The Student Room Group

Muslim girls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CPSohan
"You must be really having a bad day" - I have my maths C12 exam on 25th , I am a bit tensed,that's all, but I would not call it "having a bad day".

"I suggest that you read comments before posting" - Yeah I did read the comment, but I didn't read whom was she referring to as "bigot" , because it was pretty obvious,from you comment afterwards, that the 'bigot' was you because you were trying to be funny , and thus defend yourself from your previous stupid post........... but actually this is not what happened, you were not the 'bigot' , and you were not trying to be funny either . as you just said. And thanks for your "suggestion".

I suggest you to re-read your posts before you make them ,and always think twice or thrice before saying something at any point in your life, because , otherwise you will end up arguing with strangers because they would think that you are trying to defend a 'bigot' , just like in this situation for example. This way, you can avoid unnecessary disturbance and argument with strangers.

Original post by CPSohan
I was certain before going after you on your post , I was a 100% sure that you were that 'bigot' . But as it turned out, you are not that 'bigot' , you are someone else who is asking a funny silly question , and claiming it was a "legitimate question".

You seem to have a problem.

You suggest that I re-read my posts or saying anything at any point in my life. You are clearly in the wrong, but you are struggling to keep yourself in the right.

I was certain before going after you on your post , I was a 100% sure that you were that 'bigot' . But as it turned out, you are not that 'bigot' , you are someone else who is asking a funny silly question , and claiming it was a "legitimate question"

You have agreed that you made an error. Any person, who has made a genuine mistake, apologizes for it and moves on. You are still here trying to argue about it and saying that you thought that I was the bigot. You are not me and are assuming that I was asking a funny silly question. That is how you interpreted it and I have corrected you on your misinterpretation.

You saw a post without understanding the context or the previous discourse and you decided to jump to conclusion. I clarified this confusion for you and, yet, you still claim to be in the right.

Writing that "I suggest you to re-read your posts before you make them ,and always think twice or thrice before saying something at any point in your life, because , otherwise you will end up arguing with strangers because they would think that you are trying to defend a 'bigot' , just like in this situation for example. This way, you can avoid unnecessary disturbance and argument with strangers" is childish and not good for you.

You should understand what people are saying before jumping to conclusion, if not, in real life you will have a hard time with other people or may even get into fights. You are still writing your C12 maths exams, so you have not even entered university. For your own safety, I suggest that you relax more.

You have an exam coming up and it is in your best interest to read and understand the questions and context before jumping to conclusion. Even beyond that, you should understand the context before jumping to conclusion. If not, you will look like a plonker to your friends or peers.

From someone who is probably older than you, I sincerely advise that you loosen up and relax a bit. Life is not like TSR or social media, where you can have a web-rage and jump into people's conversation in a bid to piss them off without facing consequences. If you want to enter a conversation, you do it with respect.

If you are going to University, you will need this advice. If you are not going to University and have chosen to go into society, then you must brace yourself and control yourself more.

Despite my rant, I wish you the best in your Maths exam. Good luck. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
For the memes
You people need to stop being so ignorant with these stupid, interrogative Muslim threads. Why don't you just leave Muslims alone? And for the record, I have a Muslim friend who has a non-Muslim boyfriend.🙄
The obsession with discussions on Islam and Muslim people has gotten way out of hand on TSR. Honestly, the amount of hate and prejudice I've been seeing recently is ridiculous and makes me feel like we're not even a part of British society anymore because apparently we're all rampaging, racist, sexist,bomb-carrying, sparring terrorists. There have been two incidents on the bus where I've personally experienced this, one was outright rudeness, and the other a bomb joke because apparently I'd be keeping one under my hijab and uniform on my way back from school. I feel like some hate Muslims just for being Muslim, and that's what is creating this separation where it's non-Muslim and Muslim=non-terrorist and terrorist.
I'm talking generally here, but threads where people drop hate comments to do with Islam have been multiplying and I honestly think it's time for it stop- why are some of you so intent on just maintaining all this burning hatred towards Muslim people?
who told you they are not?
Original post by Anonymous
The obsession with discussions on Islam and Muslim people has gotten way out of hand on TSR. Honestly, the amount of hate and prejudice I've been seeing recently is ridiculous and makes me feel like we're not even a part of British society anymore because apparently we're all rampaging, racist, sexist,bomb-carrying, sparring terrorists. There have been two incidents on the bus where I've personally experienced this, one was outright rudeness, and the other a bomb joke because apparently I'd be keeping one under my hijab and uniform on my way back from school. I feel like some hate Muslims just for being Muslim, and that's what is creating this separation where it's non-Muslim and Muslim=non-terrorist and terrorist.
I'm talking generally here, but threads where people drop hate comments to do with Islam have been multiplying and I honestly think it's time for it stop- why are some of you so intent on just maintaining all this burning hatred towards Muslim people?

I think tsr should take some initiative and take down these threads. The mods seem to remove the threads that aren't even worthy of being removed, but they allow these types of hate threads to carry on!
I feel like some hate Muslims just for being Muslim, and that's what is creating this separation where it's non-Muslim and Muslim=non-terrorist and terrorist.

Of course some people hate Muslims for just being Muslim, but I don't think your latter claim is correct - to pretend that there isn't a degree of self-segregation on the part of many Muslim communities is to take a position that is simply false.

Do you think that the two things highlighted are essentially one and the same, given that you've used them as such? :holmes:

Original post by The person
I think tsr should take some initiative and take down these threads. The mods seem to remove the threads that aren't even worthy of being removed, but they allow these types of hate threads to carry on!

The mods already remove a lot of threads that are actually hateful; that they don't remove every thread remotely critical of Islam does not mean they are tolerating 'hate threads.'
(edited 7 years ago)
It is permissible for Muslims in a generic sense to marry anyone, but the condition that the non-Muslim will comply to enter Islam
Original post by thrhrhbyrn
It is permissible for Muslims in a generic sense to marry anyone, but the condition that the non-Muslim will comply to enter Islam

This is true. This is what really pisses me off the most.
Original post by Hydeman
Of course some people hate Muslims for just being Muslim, but I don't think your latter claim is correct - to pretend that there isn't a degree of self-segregation on the part of many Muslim communities is to take a position that is simply false.

Do you think that the two things highlighted are essentially one and the same, given that you've used them as such? :holmes:

The mods already remove a lot of threads that are actually hateful; that they don't remove every thread remotely critical of Islam does not mean they are tolerating 'hate threads.'

There's always going to be a degree of segregation in Muslim communities in term of religion, what I was trying to get across was the distinct label of 'terrorist' stuck on the Muslim community as a whole.
The highlighted sentences are different, one is defined as hate on the religion and the other towards the group of people following that religion. TSR threads, or at least what I've personally noticed, have included both and that's why I pointed out that they should stop. And I think instead of moderators having to take down threads, people should stop with the relentless hate that they continue to post on this website every day without fail. When I say 'hate towards Islam', I mean the outright degrading comments, not the ones that simply disagree with the religion in their own opinion and don't try to insult it or the followers of that faith.
In all honesty, I know no one really cares enough to stop their obsession with constantly insulting Muslim people and/or Islam. Some people just enjoy laughing about it in a collective, twisted humour that I can't get my head around.
There's always going to be a degree of segregation in Muslim communities in term of religion, what I was trying to get across was the distinct label of 'terrorist' stuck on the Muslim community as a whole.
The highlighted sentences are different, one is defined as hate on the religion and the other towards the group of people following that religion. TSR threads, or at least what I've personally noticed, have included both and that's why I pointed out that they should stop. And I think instead of moderators having to take down threads, people should stop with the relentless hate that they continue to post on this website every day without fail. When I say 'hate towards Islam', I mean the outright degrading comments, not the ones that simply disagree with the religion in their own opinion and don't try to insult it or the followers of that faith.
In all honesty, I know no one really cares enough to stop their obsession with constantly insulting Muslim people and/or Islam. Some people just enjoy laughing about it in a collective, twisted humour that I can't get my head around.

I totally agree with u !!!:smile:
Reply 91
Original post by Wired_1800
You seem to have a problem.

You suggest that I re-read my posts or saying anything at any point in my life. You are clearly in the wrong, but you are struggling to keep yourself in the right.

I was certain before going after you on your post , I was a 100% sure that you were that 'bigot' . But as it turned out, you are not that 'bigot' , you are someone else who is asking a funny silly question , and claiming it was a "legitimate question"

You have agreed that you made an error. Any person, who has made a genuine mistake, apologizes for it and moves on. You are still here trying to argue about it and saying that you thought that I was the bigot. You are not me and are assuming that I was asking a funny silly question. That is how you interpreted it and I have corrected you on your misinterpretation.

You saw a post without understanding the context or the previous discourse and you decided to jump to conclusion. I clarified this confusion for you and, yet, you still claim to be in the right.

Writing that "I suggest you to re-read your posts before you make them ,and always think twice or thrice before saying something at any point in your life, because , otherwise you will end up arguing with strangers because they would think that you are trying to defend a 'bigot' , just like in this situation for example. This way, you can avoid unnecessary disturbance and argument with strangers" is childish and not good for you.

You should understand what people are saying before jumping to conclusion, if not, in real life you will have a hard time with other people or may even get into fights. You are still writing your C12 maths exams, so you have not even entered university. For your own safety, I suggest that you relax more.

You have an exam coming up and it is in your best interest to read and understand the questions and context before jumping to conclusion. Even beyond that, you should understand the context before jumping to conclusion. If not, you will look like a plonker to your friends or peers.

From someone who is probably older than you, I sincerely advise that you loosen up and relax a bit. Life is not like TSR or social media, where you can have a web-rage and jump into people's conversation in a bid to piss them off without facing consequences. If you want to enter a conversation, you do it with respect.

If you are going to University, you will need this advice. If you are not going to University and have chosen to go into society, then you must brace yourself and control yourself more.

Despite my rant, I wish you the best in your Maths exam. Good luck. :smile:

Look, I already told you why I assumed what I did, there were enough reasons that I mentioned.

""Writing that "I suggest you to re-read your posts before you make them ,and always think twice or thrice before saying something at any point in your life, because , otherwise you will end up arguing with strangers because they would think that you are trying to defend a 'bigot' , just like in this situation for example. This way, you can avoid unnecessary disturbance and argument with strangers" is childish and not good for you."" - Hahhah , how come it is 'childish' , and 'not good' for me ? You must be having a really bad time in your life , or else you would have not said that.

".........you still claim to be in the right." hmmm what ? I suggest you read my posts carefully before 'advising' me.

"You have an exam coming up and it is in your best interest to read and understand the questions and context before jumping to conclusion. Even beyond that, you should understand the context before jumping to conclusion. If not, you will look like a plonker to your friends or peers." - woah woah hold on a second........ you are 'advising' me on my exams ? hahhhahah, do you even know my previous results in my A-level unit 1s ? If you did, then you would have been begging for advice from me for your own. Anyway....... thx for the 'advice'. Oh ........ and you don't need to care about how my friends or peers will think of me.

And lastly......... how pathetic you are that you are continuously giving me while I just keep on implying to you that I don't need nor want your 'advices'. Please leave me alone.
This is true. This is what really pisses me off the most.

Why? Don't marry then duh
You people need to stop being so ignorant with these stupid, interrogative Muslim threads. Why don't you just leave Muslims alone? And for the record, I have a Muslim friend who has a non-Muslim boyfriend.🙄

haram
There's always going to be a degree of segregation in Muslim communities in term of religion what I was trying to get across was the distinct label of 'terrorist' stuck on the Muslim community as a whole.

With all due respect, your complaint then amounts to 'we have the wrong kind of separation/segregation.' I also don't think there are that many people who do describe all Muslims as terrorists, though there is a great tendency among the Muslim community to assume that any criticism is essentially the same as saying 'Muslims = terrorists', which isn't altogether unjustified, given the existence of vocal groups who say exactly that.

The highlighted sentences are different, one is defined as hate on the religion and the other towards the group of people following that religion. TSR threads, or at least what I've personally noticed, have included both and that's why I pointed out that they should stop.

You want both anti-Muslim as well as anti-Islam threads stopped? I only half-agree, if that's the case.

And I think instead of moderators having to take down threads, people should stop with the relentless hate that they continue to post on this website every day without fail.

Agreed, but this is much like stating the obvious: that one would prefer for crimes not to be committed in the first place than to punish them after they've occurred. There's no way to guarantee that, I'm afraid.

When I say 'hate towards Islam', I mean the outright degrading comments, not the ones that simply disagree with the religion in their own opinion and don't try to insult it or the followers of that faith.

Whether something is degrading or insulting is entirely subjective, and often used by people who know this very well to try to silence opposition. As such, I don't agree; nobody has the right not to be offended and, equally, people are more than welcome to not read threads that offend them.

Though I think there's a good argument to be made about adding a customisable filter to the Latest Discussions feature so that it's possible to select which forums/subforums one wants to be kept up to date with. Then, you can simply untick the box next to Debates and Current Affairs if you don't want to see too much anti-Islam stuff.

It's very important to 'insult' Islam (I would say 'criticise', but we'll go with your word), as it is to 'insult' Roman Catholicism and other superstitions. You obviously don't agree, presumably because you're religious yourself, but while it may seem intuitive that if people simply suppressed their disagreement with/dislike of your religion, its adherents would instantly be better off, there's no reason to think that this would be the case. Rather, in silencing opposition voices, it would make extremist voices seem louder.

Doing away with free inquiry has never produced the positive results one would think. :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saad69
Why? Don't marry then duh

Lol!!!!:biggrin::wink:
Original post by CPSohan
Look, I already told you why I assumed what I did, there were enough reasons that I mentioned.

""Writing that "I suggest you to re-read your posts before you make them ,and always think twice or thrice before saying something at any point in your life, because , otherwise you will end up arguing with strangers because they would think that you are trying to defend a 'bigot' , just like in this situation for example. This way, you can avoid unnecessary disturbance and argument with strangers" is childish and not good for you."" - Hahhah , how come it is 'childish' , and 'not good' for me ? You must be having a really bad time in your life , or else you would have not said that.

".........you still claim to be in the right." hmmm what ? I suggest you read my posts carefully before 'advising' me.

"You have an exam coming up and it is in your best interest to read and understand the questions and context before jumping to conclusion. Even beyond that, you should understand the context before jumping to conclusion. If not, you will look like a plonker to your friends or peers." - woah woah hold on a second........ you are 'advising' me on my exams ? hahhhahah, do you even know my previous results in my A-level unit 1s ? If you did, then you would have been begging for advice from me for your own. Anyway....... thx for the 'advice'. Oh ........ and you don't need to care about how my friends or peers will think of me.

And lastly......... how pathetic you are that you are continuously giving me while I just keep on implying to you that I don't need nor want your 'advices'. Please leave me alone.

Okay. That is fine. My apologies.

I take back all the 'advice' that I have given you. I don't know you from Adam, so I don't have the right to be giving you advice.

As you have written, you are very clever with your A' Levels results and I should be the one asking for advice from you.

I wish you the best in your examinations. It was nice to meet you, Sohan.

Good luck :smile:
Okay. That is fine. My apologies.

I take back all the 'advice' that I have given you. I don't know you from Adam, so I don't have the right to be giving you advice.

As you have written, you are very clever with your A' Levels results and I should be the one asking for advice from you.

I wish you the best in your examinations. It was nice to meet you, Sohan.

Good luck :smile:

OK!!!!wow!!!! U seem like a really gentle and non violent person !!! [I have been observing ur and the other person's conversation]:wink::tongue:
Original post by shahida sulaiman
OK!!!!wow!!!! U seem like a really gentle and non violent person !!! [I have been observing ur and the other person's conversation]:wink::tongue:

I am not violent and I personally don't like attention. Our conversation, to me, was getting out of hand, so I had to calm emotions.

It was just a misunderstanding. Don't worry about it. :smile:
I am not violent and I personally don't like attention. Our conversation, to me, was getting out of hand, so I had to calm emotions.

It was just a misunderstanding. Don't worry about it. :smile:

I said nonviolent not violent !!!!!:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending