as it hasn't came up
Original post by Shavin
I wonder if social class will still come up as they did it for new spec O.o guess will find out soon...

sameee
guys had you answer 'practical reasons being the most important' for choice of method
we don't have to revise social policy right? or just very briefly
I wouldnt go in depth seeing as there was a question on it last year
Original post by helpme001
I wouldnt go in depth seeing as there was a question on it last year

What do you predict?
Class external could be on the paper this year as it was internal last year, I can see ethnicity being asked too and possibly New Right. For the methods section I haven't a clue but as long as you know your PET you're honestly fine! You don't have to have examples of the method to get full marks but it is a bonus :smile:
Original post by MindOfFinn
Class external could be on the paper this year as it was internal last year, I can see ethnicity being asked too and possibly New Right. For the methods section I haven't a clue but as long as you know your PET you're honestly fine! You don't have to have examples of the method to get full marks but it is a bonus :smile:
what does PET mean
Practical
Ethical
Theoretical
You may have learnt it in a different order :smile:
I predict external factors, Marxism and maybe a short answer question on ethnicity. for research methods i'll be going over experiments and maybe documents seeing as that hasn't come up for a while.
Original post by xxvine
What do you predict?
What do you mean by external factors? External factors of class gender or ethnicity? Or are you looking at them all?
Social class and official stats came up in last years paper, but social class could come up again. However, a few predictions are ethnicity and gender. And for research methods, possibly observations! :smile:
Original post by MindOfFinn
What do you mean by external factors? External factors of class gender or ethnicity? Or are you looking at them all?

I went over class differences in achievement - external factors, so things like language, parents education and working class subculture.
Original post by Zainab03
Social class and official stats came up in last years paper, but social class could come up again. However, a few predictions are ethnicity and gender. And for research methods, possibly observations! :smile:

ethnicity was last year so i'd say gender is more likely, well I hope so!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending