The Student Room Group

2016 Sunlight on the grass predictions ENGLISH LIT

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jazz_xox_
no, there hasn't. what would you compare belfast confetti with?

I'd do it with either: Out of the Blue- because in both the victims are caught up with conflict that's not of their doing.
Or the Right Word- as its full of doubt and confusion
Come on Come Back- also confusion
Reply 21
what do you predict for OMAN?
Original post by the pro
I'd do it with either: Out of the Blue- because in both the victims are caught up with conflict that's not of their doing.
Or the Right Word- as its full of doubt and confusion
Come on Come Back- also confusion

Oh yes they are both good ideas. We haven't studied come on come back, so I wouldn't link it to that, and I would answer the other question if it was named.

For OMAN, I predict the scene where Candy's dog was killed, linking with security? Or maybe a part where George, Lennie and Candy talk about their dream, or possibly a scene with Curley as I don't think he has been in a named passage yet, I may be wrong? :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by jazz_xox_
Oh yes they are both good ideas. We haven't studied come on come back, so I wouldn't link it to that, and I would answer the other question if it was named.

For OMAN, I predict the scene where Candy's dog was killed, linking with security? Or maybe a part where George, Lennie and Candy talk about their dream, or possibly a scene with Curley as I don't think he has been in a named passage yet, I may be wrong? :smile:
Thank you , those are some insightful ideas!
Reply 24
the ending of mice and men could come up as thats never come up before , and it its the last time they're using mice and men.
What would u write about form and structure in the short stories-sunlight on the grass?
Reply 26
Original post by Revision738266
What would u write about form and structure in the short stories-sunlight on the grass?

I would just add a sentence in really, e.g. if I'm analysing a quote i'd write 'this is significant structurally because at the beginning/ end of .... the writer showed that....'
Reply 27
I reckon the two questions will be:

My Polish Teacher's Tie - the use of symbolism perhaps? Or has that come up before?

On Seeing the 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful April Morning - the theme of relationships.

Fingers crossed My Polish Teacher's Tie is in there though, considerin that's the story I have the most concrete knowledge on!
Reply 28
Original post by L0st45
I reckon the two questions will be:

My Polish Teacher's Tie - the use of symbolism perhaps? Or has that come up before?

On Seeing the 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful April Morning - the theme of relationships.

Fingers crossed My Polish Teacher's Tie is in there though, considerin that's the story I have the most concrete knowledge on!
OMG I was thinking that polish teachers tie question could up with symbolism too . Hopefully it does fingers crossed and praying 🙏🏼
Reply 29
Original post by the pro
OMG I was thinking that polish teachers tie question could up with symbolism too . Hopefully it does fingers crossed and praying 🙏🏼

I'm Atheist, but I am actually praying to see My Polish Teacher's Tie and symbolism in the same sentence when I open the question booklet tomorrow! It's so easy to write about, and I need as many marks as I can in the exam tomorrow!

Out of interest, what story would you write about with regards to symbolism in part (b)?
Reply 30
Original post by L0st45
I'm Atheist, but I am actually praying to see My Polish Teacher's Tie and symbolism in the same sentence when I open the question booklet tomorrow! It's so easy to write about, and I need as many marks as I can in the exam tomorrow!

Out of interest, what story would you write about with regards to symbolism in part (b)?

I would either do Compass and Torch or When the Wasps Drowned.
Reply 31
Original post by the pro
I would either do Compass and Torch or When the Wasps Drowned.

I would too, my God can you imagine how much of a godsend the exam would be? Fingers, toes, tongue, life crossed that we get asked a question on symbolism and My Polish Teacher's Tie tomorrow!
Reply 32
Original post by L0st45
I would too, my God can you imagine how much of a godsend the exam would be? Fingers, toes, tongue, life crossed that we get asked a question on symbolism and My Polish Teacher's Tie tomorrow!

Truss me
Reply 33
Original post by the pro
Truss me

We were right Polish teachers tie did come up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending