The Student Room Group

Yale University introduces gender-neutral bathrooms

It is one of several changes made in the past school year designed to make the university friendlier to transgender students, staff and visitors, school officials said.

Yale also has decided to change a long-standing rule and will allow transgender graduates to have on their diploma the name they use, rather than the name on their birth certificates.

"Yale aims to be a leader on this front," said Tamar Gendler, dean of Yale's Faculty of Arts and Sciences. "Part of what is important about the all-gender bathroom project and about putting it at the top of our commencement site, is this is about public signaling.

"Yale's Equal Opportunity Statement, which covers all students and employees, has since 2006 prohibited discrimination based upon gender identity or expression in admission, education and employment.

But Isaac Amend, a rising senior who is transitioning to male, said he and other members of the transgender community noticed a big difference at Yale after Caitlyn Jenner's transition brought transgender issues into the national spotlight.

"I'm pretty sure that if you take any year in Yale history and measure the amount of change that happened with regards to trans rights, this has been the most monumental year, by a lot," Amend said.
Professors are now using preferred pronouns when addressing students, and the school is allowing transgender students to change their names on their school identification card and the school's web portal at no charge, he said.

Gender reassignment surgery, hormone suppression therapy and medical procedures are now covered under the student health plan, although Amend said many doctors at the school are not supportive.

From The Independent.

What are you lots thoughts on this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not surprising, Yale is one of the worst universities for SJW scumbags (see shrieking girl & clicking cucks).
They'll lose a lot of funding and people will stop sending their kids there. Then they'll be forced to reevaluate their policies or shut down.
Having gone to a university that had a lot of gender neutral toilets that were also disabled friendly but specified that they weren't disabled specific, I don't know what the issue is.

The way it was at Lancaster all of the cubicles were along one corridor which was off a main corridor or area near a lecture theatre and within the cubicle there was a toilet, sink, hand drier, sanitary bin etc.

We have gender neutral toilets in the home, I don't know why this is an issue!
There is nothing wrong with gender neutral bathrooms. Just put screens around the toilet cubicles and have a general hand washing area.
Reply 4
Original post by minimarshmallow
Having gone to a university that had a lot of gender neutral toilets that were also disabled friendly but specified that they weren't disabled specific, I don't know what the issue is.

The way it was at Lancaster all of the cubicles were along one corridor which was off a main corridor or area near a lecture theatre and within the cubicle there was a toilet, sink, hand drier, sanitary bin etc.

We have gender neutral toilets in the home, I don't know why this is an issue!

Original post by Powersymphonia
There is nothing wrong with gender neutral bathrooms. Just put screens around the toilet cubicles and have a general hand washing area.

Since it's not really an issue, I don't understand why everyone is throwing a hissy fit out of it.
It will be fantastic to see girls in the loo too :smile:
Original post by Jebedee
Not surprising, Yale is one of the worst universities for SJW scumbags (see shrieking girl & clicking cucks).
They'll lose a lot of funding and people will stop sending their kids there. Then they'll be forced to reevaluate their policies or shut down.

Yeah, sure. People will stop wanting to go to one of the very best and most highly regarded universities on Earth because it has gender neutral toilets. Good luck with that....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool. I mean, what's there to have an opinion on...?
Original post by Jebedee

Seriously? Were you born yesterday? Nobody even cares. Get off the internet and live your life. Anybody with those sorts of views clearly hasn't see past their own four walls.
I've used unisex toilets before.

Big woop.
I love these bathrooms because nobody wants to use public cubicles in reality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ivybridge
Seriously? Were you born yesterday? Nobody even cares. Get off the internet and live your life. Anybody with those sorts of views clearly hasn't see past their own four walls.

Whilst I agree with you you can hardly say that nobody cares...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moonstruck16
Whilst I agree with you you can hardly say that nobody cares...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really don't think many people genuinely care. I think people just like having something to bitch and moan about.
Whatever next is my only thought
So arent gender neutral toilets just going to be abused by men needing to drop chocolate logs but not wanting to sit on the piss ridden seats in the mens bathroom?

I know i will be heading straight there next time i need to unleash a chocolate log
Can't see any issues at all with this
Smh
Original post by Dodgypirate
It will be fantastic to see girls in the loo too :smile:

Wait so they're sharing the toilets...? So there's just a little section in the mens toilets for girls who wanna be guys and vice versa...in the facility of their desired sex???
Weird and dangerous.
Reply 18
I'm just waiting for somebody to invent a dog toilet. :biggrin:
Original post by anarchism101
Yeah, sure. People will stop wanting to go to one of the very best and most highly regarded universities on Earth because it has gender neutral toilets. Good luck with that....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gender neutral toilets is just a tip of the iceberg, I'm talking about the overall SJW and anti-free speech issues.

Original post by ivybridge

I think you will find that the majority care, they just don't whine about it as loud as others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending