The Student Room Group

2016 AQA English Literature predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by elliemayanne
yes, I'm thinking if courage is the wider question the extract should be on mrs dubose

yeah me too, I really hope it is
Anyone have thoughts on Purple Hibiscus?
We're doing that and The Crucible, how long has it been since Abigail came up?
Our English teacher seems to think its Slim, as hes never came up before, i hope shes right if not we are all screwed
how many paragraphs for each question ?
also, is an intro and concl.. needed?
thanks.
does anyone know what characters came up last year in of mice and men and an inspector calls. ? for aqa
How would you do close language analysis of Dill saying "I'm little but I'm old"? in TKAM?
Original post by sjshdjam
does anyone know what characters came up last year in of mice and men and an inspector calls. ? for aqa

For inspector calls you could either choose Mr Birling or the theme of inequality.
For of mice and men the extract was Curley's wife's death, and the essay question was on brutality.
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 67
Hey guys, im doing Romeo and Juliet, any predictions?
Original post by SabinaHarrietJ
Anyone have thoughts on Purple Hibiscus?
We're doing that and The Crucible, how long has it been since Abigail came up?

Hiya :smile:
I'm doing The Crucible too (sigh) and I think it might be either Abigail (I think she last came up in 2011/2012 and as a major character she's overdue a re-run) or Danforth because he's never been before.
I was hoping for a really good theme but they used the theme of betrayal last year so I don't reckon they'll use any this year :/

I did Of Mice and Men though - is Purple Hibiscus any good?
Original post by abbigm1
Setting may come up for OMAM, but I hope not

Our controlled assessment was on setting so hopefully it'll come up!
Original post by CaptErin
Hiya :smile:
I'm doing The Crucible too (sigh) and I think it might be either Abigail (I think she last came up in 2011/2012 and as a major character she's overdue a re-run) or Danforth because he's never been before.
I was hoping for a really good theme but they used the theme of betrayal last year so I don't reckon they'll use any this year :/

I did Of Mice and Men though - is Purple Hibiscus any good?

Purple Hibiscus is an interesting book, and very dark at times, I just wish I had been able to read it for my self and not analyse the bejeezus out of it haha
Reply 71
Is Eric a likely chance?
Reply 72
Original post by abbigm1
Is Eric a likely chance?

I don't think so as he came up Jun 2013
Original post by GCSEstudentt
I seriously hope so, I swear if it's on Slim or Carlson I will cry lol

I doubt the exam tomorrow will be about Slim, as he only came up a couple years ago. Carlson wouldn't be too bad, you would just have to talk about the way he represents death and disrespect of old people after he kills Candy's dog. I think it will be about masculinity, as that is a topic that hasn't come up before, maybe that will be in the extract?
Reply 74
I have a feeling of AIC they may focus on solely themes for both options, or it may be the Inspector
Original post by SabinaHarrietJ
Purple Hibiscus is an interesting book, and very dark at times, I just wish I had been able to read it for my self and not analyse the bejeezus out of it haha

Ah, I know what you mean, I really liked Of Mice and Men but now that I've had to deconstruct every little punctuation mark it's kind of killed it off :/ might look at reading Purple Hibiscus then, the questions on it have always seemed quite interesting
for omam im praying either curley and his wife.

ps if anyone needs help with characters for omam just message me and if anyone can help me with the context of inspector calls id be greatful
Original post by tiquismiquis
For inspector calls you could either choose Mr Birling or the theme of inequality.
For of mice and men the extract was Curley's wife's death, and the essay question was on brutality.
Hope this helps :smile:

thanks so much !!
Any predictions for under milk wood??
Reply 79
Original post by ukila
People in my class are confused on whether the Inspector has came up before, do you have any idea if he did? (Just assuming since you mentioned it)

Not that me or my teachers know of. They have checked backed too 2011 also.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending