The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL RE - question B - no" i think", no marks?

I was just told recently by another teacher that if you dont explicitly state " I think" or "believe ... is important" you get no marks. My teacher's really **** so I'm not suprised he never mentioned something like this but I'm hoping it's not true because if thats the case I lost 16 marks on my last exam because I probably immediately wrote "yes. It is important because..."
Was anybody else told about this " I think" business? I'm hoping it's not a real thing.
(edited 7 years ago)
What question? What part has he told you about this? a, b, c or d?
If it was question b, your teacher is true because the mark scheme speicifcally states that your answer must be your own personal opinion.
Reply 3
Original post by loginrunner
If it was question b, your teacher is true because the mark scheme speicifcally states that your answer must be your own personal opinion.

but surely if the question is:
do you think?
and i say "Yes" - i am giving my own opinion...
Reply 4
Original post by Certified
What question? What part has he told you about this? a, b, c or d?

question b
Original post by za07
but surely if the question is:
do you think?
and i say "Yes" - i am giving my own opinion...

Now that you put it that way I think you will get the marks because I believe that you can also get the marks by saying "I agree..." If you just said why without saying "yes" or something similar, then you would not get the marks.
Reply 6
Original post by loginrunner
Now that you put it that way I think you will get the marks because I believe that you can also get the marks by saying "I agree..." If you just said why without saying "yes" or something similar, then you would not get the marks.

Okay cool I ets hope so. I dont want to go down two whole grades because of two stupid words.
Original post by za07
Okay cool I ets hope so. I dont want to go down two whole grades because of two stupid words.

As long as the 'yes' you gave was clear then you should be marked in the same way.

E.g: Do you think God designed the world?

1. I think God did design the world because....
OR
2. Yes God designed the world because...

I'm sure the examiner will establish your yes/no viewpoint.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending