The Student Room Group

AS Level New Spec Official Edexcel Physics Paper 1: Core Physics I - 24th of May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reda2
I'm doing OCR but this is how I would have approached it, look at the PDF. I hope it helps.

PDF download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5rtb9jxgz2kiyk8/Physics_Electricity_problem.pdf

*I also attached an image of all of it, but you might not be able to see the small writing, so use PDF if needed.
p.PNG
Reda

Thanks so much! Best of luck for your exams :biggrin:
Original post by Arran1109
Does anybody else feel the same as me - I go through the revision books, makes notes etc. but then when it comes to the questions in the exam, THEY'RE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO WHAT IS IN THE BOOKS. I really hope that specimen paper was purposely harder than the exam or something. Please can someone relate?! My entire class feels the same way

Arran i feel exactly the same way as you do. When i read through all my notes, and when i'm listening to the teachers it all seems to make sense, but when i did the specimen paper the questions made no sense at all. I just hope that the exam will be more straightforward than the specimen. GL
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by NisarKhan
Thanks so much! Best of luck for your exams :biggrin:

I hope it helped. Thank you, you too.
Original post by Joseph Tuffin
Arran i feel exactly the same way as you do. When i read through all my notes, and when i'm listening to the teachers it all seems to make sense, but when i did the specimen paper the questions made no sense at all. I just hope that the exam will be more straightforward than the specimen. GL

My teacher has spoken with someone at edexcel and they admit that the specimen papers are difficult. More so the locked specimen papers which were 10 times harder than the ones we can access from the pearsons website.
Original post by coo11ard
My teacher has spoken with someone at edexcel and they admit that the specimen papers are difficult. More so the locked specimen papers which were 10 times harder than the ones we can access from the pearsons website.

Do you (or anyone else) have a pdf of the specimen papers, if so, can you please post it?
Reply 25
Does anyone have a pdf of the specimen papers because they would really help. Thanks
Reply 27
This new specification is absolutely impossible
I doubt anyone in the country taking this exam will get above a C
Reply 28
Original post by ovo424
This new specification is absolutely impossible
I doubt anyone in the country taking this exam will get above a C

Are you sure, the grade boundaries will just drop lmao
Reply 29
is this for IAL or just for OCR or AQA
Reply 30

That is the SAM not the specimen paper. The Exam board release a Sample Assessment Material Paper and a Specimen Paper.
Reply 31
Original post by OGGUS
Are you sure, the grade boundaries will just drop lmao

Drop by how much?
5 marks for an A?
Reply 32
Original post by ovo424
Drop by how much?
5 marks for an A?

I wish but definitely no, people are getting smarter so i guess if the paper is hard 66% might be an A but not 5/80 lmao:biggrin:
Edexcel.
Original post by Arran1109
Does anybody else feel the same as me - I go through the revision books, makes notes etc. but then when it comes to the questions in the exam, THEY'RE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO WHAT IS IN THE BOOKS. I really hope that specimen paper was purposely harder than the exam or something. Please can someone relate?! My entire class feels the same way

I definitely know what you mean, best to keep trying questions tbh
Reply 35
Original post by Results
I definitely know what you mean, best to keep trying questions tbh

what's everyone's thoughts about tomorrows exam, good or bad ??
Anyone know where to find some solid momentum/moment questions aside from physicsandmathstutor??
Reply 37
Original post by ineeed4As
Anyone know where to find some solid momentum/moment questions aside from physicsandmathstutor??

not too sure as I have the majority of questions on paper I do have some which I could sent to you if you want??
Original post by OGGUS
I wish but definitely no, people are getting smarter so i guess if the paper is hard 66% might be an A but not 5/80 lmao:biggrin:

Normally they fit it to a normal distribution so approx top 10-20% get an A, next 10-20% B next 10-20% C etc so a much harder paper shouldnt reduce grades by too much... main problem is that an exam thats much harder than what people are expecting can throw people off and the results could be a complte mess
Looking at 2014 Grade boundaries, need 53-55/80 to get an A. That's 67.5% for an A on old spec (kinda handy for me since thats what I got on the specimens)
If our paper is much harder then I'd anticipate lower grade boundaries for an A

Quick Reply

Latest