The Student Room Group

Journey's End Literature Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Perfection Ace
Aha I'm glad! To be honest, I prefer unseen poetry than the book question! I feel as if I've done sooo many work on poetry over the few years that I've become used to analysing them! But nonetheless, I haven't done ANY preparation for the unseen poetry or the JE question. The only revision I've done is asking you questions on here! :biggrin:. But in a few hours, I'm gonna start revising properly and just decide on some quotes and read the revision guide - or ask you more questions :wink:! At the moment I'm revising Physics and Geography!

I'd be happy with a B or A grade for tomorrow! I'm guessing you're not going any lower than an A*? xD

Ask me all the questions you need- it's actually really helpful for me as well! You have to help me with poetry I need all the help possible haha :biggrin:
My coursework was an A* but my teacher predicted me a B for the exam, so really I would just like to prove her wrong :biggrin: I am also hoping to take it for A level so I need to do well
Good luck for Physics and Geography- are you doing triple science?
Original post by catkoala
Ask me all the questions you need- it's actually really helpful for me as well! You have to help me with poetry I need all the help possible haha :biggrin:
My coursework was an A* but my teacher predicted me a B for the exam, so really I would just like to prove her wrong :biggrin: I am also hoping to take it for A level so I need to do well
Good luck for Physics and Geography- are you doing triple science?

Ahh good and thanks! My teacher predicted me an A* but I've just don't feel motivated or enthusiastic about English anymore and I'm probably gonna let him down! My main focus is on science - I want to get all A* and yes I am doing triple science, are you doing triple too? :biggrin:

For unseen poetry, all I literally do is just talk about contrast/juxtaposition and just go deep. I'm not a really good helper so I can hardly help unfortunately! :s-smilie:. Main thing is just go DEEEEP and just focus on connotations of key words! But yeah, thanks for all the help!
Ahh good and thanks! My teacher predicted me an A* but I've just don't feel motivated or enthusiastic about English anymore and I'm probably gonna let him down! My main focus is on science - I want to get all A* and yes I am doing triple science, are you doing triple too? :biggrin:

For unseen poetry, all I literally do is just talk about contrast/juxtaposition and just go deep. I'm not a really good helper so I can hardly help unfortunately! :s-smilie:. Main thing is just go DEEEEP and just focus on connotations of key words! But yeah, thanks for all the help!

I think you'll probably get the A*, you seem to be really smart! Me? Noo way science is my enemy, I just hope for a B or C. Good luck for it, I hope you get really good marks in all of them!

Yes, that's what most people say I'll probably end up making up something that has nothing to do with the writer's original purpose but that's just the whole point of English I guess. :biggrin:
Reply 23
For Journeys End does anybody have useful resources that analysis the different themes?
I think you'll probably get the A*, you seem to be really smart! Me? Noo way science is my enemy, I just hope for a B or C. Good luck for it, I hope you get really good marks in all of them!

Yes, that's what most people say I'll probably end up making up something that has nothing to do with the writer's original purpose but that's just the whole point of English I guess. :biggrin:

Aha thanks! *I'm only smart in science - with the rest, I completely SUCK* If you work hard enough, you'll defo get that B grade :smile: and thank you!! :tongue:

Yeah that's the thing was English - there's hardly any wrong answers! We should just focus on picking out the write quotes and we'll be good!! I wish you all the best for tomorrow!! :smile:
Aha thanks! *I'm only smart in science - with the rest, I completely SUCK* If you work hard enough, you'll defo get that B grade :smile: and thank you!! :tongue:

Yeah that's the thing was English - there's hardly any wrong answers! We should just focus on picking out the write quotes and we'll be good!! I wish you all the best for tomorrow!! :smile:

I doubt that but science is a great subject to be smart at so you're really lucky! I have been preparing for science (and history) the longest out of all my subjects so hopefully it will pay off :s-smilie:

Yeah true, and make sure to analyse just one word of the quotation in more detail- and offer multiple interpretations. Hopefully it should be fine, I'm so nervous :colondollar: Thank you and good luck to you as well, feel free to ask if you have any more questions
I doubt that but science is a great subject to be smart at so you're really lucky! I have been preparing for science (and history) the longest out of all my subjects so hopefully it will pay off :s-smilie:

Yeah true, and make sure to analyse just one word of the quotation in more detail- and offer multiple interpretations. Hopefully it should be fine, I'm so nervous :colondollar: Thank you and good luck to you as well, feel free to ask if you have any more questions

Yeah - hard work always pays off!! I'm kinda nervous too! Will you be going to school earlier than usual to attend booster session? My teacher offered me it but I'm still deciding...... :redface:

And thanks, I'll be sure to ask for help!! Thanks!! :smile:
Yeah - hard work always pays off!! I'm kinda nervous too! Will you be going to school earlier than usual to attend booster session? My teacher offered me it but I'm still deciding...... :redface:

And thanks, I'll be sure to ask for help!! Thanks!! :smile:

Unfortunately, our school doesn't offer anything like that to help us :/ but if I could, I would so yes definitely attend it if you can.

No problem, thank you to you as well :smile:
Unfortunately, our school doesn't offer anything like that to help us :/ but if I could, I would so yes definitely attend it if you can.

No problem, thank you to you as well :smile:

Hey again! I was just wondering on the amount of time you're going to be spending on each question? My teacher always stresses how important it is to use a certain amount of time on each section. How much time will you be spending on annotating, analysis, JE and etc....? :smile:
Hey again! I was just wondering on the amount of time you're going to be spending on each question? My teacher always stresses how important it is to use a certain amount of time on each section. How much time will you be spending on annotating, analysis, JE and etc....? :smile:

I just did another practice paper and since its 1hr30 minutes I tested and would do 45 minutes on poetry and 45 minutes on Journey's End with 15 minutes planning for each :smile:
I just did another practice paper and since its 1hr30 minutes I tested and would do 45 minutes on poetry and 45 minutes on Journey's End with 15 minutes planning for each :smile:

Ahh! Okay! I guess I'll do the same too! :P
Ahh! Okay! I guess I'll do the same too! :P

I'm really scared that I'll freeze or something and not be able to answer anything :ahhhhh:
I'm really scared that I'll freeze or something and not be able to answer anything :ahhhhh:

Aw don't worry about it! You've prepared so much for this!! Just remember that you completely OWN English and that it is YOUR SUBJECT!! Make sure to prove that hard work pays off!! :smile::cool:
Hi everyone

I have the Journeys End exam tomorrow, I'm really worried about it.

Does anyone know where I can find mock papers?
Reply 34
Original post by georgiahuntxo
Hi everyone

I have the Journeys End exam tomorrow, I'm really worried about it.

Does anyone know where I can find mock papers?

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-87101H-W-SQP.PDF
Oh my goodness a character question! That paper was bloody lovely, a god send! Poem was risque though :wink:
Original post by Blueee29
Oh my goodness a character question! That paper was bloody lovely, a god send! Poem was risque though :wink:

I am very pleased with how it went- although it wasn't easy. I chose to do the time one but regretted it near the end of the question :/ ah well, it's over now.

Was told by my teacher afterward that the poem was about a prostitute luring a man into her bed? Safe to say I didn't write that- let's hope the examiners enjoy imaginative interpretation.
Aw don't worry about it! You've prepared so much for this!! Just remember that you completely OWN English and that it is YOUR SUBJECT!! Make sure to prove that hard work pays off!! :smile::cool:

Thank you! How did you find it? Good luck tomorrow for geog :smile:
Reply 38
The Character question was a relief to be honest. I kinda ran out of time so could not really comment on Hibberts reluctance to join the rest of the soldiers up in the trenches but I am pretty happy with how it went. Unseen poetry was tough- I thought the lady really loved the fox and used supernatural powers to gain red fur lol. Well hopefully the examiners can credit some of my points.Does anybody know the grade boundaries for an A or B?
Thank you! How did you find it? Good luck tomorrow for geog :smile:

Maaaaan, I think I secured a B at max! I didn't write anything about form and structure for the Lady and Fox - I mentioned stuff about her transforming into a fox at the end of the poem! :s-smilie:

For Hibbert, I had the right ideas - him and stanhopes beef up & his behaviour at the dinner party or w/e. BUT I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT TO INCLUDE THE QUOTE ABOUT WORMS!!!!! I'm so mad man!!! Oh well I guess!

How about you? I bet you found it super easy :wink: :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending