The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miminfl
No problem :smile:, this website is good for having ideas of reasons why pollution is caused http://mawdoo3.com/تصنيف:التلوث_البيئي
And also in the purple as book "the arabic season" read from pages 146 till 159. It's only a prediction.
I hope it doesn't come up because I'm not good with using scientific arabic words :/ good luck for exams.

Thanks again.

InshaAllah it doesn't come up.

You too, may Allah make it easy. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by s_ahmed2
Thanks again.

InshaAllah it doesn't come up.

You too, may Allah make it easy. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

In sha Allah!🙏🏼
Hi can somebody translate question 7, section C of may 2009 AS paper. I'm struggling to understand what it actually wants me to do.
Reply 43
Original post by the_googly
Hi can somebody translate question 7, section C of may 2009 AS paper. I'm struggling to understand what it actually wants me to do.

Alright I'll translate it, give me a few mins :smile:
Reply 44

This is my way of translating it , it's different from the mark scheme , I'm not perfect in Arabic . It think it matched what the paragraph says.

Distance learning and electronic learning
A lot of universities use programs on the internet network for distance learning and electronic learning.
These programs have the full syllabus. And it is the most modern way of teaching. The teacher using this type of learning sees that the advantages are greater than the disadvantages.
The benefits of this type of learning is that it meets the need of students who cannot attend the university constantly or live far away from the university. It also helps the student to get used to depend on himself. It provides the opportunity for teachers outside the university to participate in teaching and that's by recording their lectures and putting it on the univerisity's website. It's possible to use the email to transfer the lectures in the form of text to students. They can also use if for sending their questions and quires.

I hope this makes sense. translation is my weakness and I don't Knw how much this will get me
Reply 45

Omg I just realised that u asked for question 7 !!! When u said translation I thought u meant to translate the text :/ sorry let me check
You have to write if flirting (this case the man is flirting with women) on the street is a normal attitude or disrespectful , what's the reason for it? ( meaning why is it happening? Eg women dress openly which attracts men attention) and what would u do if u were in the womens (girl) place ? And why would you do that.
(edited 7 years ago)

Harassment in the streets... a natural phenomenon or a disrespectful behaviour

Most young girls and women in our arabian societies complain of the phenomenon of harrasment to then by young men in the streets.

However most young men who practice harassment believe that the young girls feel happy when they tease them. Especially when they include words and expressions praising their beauty.

Write your opinion on this issue in the arabic language(180-200 words)
You must include the following points:

Is this a natural phenomenon or a disrespectful behaviour

What are the causes of this phenomenon in your opinion.

What would you do if you were in the position of the girls and why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Miminfl
This is my way of translating it , it's different from the mark scheme , I'm not perfect in Arabic . It think it matched what the paragraph says.

Distance learning and electronic learning
A lot of universities use programs on the internet network for distance learning and electronic learning.
These programs have the full syllabus. And it is the most modern way of teaching. The teacher using this type of learning sees that the advantages are greater than the disadvantages.
The benefits of this type of learning is that it meets the need of students who cannot attend the university constantly or live far away from the university. It also helps the student to get used to depend on himself. It provides the opportunity for teachers outside the university to participate in teaching and that's by recording their lectures and putting it on the univerisity's website. It's possible to use the email to transfer the lectures in the form of text to students. They can also use if for sending their questions and quires.

I hope this makes sense. translation is my weakness and I don't Knw how much this will get me

That's a good translation, maybe full marks or just under.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
That's a good translation, maybe full marks or just under.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never achieved full marks in translating :frown: even tho I'm an Arab , I'm not that good with my own language . Thankyou tho :smile:
Reply 49
Harassment in the streets... a natural phenomenon or a disrespectful behaviour

Most young girls and women in our arabian societies complain of the phenomenon of harrasment to then by young men in the streets.

However most young men who practice harassment believe that the young girls feel happy when they tease them. Especially when they include words and expressions praising their beauty.

Write your opinion on this issue in the arabic language(180-200 words)
You must include the following points:

Is this a natural phenomenon or a disrespectful behaviour

What are the causes of this phenomenon in your opinion.

What would you do if you were in the position of the girls and why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you translated all this by yourself !?
Impressing :smile:
Original post by Miminfl
Have you translated all this by yourself !?
Impressing :smile:

Yeah alhamdulillah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Yeah alhamdulillah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mashallah, your better than an Arab! In sha Allah you ace your exam! You seen to be working hard in Arabic
Original post by Miminfl
Mashallah, your better than an Arab! In sha Allah you ace your exam! You seen to be working hard in Arabic

Wow thanks, I never thought I would hear those words. You too inshaAllah, may Allah give us what is best for us. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Wow thanks, I never thought I would hear those words. You too inshaAllah, may Allah give us what is best for us. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honesty :smile: and in sha Allah !!! 😇
Thanks a lot for the help guys.

I have only really studied Quranic Arabic and I am very good at it also alhamdullilah. But modern arabic seems very different and I am struggling at it.

Can anybody translate the text before question four about marriage in June 2011 paper. Thanks
Reply 55
Ugh A level Arabic is a nightmare. I was rubbish at english lit/lang GCSE; doing a similar level of stuff in ARABIC was even harder
Reply 56

I have only really studied Quranic Arabic and I am very good at it also alhamdullilah. But modern arabic seems very different and I am struggling at it.

Can anybody translate the text before question four about marriage in June 2011 paper. Thanks

Read the text then answer the next questions in Arabic language from what came in the text .

Hope that makes sense
Reply 57
Any predictions for the long writing questions that might come up for the A2 one, because they're very different every year
Reply 58
And does anyone have or know where to find the story version of the Thiefs and the Dogs pleaseee

is it edexcel exam board?

Latest

Trending

Trending