The Student Room Group

Edexcel S3 - Wednesday 25th May AM 2016

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have S3-2015 paper link?
Will we ever have to do be able to do hypothesis testing on the binomial and poisson like in S2?
Reply 583
Original post by ChrisP97
How do you group expected values less than 5 in contingency tables? I haven't come across a question yet that asks for it to be done, but just wondering

I would also like to know this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChrisP97
How do you group expected values less than 5 in contingency tables? I haven't come across a question yet that asks for it to be done, but just wondering

You merge the column with the offending value with the next column.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A-Level/Mathematics/2013/Exam-materials/6691_01_pef_20150812.pdf

wow they themselves admit it was a hard paper - they say we regurgitate the textbook - well **** isn't that what we are meant to do especially for ch 2?
Reply 588
For June 2015 IAL (link in comment above), say if q 4a actually asked

"Find the probability that THREE randomly chosen sacks differ in weight by more than 0.5kg" how would you set the question up?
Original post by Katiee224
was there a regional paper for 2015 aswell?

Got no clue :') i will have a look

Spoiler

Original post by tazza ma razza
Got no clue :':wink: i will have a look

Spoiler

oh maybe they didn't do one hehe, did you manage to find the 2015 june IAL mark scheme too? :smile:
was there a regional paper for 2015 aswell?

No R papers from 2015 onwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh maybe they didn't do one hehe, did you manage to find the 2015 june IAL mark scheme too? :smile:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/International%20Advanced%20Level/Mathematics/2013/Exam%20materials/WST03_01_msc_20150812.pdf
How do you combine cells that have an expected frequency of <5 in contingency table questions?

Why would you choose to use the pmcc over spearman rank and vice versa?

Answers to both questions would be much appreciated
thank youuuu :h:

let me know how you do - i am doing it atm
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone know if someone is going to write out an Unofficial Mark Scheme after S3 exam?

Seems like Arsey doesnt do it for S3, but maybe if he sees there are many people asking for it he might do it this year... (I doubt)
Original post by Fbiemad
Does anyone know if someone is going to write out an Unofficial Mark Scheme after S3 exam?

Seems like Arsey doesnt do it for S3, but maybe if he sees there are many people asking for it he might do it this year... (I doubt)

Unofficial mark scheme(s) will undoubtably be made

If someone can get ahold of the paper after the exam I'd be happy to contribute/complete one, at least with the questions I am confident with
Has anyone done this question? In part a, you get 2.54 as an unbiased estimate for the variance, but then it straight up says that the variance is 2.56 despite this information only coming up in part b which hasn't happened yet.

Also, in part b why do we use 2.56 and not 2.54? Thanks.
Original post by Fbiemad

See above - I'd be happy to try and help, though stats questions can be hard to remember if there is lots of data and tables provided :dontknow:

(Though really, I'd suggest focusing on whatever exams you have left rather than ones you've already sat but that doesn't work for everyone :tongue:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending