The Student Room Group

My GRADES are NOT good! :(

I'm looking at getting 5 or maybe 6 GCSEs.

GCSE English Language - C
IGCSE Maths- B
GCSE Chemistry - B
GCSE Physics - B
GCSE Biology - C
GCSE Geography - C

I'm hoping to do Maths/Chemistry/Physics at A Level.
Any advice? I'm really stressed. Is that enough GCSEs for a good future? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Xenon_

IGCSE Maths- B
GCSE Chemistry - B
GCSE Physics - B
GCSE Biology - C
GCSE Geography - C

Any advice? I'm really stressed. Is that enough GCSEs for a good future? :frown:

Yeah, as long as you get onto A-levels. Physics is solid af though!
Well your eyesight definitely is, so you've got that going for you which is nice...
You got your 5*-cs which is enough to get you onto alevels. (Depends on the school though)
The subjects you want to do you say you are hoping to get Bs in which is enough. So yeah if you do get those grades then you will be perfectly fine to do those alevels. (Although theres some colleges which needs you to get 7A*s-Cs but those are usually the top ones.)
Original post by The_JoKeR
Well your eyesight definitely is, so you've got that going for you which is nice...

??
Reply 5
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Yeah, as long as you get onto A-levels. Physics is solid af though!

I actually find physics much easier than the other science subjects. This is the opposite for most people and I struggle mostly with biology.

I feel I will probably achieve an A in physics but if I don't have a nice exam I'll be looking at a B.

Thanks though. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by The_JoKeR

What does that mean? :colonhash:
Original post by _Xenon_

IGCSE Maths- B
GCSE Chemistry - B
GCSE Physics - B
GCSE Biology - C
GCSE Geography - C

I wish to do the same as you but also with further maths or biology as long as you can get those a levels then that's fine
Well yk the truth is no-one cares what grades you get. Its not about what grades you get its how much effort you put in. Dont comapre yourself to other poples grades becauase every1 is different. Your grades dont define who you are as a person. As long as you try your best no-one cares what you get. x

GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR EXAMS :smile:
They are very good, out of interest how many GCSE's are you doing?
Reply 10
Original post by Bulletzone
They are very good, out of interest how many GCSE's are you doing?

I am doing 8 GCSEs but I am definitely not passing all of them. For example, U in coursework for some. :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by zXcodeXz
I wish to do the same as you but also with further maths or biology as long as you can get those a levels then that's fine

Thanks mate. I was considering FM but I was advised against taking it.
Reply 12
Original post by Kk1999
Xenon...Don worry..You have got a minimum of 5 Cs at GCSE.
About your A levels...go for what u wish, what u r interested in..
Shrug of that stress..thats ur thinking that im stressed..im a loser etc.. thats a chatter box in your brain thats givin u all these negative thoughts.. just say "shut up..who r u to decide my future?" think about Bill Gates..
if you have time check this link..it will help you a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHWUCX6osgM

contact me anytime for assistance..:h:

Hi thank you so much. I really appreciate it. :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Lightning_xo
Well yk the truth is no-one cares what grades you get. Its not about what grades you get its how much effort you put in. Dont comapre yourself to other poples grades becauase every1 is different. Your grades dont define who you are as a person. As long as you try your best no-one cares what you get. x

GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR EXAMS :smile:

Hi thank you! :-)
Reply 14
Original post by Kholmes1
You got your 5*-cs which is enough to get you onto alevels. (Depends on the school though)
The subjects you want to do you say you are hoping to get Bs in which is enough. So yeah if you do get those grades then you will be perfectly fine to do those alevels. (Although theres some colleges which needs you to get 7A*s-Cs but those are usually the top ones.)

Hi thanks!!! :-)
Original post by _Xenon_
Thanks mate. I was considering FM but I was advised against taking it.

How come ? I'm most likely going to do FM if I get the grade
Original post by _Xenon_
Hi thank you so much. I really appreciate it. :smile:

No problem Xenon..Thats my pleasure:smile:..o
they are VERY good OP :smile: mine were worse so you will be fine
Reply 18
They're absolutely fine unless your college requires a B in English language. Good luck!:tongue:
Original post by _Xenon_

IGCSE Maths- B
GCSE Chemistry - B
GCSE Physics - B
GCSE Biology - C
GCSE Geography - C

I think they are pretty good grades, my only concern is science and maths (at my school) are really strict and won't accept anyone onto the course below an A, but if you enjoy science and maths go for it!

Quick Reply

Latest