The Student Room Group

Exam Stress

I'm currently in Year 12 and I have exams coming up. I'm really struggling to keep up with the work as i have had bad attendance due to illnesses. But now the exams have come round i feel myself getting ill, to the extent where my mum has force me to have a couple of days at home, because i'm crumbling under the pressure. I barely ate for a couple of days, im not sleeping more than 3 hours a night and I'm failing every subject because im trying to make sure all the work is done. The exams i have, if i fail them i cant carry on the subject and ive had one so far and i know ive failed as i answered the wrong things.

How do you cope with the stress and pressure at this stage of education.

Thanks in advance.
Original post by lauran-l
I'm currently in Year 12 and I have exams coming up. I'm really struggling to keep up with the work as i have had bad attendance due to illnesses. But now the exams have come round i feel myself getting ill, to the extent where my mum has force me to have a couple of days at home, because i'm crumbling under the pressure. I barely ate for a couple of days, im not sleeping more than 3 hours a night and I'm failing every subject because im trying to make sure all the work is done. The exams i have, if i fail them i cant carry on the subject and ive had one so far and i know ive failed as i answered the wrong things.

How do you cope with the stress and pressure at this stage of education.

Thanks in advance.

Have you been to see your GP?
Does your school know?
Not eating and not sleeping isbt helpful, therefore do it.
The sky won't fall in if you fail. Focus on doing your best.
You can always resit.

Sorry. How do I cope?
Keep it in perspective.
Focus on the fact you can only do your best.
I try and maximise the time left for revision by being well organised. Know what I am doing.
Just be honest with yourself and do as much as you can.
Eat, sleep and relax properly.
Worrying is natural, but doesnt help, so I just get on with it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
ive been to my gp and have tried medication, and talked to all types of people.
i tried to keep it quiet thinking it would go subside, i ended up telling my mum and she talked to school about it.

thank you, its a relief.

im petrified of failing my exam though. i dont seem to be doing well at anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending