The Student Room Group

Wjec spanish as level - speaking and written paper *****please read*****

Hi all,

Currently I am studying AS level Spanish with WJEC. Here is a copy of the exam paper if you would like to have a look: http://pastpapers.download.wjec.co.uk/s15-1362-01a.pdf

If you could would you be able to provide me with tips on how to achieve an A grade at AS level, in the speaking exam and for individual components of the written paper?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards.
Reply 1
i'm doing this exam board/exam this year too! I find the 15 mark gap fill and the oral the hardest (my oral is on the 28th April!:s-smilie:) . I'm aiming for an A, and trying to do masses of Spanish revision this Easter. :smile:

For the oral- I'm going to be learning a few subjunctive phrases for each topic, making A3 sheets of key ideas for each topic, recording these key ideas on my phone and then practising oral cards by recording my answers on my phone so I can both listen back to improve and cringe at my own voice, haha!

For SN2, I'm going to be using the same A3 sheets but making 2/3 essay plans for each topic alongside them. The bit I find is hardest is revising for the gap fill/listening/reading so I'm going to be learning key vocab for each topic and then just doing loads of exam questions as I'm not sure that I have time to do much else! (I have 2 other subjects AS exams this year too)

Still in the process of making my A3 sheets as there's so many different points to make haha. Hope your revision goes well and that this might have helped you a little. Good luck to us! :tongue:
Reply 2
Any predictions for essay titles this year?
Reply 3
Original post by Sammy121
Any predictions for essay titles this year?

I wouldn't be able to predict properly but I could guess maybe a Q on tourism as its a big topic and didn't come up last year? Hopefully anyway. Or perhaps a question about healthy diets/exercise? But if I was going off what didn't come up last year, traditions and gender could come up as well. Anybody else?
Reply 4
What questions are people expecting on the essay part of the exam?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
does anyone know the grade boundaries for the written exam?
So what did everyone think of the exam this morning?
Reply 8
Original post by isthatagymnast
So what did everyone think of the exam this morning?

The gap fill was difficult.
Original post by Cal1999
The gap fill was difficult.

Omg i actually thought the gap fill was stunning
Reply 10
same. It basically gave half the answers in the text.
Reply 11
Original post by 123Sam
same. It basically gave half the answers in the text.

Yeah I felt okay with the gap fill for a change. But I struggled with the translation and had doubts about my answers to the listening. Also struggled with the 4Q's but that was expected so I'm not too fussed. Relieved that SN2 is done!
Reply 12
I really liked the gap fill, and i just found parts of each section hard and easy. I mightve messed the essay a bit but i think it went ok overall... i think
Overall I found the paper quite easy compared to past papers. The fill in the gap exercise was quite nice but as soon as I saw 'consumar' and 'consumir' I realised I didn't actually know which was 'to consume' and I used the wrong one didn't I 🙃🙃🙃 The essay section was ok, don't think it was my best but we'll see :smile: glad it's over though!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty piss easy paper.
The only think i didnt do was get every tense in in the Essay.
I got good subjunctive and idiomatic phrases so hopefully thatll make up for it

Quick Reply

Latest